Anyone near Houston Texas. Donor truck for ASP Pulley... [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Anyone near Houston Texas. Donor truck for ASP Pulley...

rainmaker
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Like the subject says. I talked with ASP, and they're looking for a donor Jeep for potentially making an underdrive pulley for our application. PM me if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

GotStroke?
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Are they just going to make a crank pulley or water pump/alt. as well?

HoustonSRT-8
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
PM sent. I wonder how this would work.

rainmaker
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
PM sent. I wonder how this would work.

Response sent.

Fastest H-Town Realtor
03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Count me in...

jayeepee
03-28-2007, 06:08 AM
I had underdrive pulleys on my 1989 Mustang GT and it made a noticeable difference in power. I did have to keep my foot on the gas a little when stopped to keep the rpm's up otherwise the alternator would not charge the battery properly.

HoustonSRT-8
03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I sent an e-mail to them last night. We'll see what they say.

HoustonSRT-8
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Apparently someone beat me to it. :mad:

rainmaker
03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Apparently someone beat me to it. :mad:

Wow, that's crazy. You were the first one to respond to me. Unless one of the others drove over there that day.... What's did ASP say?

FastSRT8GC
03-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Will this be a ligtened crank pulley or a underdrive pulley. If we keep the standard size and lighten it we should see very good results with out worrying about the A/C, Alt, Steering, Water pumps.

But I am in If it stays the standard size.

GotStroke?
03-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Will this be a ligtened crank pulley or a underdrive pulley. If we keep the standard size and lighten it we should see very good results with out worrying about the A/C, Alt, Steering, Water pumps.

But I am in If it stays the standard size.

ASP typically does smaller/UD crank pulleys, some of them are integrated dampners as well. If I have to buy all three pulleys I will, but I'd only install the PS/alt. and resell the crank. The only thing I'd switch to on the crank would be an ATI/Romac large diameter dampner. Too many failures have been attributed over the years to UD crank pulley/dampners that failed to quell harmonics as they should have--even those with SAE cert. This is why factory crank pulleys are so damn heavy, they need to be. GT500s for instance use a 26 pounder to do the job, and they are internally balanced as well.
It is also possible that they will do a piggy back style crank pulley, but I think the integrated dampner is more likely.

HoustonSRT-8
03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
What's did ASP say?

He said that he needed to see a Jeep, so I asked him where he was located and how long he'd need. He then responded that he already had one to look at or had already looked at one. :confused:

rainmaker
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
He said that he needed to see a Jeep, so I asked him where he was located and how long he'd need. He then responded that he already had one to look at or had already looked at one. :confused:

Well that sucks. Hope they're not just yanking our chain... I'll e-mail them to see if I can get an idea what's going on. If I hear anything different I'll post.