"Finally" The New Heads and Intake [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: "Finally" The New Heads and Intake

SRTJeep
03-11-2007, 11:35 PM
The very first set of highly modified cylinder heads and modified intake are being tested now on a Fla Magnum Vehicle. The power off idle is awesome right up to red line! 80 to 140 mph pulls are also real strong. The old AG Version TCM is hindering performance some but that will be changed to the latest version. These aren't a 6.1 head but a highly modified late model Mopar head. They are designed to enhance the factory tune by improving the port velocity off idle and right up to red line. No trouble codes from this change and this vehicle has only a 3" Cat back exhaust in addition to the heads. I actually saw these heads and intake at the designer's ****** before they were shipped to Fla. The time slip will tell all? More Later. Gene

GotStroke?
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Gene,
What's done to the intake, porting, shortening? What kind of tests will the customer perform? Both dyno and track?

Black_SRT8
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Good news, Gene. Please keep us posted...

SRTJeep
03-13-2007, 06:46 AM
The intake is modified stock one and made to fit the head port. Runner lengths are about the same but highly modified to enhance Velocity but also Flow. The beauty of these are the stock headers flow enough to not hinder them at all, plus stock Cats. No CEL codes but just Gut Wrenching Power! Enhances DCX Tune! Also the stock PCM does work with these. Gene PS. The TCM also controls a lot of performance as it controls timing and when it happens, source; Star Scan!

gculver
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
So, Slightly worked intake. The heads are a new cast? Rumor has it that a major manufacter is working on heads and intake. Gene, keep us up to date.

SRTJeep
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I spoke today to Jim in Fla. and he is so far real happy with the performance gains but plans to test his Magnum at the strip soon. Traction is now a problem but I hear MT is coming out with 18" DR Tires in several widths that will help that, maybe? I'll post any furthur news and flow numbers as soon as possible. Gene

BuilderBill
03-14-2007, 04:57 AM
I spoke today to Jim in Fla. and he is so far real happy with the performance gains but plans to test his Magnum at the strip soon. Traction is now a problem but I hear MT is coming out with 18" DR Tires in several widths that will help that, maybe? I'll post any furthur news and flow numbers as soon as possible. Gene
I should have a set of drag radials within a week or so. The performance shop in Charlotte that will do my supercharger install is helping out with the drag radial / wheel combo since the vendors on our site could not help me. I will share the tire / wheel info as soon as they arrive for the trial install.
Bill

SRTJeep
03-17-2007, 11:20 PM
The latest news is it revs to 6400 easy off idle, tires are blown away. The power band is awesome through-out the rpm band. A drag strip run is coming this week if possible. The heads are called "Pro-Stock Performance" and sold exclusively through the "FASTMAN" No down sides from these heads and intake just raw performance! Mickey Thompson will have their DR out in 18" size soon. I'll keep you posted. Gene:D

slow91
03-18-2007, 10:44 AM
BFG already makes a 18" DR, right??? :confused: ...or am I misunderstanding about the size that fits our GC's??

GotStroke?
03-18-2007, 10:46 AM
BFG already makes a 18" DR, right??? :confused: ...or am I misunderstanding about the size that fits our GC's??

So does Nitto fwiw.

SRT8
03-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Is this the place?
http://www.thefastman.com/index.asp

gculver
03-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Is this the place?
http://www.thefastman.com/index.asp
I believe it is. Seems old school, but most often than not, thats the best school, IMO. :D

StageFright
03-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Where are the dyno or 1/4 mile numbers.

fledda
03-18-2007, 12:15 PM
FASTMAN is good. I have a Durango and bought the throttle body from him and it woke the Durango up.

GotStroke?
03-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I just want to know what kind of heads are being used.

gculver
03-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I just want to know what kind of heads are being used.
Me too, I guess we'll find out eventually.:mad:

SRTJeep
03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll post soon but these aren't a 6.1 head. He calls them junk! Wrong port shape, sluggish port velocity, porting these only enhances a poor port design. These start performing right off idle and pulls right up to red line. Another result is some additional mileage but the best news is no codes or gimmick devices to make other products work. Yes, this is the guy's web site and that Ram P/U will have a killer Mopar Racing Block and heads to match. He does port Mopar TBs. Will he port a 6.1 TB? Good question and I asked for a manual throttle cable instead of the throttle by wire? It's possible, maybe there own SC could be coming? More Later. Gene

SRT8
03-19-2007, 03:16 PM
They must be ported 5.7L heads?

SRTJeep
03-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I won't comment furthur as I've been asked not to. Any specific questions can be found through "FASTMAN". I'll be posting the first vehicles test as stated. Is he a Mopar Guy? He owns several Mopar Product Vehicles plus his Pro-Stock Truck that's under construction. I've been to his shop and saw some of his projects plus the 6.1 Pro-Stock Heads and Intake. More Later. Gene PS. I'll share all when given permission, track times, flow numbers, some details will be coming on his Web Site, Soon.

HoustonSRT-8
03-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Good question and I asked for a manual throttle cable instead of the throttle by wire?

I would love a cable throttle instead of this electronic junk. :p

BuilderBill
03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I would love a cable throttle instead of this electronic junk. :p
I believe we all would, however, it is most likely a difficult conversion.

SRTJeep
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
"Fast" make a conversion for the LS Engines. Tricking the PCM would be the only problem and that could be worked out too. Results would be tire smoking shifts. The stock tune in the PCM only opens the TB 77%. "Arizona Speed and Marine" has a switch that bypasses the Torque Management and does the same thing, 100% TB movement and doesn't eliminate the antilock or set codes. The performance results on the heads and intake will be coming soon. (not my vehicle but a Maggie in Fla.) He is working on some tuning before blasting it at the Drag Strip, no dyno pulls from him though, his choice. Gene