Mopar performance? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Mopar performance?

UaeSRT
03-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Hi guys

I own a 2007 GC SRT8 iam planning to install Mopar cat back system and mopar air flow intake do u think its worth 2200$ , and eny good results from having these on ? eny HP gain ?

Thanks
Sam

FastSRT8GC
03-18-2007, 08:51 AM
This is just my opinion, I purchased through souther hot rod, A B&B cat back with a Volant Intake for 1200.00 THis is a very good deal. Plus Edwin at SHR
is an excellent person to deal with.

I believe this is the best HP combo. THe B&B has a x pipe incorporated in mid section to equal out the system and the whole unit is beautiful. Some have had problems MOST have not.

The Volant will definatly give you the best results, It is a fully inclosed unit like the stock box and will cut down on the HOT air intake,compared to the open units. Plus you can add a some tubing and make it a ram air using the factory brake scoop.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

OH and HP results in total i would not expect to see any more then 20HP from this combo, but it will set you up for future mods.

sprsonic
03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
i have just shy of 1300.00 in my mopar catback and mopar cold air intake, and completely love the sound. not too sure of the performance just yet, have not had much drive time with them. got these parts from my local dealership new. sweet prices. all you need is a chrysler employee in the family. all easy to install.

Mango
03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
$2200?!?! What the hell.

I purchased both my Mopar CAI and Corsa exhaust off ebay, together they came to $1300.

DO NOT buy the B&B Exhaust, it's pure junk in every sense of the word. Corsa offers NO Drone, incredible build quality and great sound.

AlexT
03-18-2007, 10:11 AM
DO NOT buy the B&B Exhaust, it's pure junk in every sense of the word. Corsa offers NO Drone, incredible build quality and great sound.

Have you owned a B&B? I'd hope so if you're going to call something "pure junk in every sense of the word."

I know that a couple of posters have complained of split weld seams and resulting poor customer service, but several of us have had no problems and love the sound and look.

Alex

Mango
03-18-2007, 10:17 AM
No I haven't owned one, however the numerous threads about TERRIBLE customer service and poor quality welds are enough to convince me. Not only have GC SRT8 owners had problems, but the LX guys as well.

AlexT
03-18-2007, 10:21 AM
No I haven't owned one, however the numerous threads about TERRIBLE customer service and poor quality welds are enough to convince me. Not only have GC SRT8 owners had problems, but the LX guys as well.

Not arguing with your opinion, but I think a definitive statement calling something pure junk in every sense of the word means more if it came from someone with first hand experience (like inferno :)).

Alex

Mango
03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I think he would agree with me.

I was a little harsh...maybe not pure junk in every sense of the word, how about "synthetic junk with a high probability of cracked welds"? Is that better?

AlexT
03-18-2007, 10:29 AM

I was a little harsh...maybe not pure junk in every sense of the word, how about "synthetic junk with a high probability of cracked welds"? Is that better?

Or even better: "incredibly sounding synthetic junk with a high probability of cracked welds".

Alex

SRT8
03-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Mopar/Corsa has an X-pipe as do most good cat-backs. Zoomers has a new system, but still a tad shy of Corsa IMO.

UaeSRT
03-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks Alex and mango the reason its 2200 is cuz it have a dealership warrenty for over than 30k Km and dont forget that its imported i live in dubai :) but still its a bit high but i hope such a combo will have a positive output, i dont wana struggle with sound and crap from the exhaust. I think i should research over B&B , seems like mango is lovin it :P .

Thanks guys again

Sam.

teda
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Not much better....And if you have read Inferno's points, he has stated that he liked the system and the tips very much....Just not the muffler welds cracking or the lousy customer service. In fact he kept the B&B tips, right?

Way too a definitive statement, Mango. Be interesting to see how many of us here actually have the B&B. Personally I like the deeper sound better, the tips better, and have had no issues with welds. For me, it is B&B all the way. I also don't like the fact that you can see the Corsa cans from behind the vehicle. That muffler location also makes it very diffucult for many hitch installs.

Just my 2 cents, but they work well for me, and I agree with Alex's take on your original post. It also does nothing to define to the original poster why you think they are junk.

Oh yeah, last thing...I have no drone unless I try to induce one at about 1500 rpms, in a particular gear at a specific speed.

Corsa/Mopar makes an excellent product, but they ain't the only game in town. :D :D

candyman
03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Lovin' my B&Bs. No problems, great sound and fit, and I like the look of the system.

FastSRT8GC
03-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I love my B&B also. Tips are the best, sound is deep.

Krush
03-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I also don't like the fact that you can see the Corsa cans from behind the vehicle. That muffler location also makes it very difficult for many hitch installs.

Wow, I never noticed you could see the cans on the Corsa system before. Now I had to get down on my knees and bend down till my head was below the bumper to see them, but once I got all the way down there, sure enough there they were. (that was sarcasm if ya missed it)

Sam, the Corsa system looks and sounds great, and the BB system also looks and sounds great. I have the Corsa, and can attest to it being solid, well built, and awesome sounding. It has been said that the Corsa system interferes with the hitch package, so if you want a hitch you should take that into account. I've seen the BB system, it sounds great, and over the years I have heard a lot more good things about BB than bad. As far as HP gains, I can't imagine that there would much difference between the systems. It's the sound that's going to have the biggest impact on you, so I would checkout the audio clips and let them guide you.

teda
03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, I never noticed you could see the cans on the Corsa system before. Now I had to get down on my knees and bend down till my head was below the bumper to see them, but once I got all the way down there, sure enough there they were. (that was sarcasm if ya missed it)

Sam, the Corsa system looks and sounds great, and the BB system also looks and sounds great. I have the Corsa, and can attest to it being solid, well built, and awesome sounding. It has been said that the Corsa system interferes with the hitch package, so if you want a hitch you should take that into account. I've seen the BB system, it sounds great, and over the years I have heard a lot more good things about BB than bad. As far as HP gains, I can't imagine that there would much difference between the systems. It's the sound that's going to have the biggest impact on you, so I would checkout the audio clips and let them guide you.

No sarcasm intended here either. I was referring to their appearance when standing several feet behind the vehicle, or following the Jeep. As in the attached picture, perhaps taken by a midget, but I don't think by someone on their knees while bending their head. My point being B&B's, as oem resonators are tucked up out of sight.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=461&d=1159070356

Krush
03-18-2007, 10:09 PM
No sarcasm intended here either. I was referring to their appearance when standing several feet behind the vehicle, or following the Jeep. As in the attached picture, perhaps taken by a midget, but I don't think by someone on their knees while bending their head. My point being B&B's, as oem resonators are tucked up out of sight.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=461&d=1159070356

That pic is taken at bumper level, and you have to get down there to see the cans. For me, that's on my knees and bending over (I'm 6'-5"). Standing 15' behind my Jeep, you can't see the cans, in fact you really have to be looking for them to see them at any distance. At the very least, it shouldn't be seen as a negative, on what I consider a great Corsa exhaust system. Just as a few bad welds shouldn't cloud years of great BB exhaust systems.

FFSP
03-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Got the corsa on mine. Sounds awesome. Took about (2) hours to install by myself, laying on my back. Very well put together kit.