"2 wheel peel" traction issues [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: "2 wheel peel" traction issues

BuilderBill
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey guys,
Any progress on the lack of traction? I noticed that the guys with any mods and raced this weekend had traction issues....hence the "2 wheel peel" (Thanks again for the correct phrase Stroke).

With a supercharged stroker being built, I am thinking my traction issues may get worse! LOL.

Help!!!!
Bill

FastSRT8GC
04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,

With a supercharged stroker being built, I am thinking my traction issues may get worse! LOL.

Help!!!!
Bill

NA you should be fine. 11's with front and rear spinning should make for a good youtube video;)

My rear is making noise again. I will give the dealer one more chance to fix then i start working on my own.

This is what we need to find out. Dana 44 how different and why so different then the conventional dana setup. What is the front setup. It would be nice to get a LSD for both.... then find a good company to make our half shafts:eek: cuz we will need them.

BDNJ
04-09-2007, 12:46 PM
As previously mentioned, my shop is still waiting for answers about the D 44H smart-trac from the Rubicon. Will post asap - naturally!

Brendan

BuilderBill
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
NA you should be fine. 11's with front and rear spinning should make for a good youtube video;)

My rear is making noise again. I will give the dealer one more chance to fix then i start working on my own.

This is what we need to find out. Dana 44 how different and why so different then the conventional dana setup. What is the front setup. It would be nice to get a LSD for both.... then find a good company to make our half shafts:eek: cuz we will need them.
FAST,
Just looked on your site...there is every mod available except for the Dana 44. Whats up? I am going to look at the shop manual this afternoon to see if there is anything that we can do electronically maybe to lock up both sides.
Bill

FastSRT8GC
04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
FAST,
Just looked on your site...there is every mod available except for the Dana 44. Whats up? I am going to look at the shop manual this afternoon to see if there is anything that we can do electronically maybe to lock up both sides.
Bill

WTF Bill now your thinking... The Diff, if controled by electronics, should be very easy to lock but I am confident factory diff set up will not hold the power when locked.

If we can find a replacement like BDNJ is trying...(THANKS) then we can lock up the factory and see how long they last:rolleyes: