space to hide nitrous kit? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: space to hide nitrous kit?

stalian999
04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Whats up guys?

You will be seeing more of me soon after I get my gc srt8. Should be within a month or so and I am already preparing for mods. Is there anywhere in the inside of this vehicle to possibly hide a nitrous bottle so that it cannot be seen? I know i probably could not fit a 10lb bottle and it would take something smaller but is there any room for this. I want to make my install as stealth as possible and do not want a bottle to take up some of my much needed cargo space.

Thanks

Sebastian

candyman
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.wkjeeps.com/interior_trim.htm#QUARTER

GotStroke?
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
There are plenty of places to hide a sneaky pete kit if that's what you're talking about.

Crank
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
this was exactly my idea. I was thinking about cutting under the cover in the rear but do not know how much clearance there is between the exhuast and the floor pan.

dbrisson
04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
The gain from the sneaky pete system is so small it would not be worth the work. 50 hp with no duration would be worthless on the street. 5lb bottles could be hidden in the trim space rather than the small 10z job

GotStroke?
04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
The gain from the sneaky pete system is so small it would not be worth the work. 50 hp with no duration would be worthless on the street. 5lb bottles could be hidden in the trim space rather than the small 10z job

It's good enough for a/one money race. ;)

ge2
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm VERY novice when it comes to nitrous, but I've been a bagger before. Tanks to hold your compressed air can be made in any shape or size. Is this possible for nitrous? Could a custom tank be fabbed? Shallow but wide and long? Perhaps to replace the stock cargo well?