need advice on exhaust. [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: need advice on exhaust.

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 12:11 AM
I have magnaflow... its not loud enough.
what do you all think... I would get zoomers but i HATE the tips.
im thinking corsa...
even with the headers magnaflow isnt loud enough...
also i looked at the borla system... it still has 4 mufflers... will it be much louder than magnaflow.
please help!!

oman srt8
04-15-2007, 02:57 AM
hi man
iam runnig b&b exuast it is nice .but iam thinking to change it with borla waiting for it and iam waiting for my headers to come in this week

wait for borla and see it

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 03:34 AM
hi man
iam runnig b&b exuast it is nice .but iam thinking to change it with borla waiting for it and iam waiting for my headers to come in this week

wait for borla and see it

i like b&b but have heard bad things... especially on this forum, im am refering to build quality

FastSRT8GC
04-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Tommy

I have the B&B and the build quality is very good. And its loud. If you take the % of problems compared to units sold the problems are few. Even if the seam breaks you can replace with a different muffler. The unit is beautiful, large tips, mirror like finish on the entire system. Good luck

Inferno SRT8
04-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Get the B&B and when those half ass mufflers go replace them with Magnaflows and you will get a roar that resembles a small block Nascar.

whiskey
04-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Take a look at the Zoomers exhaust (http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/truck_suv_cat-back_jeep_cherokee_srt8.asp), I got to hear a 6.1 SRT with this system yesterday, and it was AWESOME.

whiskey
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
It was a bunch louder than the Magnaflow system, with a very agressive tone.

Lots of people with the Chargers and 300's have installed this manufacturers system without any quality problems, too.

HoustonSRT-8
04-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Take a look at the Zoomers exhaust (http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/truck_suv_cat-back_jeep_cherokee_srt8.asp), I got to hear a 6.1 SRT with this system yesterday, and it was AWESOME.
Since you missed, or didn't read his original post, I'll quote it for you.

I would get zoomers but i HATE the tips.

whiskey
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
sorry about that, dont know how I missed that part.....

theoneyoucantreplace
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I have B&B exhaust. It's now seasoned, and sounds like a house got up and moved. The system is super hot. I would recommend it for sound for quality. The performance is strong especially on launchs and WOT. It's beefy with no drone.

My 2 cents worth...

timster
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I think I am going with the B&B or the new Borla exhaust when it comes out

JTSRT
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I have magnaflow... its not loud enough.
what do you all think... I would get zoomers but i HATE the tips.
im thinking corsa...
even with the headers magnaflow isnt loud enough...
also i looked at the borla system... it still has 4 mufflers... will it be much louder than magnaflow.
please help!!

Options to consider. 1) already mentioned - Borla; I've never heard a bad sounding car with borla, but it's a unique sound...Like it or hate it.
2) Have you considered removing the resonators on the magnaflow setup? 3) Doug's and other brands make mechanical and electric cutouts. Dougs come in a pair for around $560. Touch of a toggle switch at a light and boom = open header. I had the 3 wingnut caps on my cutouts and it took about 1 minute to take the caps off and put them back on. Hand tighten is all you ever need, but you have to get on the ground. The wingnut cutouts are maybe around $70 plus most shops will put them on for around the same price. If you go the cutout way, you will always have the option to go back to quiet.

UDLOSE
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Dude i have the same set up as you without cats.I got the B&B with the loud option.I guarantee I have the loudest nicest sounding jeep on the forum.:D

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 01:58 PM
sounds like b&b... i didnt really hear anyone say corsa... how come?? thanks alot guys this was lots of help.
i live in minnesota and chicago... LOTS of salt... i hope the b&b will hold up to it....

BLOWN TBSS
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Have you guys looked into the magnaflow 5x11x28 set up?? we have used this muffler on many trailblazer ss including mine and 3 srt8s with kooks long tubes at the shop. 3 inch in/out with internal x pipe and sounds great.

Inferno SRT8
04-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Have you guys looked into the magnaflow 5x11x28 set up?? we have used this muffler on many trailblazer ss including mine and 3 srt8s with kooks long tubes at the shop. 3 inch in/out with internal x pipe and sounds great.

See now this man knows what he is talking about, 3" is the way to go with an X pipe, no DOUBT! This is what I have.

If anyone was at the track yesterday you can hear me launch from the outer staging area where we all line up and hang out!

Crank
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Alright guys i have been holding out but I have the borla on my truck now. It souds mean. I of course got the loud system and it comes with these massive 5 inch tips. I had the BB loud option on before and heads did not turn the way they turn now. It sounds awesome and it is loud. I have not taken pics or videos because I have not had much time but I will try to get some pics up. As for the video I will try to figure it out because I have never really done it before. And I do still have my BB and it is for sale P.M. me is interested.

squigmang
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
DUDE!!

HOW DARE you post without pics!!!!!!

I vote for a suspension from the fourm after mandatory post of pictures within 1 hour!!!!!

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Alright guys i have been holding out but I have the borla on my truck now. It souds mean. I of course got the loud system and it comes with these massive 5 inch tips. I had the BB loud option on before and heads did not turn the way they turn now. It sounds awesome and it is loud. I have not taken pics or videos because I have not had much time but I will try to get some pics up. As for the video I will try to figure it out because I have never really done it before. And I do still have my BB and it is for sale P.M. me is interested.

how do you have borla??? its not out yet.
how much for your bb

Crank
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
come on guys give me a break here. lol. Yea I have the borla I got my truck back I believe friday. On the way home from San Jose I picked it up at oxnard. I will take pictures but I need a lift. I will try to do that tommarrow.

SRedrockT8
04-15-2007, 04:42 PM
come on guys give me a break here. lol. Yea I have the borla I got my truck back I believe friday. On the way home from San Jose I picked it up at oxnard. I will take pictures but I need a lift. I will try to do that tommarrow.

just lay under it and take a couple pics for now, we need come kind of fix. :cool:

Crank
04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
new post search Borla is on!!!

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
what do you guys think about cutting out my first set of mufflers on my maganflow????

Crank
04-15-2007, 05:47 PM
When I got my BBs on I was talking to the guy and he said that deleting the front mufflers would make the system louder. You might want to double check though

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
is the borla louder than the bb

Crank
04-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Yea it might be a bit. very close.

squigmang
04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Yea it might be a bit. very close.

what has a deeper tone? more aggressive??
what is the difference in sound?

Crank
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
borla is deeper. It sounds alot cleaner than the BB.

squigmang
04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
borla is deeper. It sounds alot cleaner than the BB.

just what i wanted to hear...
thanks again

tommy25000
04-15-2007, 06:40 PM
just what i wanted to hear...
thanks again

same here im sold.

squigmang
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
im sold.

That makes 2 of us

Go~RillaWRX
04-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I am gonna hijack a bit, what if I want the quietest exhaust. I want the performace gains, but i cant go any louder than stock while idling and cruising.

tommy25000
04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I am gonna hijack a bit, what if I want the quietest exhaust. I want the performace gains, but i cant go any louder than stock while idling and cruising.

magnaflow all the way. its barely louder than stock but none the less a great quality product... not to mention it looks nice.