final thoughts on the dr heads and cam [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: final thoughts on the dr heads and cam

tommy25000
04-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Ok i really want this mod but i feel like there are many unknowns and lots of not so hot results???? is this my imagination? lets try to fill this thread with what we know and need to know. strickly business. 4k is alot to take a chance. is it true with this package the truck bounces off the rev limit? can B&G make a tune to bring the rev limit up. will the blow the motor? whose happy with the package and who is not?

FastSRT8GC
04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hold your pants, I have received mine. They look incredible!!!
You can ingest small children into the intake ports. I will be testing as follows....
Stock w/intake and B&B
then
B&G Stage II.

Then the Jeep is down for 3-4 days for install on the headers,Cam, Heads

Dyno the new setup.

These heads do work. I will stand by them even before i put them on. On an engine like ours, if you get more air in an more air out, faster you are bound to make some serious HP. I am praying for 100HP with all the new stuff.

tommy25000
04-09-2007, 11:41 PM
100hp might be a stretch.... but good luck.

GotStroke?
04-10-2007, 01:01 AM
100hp might be a stretch.... but good luck.

100 at the flywheel isn't really considering he's going with ported heads, a cam, headers and a tune.

tommy25000
04-10-2007, 02:58 AM
i think he meant 100 awhp?

BuilderBill
04-10-2007, 06:11 AM
You can ingest small children into the intake ports. I will be testing as follows....
Stock w/intake and B&B
then
B&G Stage II.

Dyno the new setup.

These heads do work. I will stand by them even before i put them on. On an engine like ours, if you get more air in an more air out, faster you are bound to make some serious HP. I am praying for 100HP with all the new stuff.
100 should be obtainable with the B&G & C & H if not, add a piggyback to help the B&G.
When will we see the installation instructions on your web site? http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
Bill

generalconfusion
04-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Stock w/intake and B&B
then
B&G Stage II.

Dyno the new setup.

Good luck boss......but 100hp might be a hurdle.......maybe 40-50hp. Dont lose sight of the torque# and what it does at the power band. Thats why it is important you have 3-6 good dyno runs with it in the "before" configuration.

Then if it doesnt make a whole lot more peak you can compare the powerband (midrange) improvement of both horsepower and torque!

Oh hell what do I know???

FastSRT8GC
04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
We would all agree that Matt at DR is a fairly stand up guy, Minus being able to return my phone calls. So I believe his claim.

"Big News for 6.1L SRT-8 owners, with our heads, and the comp XFI268 "small" cam we have seen gains of 75HP and 76 FT/lb of TQ AT THE WHEELS with no other changes from the base line. The 268 cams idles and runs grate in the 6.1L's with no tuning needed, just bolt on the heads/cam and go have fun with your new found power!"

This is on a stock exhaust and intake with factory PCM.

With the headers, Cam, heads,B&G, B&B, and volant. I plan on seeing a better increase then 75HP. I just hope i am not setting myself up to be disappointed. (insert praying smiley here)

FastSRT8GC
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
100 should be obtainable with the B&G & C & H if not, add a piggyback to help the B&G.
When will we see the installation instructions on your web site? http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
Bill

Good luck on that one. I will leave this install to the pro's. It has been over 10 year since i stripped a block. Plus now i have the money to pay someone else.

I wanted to take photos of all aspects and the shop agreed but it 40min away and getting back and forth will be a trick... I will try. Wish me luck;)

BuilderBill
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Good luck on that one. I will leave this install to the pro's. It has been over 10 year since i stripped a block. Plus now i have the money to pay someone else.

I wanted to take photos of all aspects and the shop agreed but it 40min away and getting back and forth will be a trick... I will try. Wish me luck;)
I'm with you on the install, it has been a while for me also. I was at my dealer today letting them know that an engine would be arriving in about 4 weeks for the JGC.

I still think that you are in the 100 hp increase range although it will probably take setting the A/F where it should be.
Bill

ps. I am heading out 1st thing in the am to visit AZ speed and marine...ok really to play golf , but, I have a meeting with Jim in the late am tomorrow. Hope to hell it goes well.

FastSRT8GC
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm with you on the install, it has been a while for me also. I was at my dealer today letting them know that an engine would be arriving in about 4 weeks for the JGC.

I still think that you are in the 100 hp increase range although it will probably take setting the A/F where it should be.
Bill

ps. I am heading out 1st thing in the am to visit AZ speed and marine...ok really to play golf , but, I have a meeting with Jim in the late am tomorrow. Hope to hell it goes well.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be at the shop all day making sure they get a good start. So give me a call and let me know what he says. Make sure i get the first kit;) ;) ;)

BuilderBill
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I will be at the shop all day making sure they get a good start. So give me a call and let me know what he says. Make sure i get the first kit;) ;) ;)

Done deal...I will call in between "hacks on the course" tomorrow!
Bill....Damn, I leave in a few hours, better pack!

3336jmh
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Fast how come you ordered the franks racing little boy cam and not the comp 268. I already placed my order for the 268, but Matt said I could change it before he shipped.

FastSRT8GC
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
The lobe is a bit different. This is to support the supercharger. The cams are very close and i should see almost the same #'s with the littleboy as i would with the 268. But with the forced induction the 114 lobe should work better;)

GotStroke?
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Done deal...I will call in between "hacks on the course" tomorrow!
Bill....Damn, I leave in a few hours, better pack!

Be sure to pack your magnifying glass, and good luck. ;)

gculver
04-11-2007, 08:37 AM
The lobe is a bit different. This is to support the supercharger. The cams are very close and i should see almost the same #'s with the littleboy as i would with the 268. But with the forced induction the 114 lobe should work better;)

All F.R.I cams to date are on a 114 LSA, except the Fatman(115LSA) The comp is on a 112 LSA. The F.R.I. equivalent cam to the 268, is the Hellfire, which btw, Is an awesome grind--
Torquey little ba$tard!!

FastMatt
04-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Ok i really want this mod but i feel like there are many unknowns and lots of not so hot results???? is this my imagination? lets try to fill this thread with what we know and need to know. strickly business. 4k is alot to take a chance. is it true with this package the truck bounces off the rev limit? can B&G make a tune to bring the rev limit up. will the blow the motor? whose happy with the package and who is not?

Not so hot results? only the fastest N/A GC SRT-8 in the world running our heads/cam. Dyno charts proving 75 AWHP.... Ya I guess thatís not so hot?

$4K??? You buying 2 heads/cam pkgs? the heads/cam pkg is $2099

FastMatt
04-11-2007, 06:17 PM

The Littleboy cam IMO is not going to make as much power as the Comp 268, I would only recommend the little boy for 6.1L's people planning on running a blower.