Leaked: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Priced from $31,480 With New Pentastar V6 [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Leaked: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Priced from $31,480 With New Pentastar V6

Administrator
02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/96866-4/JP011_006GC.jpg

It appears as though the full list of 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee options and pricing has leaked onto the net via the folks at Jeep Garage. Unveiled at last year's New York Auto Show, the truck is expected to be in dealerships later this year, with orders as early as June.

Pricing will start at $31,480 for a 4×2 Lardeo, while a top-level Overland 4×4 will run a more significant $45,770.

The base engine for the new Grand Cherokee will be Chrysler's all-new Pentastar V6, making 280-hp and 260 ft-lbs of torque, 90 percent of which is available from 1800 rpm. In the Grand Cherokee, this amounts to an increase of 33 percent more power and 11 percent more torque than the outgoing V6 model.

Some standard and optional highlights include push-button ignition, bi-Xenon headlights, LED lights, power tilt and telescopic steering, Adaptive Speed Control and two different transfer cases.

Notably absent from the list is any mention of an SRT model.

Follow the link or see after the jump for all the detailed standard features, options and pricing.

More: Leaked: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Priced from $31,480 With New Pentastar V6 (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/02/leaked-2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-priced-from-31480-with-new-pentastar-v6.html) on AutoGuide.com

a990dna
02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Notably absent from the list is any mention of an SRT model.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT also was wasn't mentioned in the Harmon Kardon news release in Dec 2009.

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/Newscenter/Pages/10-19-2009_ChryslerBrandedAudio.aspx

Harman to Supply Branded Audio Systems for Chrysler High-Performance Vehicles
20-December-2009

STAMFORD, CT – Harman International Industries, Incorporated announced today that the Company has been selected to provided the branded audio systems for Chrysler Group’s next generation of SRT Series vehicles. The new systems will be available on Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger SRT models beginning with the 2012 model year.

“We are delighted to continue our long association with Chrysler Group with this new high-performance system,” said Dinesh C. Paliwal, Harman’s Chairman, President and CEO. “The top-end Chrysler SRT Series has long been a favorite of discriminating drivers and we look forward to delighting them with a next-generation audio experience.”

The new audio systems will feature an exceptional blend of high performance and efficiency based on Harman’s energy-efficient GreenEdge™ technology. The SRT Series project continues a long relationship that dates back some 25 years when Harman provided the first branded audio systems to Chrysler. Harman has also supplied navigation and infotainment systems for various Chrysler vehicles since 2004. Harman is the global leader for high fidelity automotive audio and infotainment, with an estimated 20 million systems installed in vehicles on the road today from brands including Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Harley Davidson, Hyundai, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, MINI, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Toyota and Volkswagen.

Harman International (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment products for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. The Company maintains a strong presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia and employs about 9,500 people worldwide. The Harman International family of brands spans some 15 leading names including AKG, Becker, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The Company’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the Symbol HAR.

tomsws6
02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
is it me or does that look like the nissan with that sloped rear?

calgary.srt8
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Our opinions are close. Was thinking that too. Also thinking how much usable space is being lost there. I guess I am going to have to see it at the car show and maybe let it grow on me cause I just do not like it. I don't like the cut-straight headlights, the sloped rear quarter and how the wheel line looks like it is at 75%. There I finally said my opinion on it. :worried:

is it me or does that look like the nissan with that sloped rear?

Lawrenzo505
02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
They're still only showing a 5 speed tranny too:confused: You would think that they would be bringing on a 6 speed by now, especially with the need for better fuel economy.

thesrt8
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
They're still only showing a 5 speed tranny too:confused: You would think that they would be bringing on a 6 speed by now, especially with the need for better fuel economy.

It is/was a 6 speed...must be a typo.