Tips for fan/esp mod?? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Tips for fan/esp mod??

Goldengreek5
03-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm gonna attempt to install the GSM kit for the fan/esp mod today. Any install tips?(Besides making sure I have all the parts!! lol) Thanks in advance!

timster
03-18-2007, 08:32 AM
take some pics of the install if you can. I may do this mod too someday

BuilderBill
03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm gonna attempt to install the GSM kit for the fan/esp mod today. Any install tips?(Besides making sure I have all the parts!! lol) Thanks in advance!
Solder the main feed wire to the high speed fan wire! throw out the little tap connector. Running close to 40 amps, you need this to be reliable.

Oh, and throw out most of the GSM stuff & put in decent parts. Using superior parts I used my fan all day when I ran those 100 + runs. Not a problem.

Goldengreek5
03-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Solder the main feed wire to the high speed fan wire! throw out the little tap connector. Running close to 40 amps, you need this to be reliable.

Oh, and throw out most of the GSM stuff & put in decent parts. Using superior parts I used my fan all day when I ran those 100 + runs. Not a problem.
Thanks? I think?

FastSRT8GC
03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
ESP, FAN, EDIFF

Does anyone have the EXACT location and the EXACT colors of these wire so we can start making this upgrade with a simple switch purchase and save us some money and time dealing with GSM.

I know you can just remove the fuse, not the answer i am looking 4.

BuilderBill
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
take some pics of the install if you can. I may do this mod too someday
I would recommend the following parts from http://www.wiringproducts.com/ to replace the GSM stuff:
R-50AT 50 amp relay with mounting tab $ 7.95
R-73570 Pre-wired relay socket $ 2.95
76750 Auto reset Mid-range 50 amp Circuit breaker $ 17.95
"Add a circuit" tap for the relay from the fuse panel (Pepboys)
GSM switch...seems to work ok.

GRNENVY
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah lets keep it simple. What we need is a wire diagram of the fan layout. We should be able to just tap into the ecu or where ever it gets it's signal from to turn the fan on and off. That would be just one wire to tap into. Which would be alot better then taping into the main fan wiring which runs a 40 or 50 amp fuse.

ESP, FAN, EDIFF

Does anyone have the EXACT location and the EXACT colors of these wire so we can start making this upgrade with a simple switch purchase and save us some money and time dealing with GSM.

I know you can just remove the fuse, not the answer i am looking 4.

Goldengreek5
03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
So, all in all, I finished in about 2 hours. (I had to wait a half hour to get a jack). The only thing is, I couldnt splice into the fan wire. It says the blue wire in the instructions, but I couldnt find a blue wire. I spliced into one that I thought was blue, but the plastic splice thing they include couldnt tap into the wire. I'm supposed to tap into it before the plug right??