Phenolic Redemption [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Phenolic Redemption

generalconfusion
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I dont want to beat this to death, and in order to keep things civil and not be accused of thread crapping when discussing the very subject the thread was opened about.........I would like you to take a look at what the LX forum is NOW stating as to why the subject engines had oil leak problems. It is clearly stated that these phenolic spacers have been used by some members, such as 1bd4dr for some time without incident. It seems that the engines in question had milled heads, therefore causing some sealing problems and some of the senior members have also verified that the 5.7 and 6.1 are in fact different.....AND as I have suspected for some time since, on ocassions 06 Jeep members have noticed a "puff" of smoke on start up......the PCV valve and crankcase system should be checked.

Read pages 9 and 10. Even go back to page 8 where 1bad4dr states he has had them on for 3,000 miles and run up to 140mph with no problem.

What a difference a few days makes when the facts start to surface and people arent shooting their guns BEFORE there out of the holster!!!!.

Hey.......but what do I know??

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=60968&page=9

cmn1
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
It also seems that the 5.7 uses O-rings and not a gasket like the 6.1.

generalconfusion
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Today Running 9's and I met up at GSM to dyno the B&G vs stock ECU...thats another thread but while there Running 9's (Phil) decided to go with the phenolic spacers. Scott pulled his manifold and sure enough it has oil around the entire manifold. We cleaned it up and reinstalled his manifold with the spacers and two gaskets.

We drove back to my house which is about 9 miles from GSM the truck sat for about 2 minutes while we hooked up a scanner......we popped the hood and the manifold was at best warm and no comparison near the heat being radiated by the heads......this will work nicely with that Nitrous set on his truck! Thursday @ Irwindale.....