2WD vs 4WD Dyno [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: 2WD vs 4WD Dyno

Squilly D
04-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Does anyone know if results from a 2wd dyno would vary much compared to the results for the same Jeep done on a 4wd dyno? I know that results can vary by dyno machine but as a general rule should the results for the Jeep be the same on a 2wd compared to the 4wd? Also, what has to be done to the Jeep so that it can be tested on a 2wd dyno? Thanks

GotStroke?
04-03-2007, 01:40 AM
No, your numbers will be marginally higher in rwd opposed to awd. On a stock Jeep I'd say a 10-15whp difference. To get it in 2wd, remove the ABS fuse and unplug the transfer case. Make sure you shift out of first gear almost immediately when on the rollers. If not you're going to have issues.

Squilly D
04-03-2007, 01:51 AM
No, your numbers will be marginally higher in rwd opposed to awd. On a stock Jeep I'd say a 10-15whp difference. To get it in 2wd, remove the ABS fuse and unplug the transfer case. Make sure you shift out of first gear almost immediately when on the rollers. If not you're going to have issues.
How do I unplug the transfer case?

GotStroke?
04-03-2007, 10:45 AM
How do I unplug the transfer case?

Literally find the connector next to the transfer case and unplug it.

Jred22
05-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Can we tune on a 2wd dyno and get good results? There is only 1 AWD dyno even close to me, and they are backed up 3 weeks. However i think i could hop on a 2wd dyno tomorrow if i wanted to. I got a CMR tune e-mailed from B&G, just want to get everything out of this truck that i can. Anyone know anything on this topic?

stock48
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Just put the front up on jack stands.:D

Jred22
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Just put the front up on jack stands.:D

hahaha, you my friend are a true visionary.

1MEANSALEEN
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I was in the same boat as all of you when i was searching for shops to dyno my jeep. i looked into a few shops and they seemed really good but they only had a 2wd dyno which at first i was down for it, but then i thought about it & the awd was the way to go! think about it your gonna dyno in 2wd mode then put your jeep back into awd it just doesnt seem like the tune would be accurate switching from mode to mode! dont worry about getting the better #'s on the 2wd its all about getting the good tune for your car check out my post and see how well my #'s were with just basic mods on the awd dyno! wish you all luck!

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14218