New Zoomers exhaust impressions [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: New Zoomers exhaust impressions

sanscritt
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Well I just got back from Florida (Indiana to Florida) with the new and improved Zoomers.

First off this is a beautiful exhaust. I had Midas install it. Took them longer to unpack the system (well protected for shipment) then it did to install it. only $80 and well worth it.

There is noticeable drone over stock, but nothing like I expected. After the first hour or so on the road neither my wife nor I noticed it anymore.

Sound is awesome! I find myself manually shifting more just to hear it:)

For me it is perfect. I can't compare it to the previous, but I am very pleased so far and would recommend it anyone that wants a louder than stock exhaust with minimal in cabin drone.

-Jerry

kramsay1234
03-07-2007, 06:53 AM
May I be the first to ask for pics please...!!!
________
C70 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_C70)

aperformance
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah we want to see some pics and sound clips...

In the mean time here are some off the vehicle:

generalconfusion
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Well I just got back from Florida (Indiana to Florida) with the new and improved Zoomers.

There is noticeable drone over stock, but nothing like I expected. After the first hour or so on the road neither my wife nor I noticed it anymore.

For me it is perfect. I can't compare it to the previous, but I am very pleased so far and would recommend it anyone that wants a louder than stock exhaust with minimal in cabin drone.

-Jerry

Why should any one put up with ANY drone. Is that suppossed to be a plus.....after a while you "get used to it"??? I could get used to having my nails pulled out with pliers.......doesnt mean its an experience I want to endure!

AlexT
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Why should any one put up with ANY drone.

Agreed. Plus it's only going to get louder as an exhaust ages a bit.

Alex

GodfatherSRT8
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Agreed. I have the old zoomers and at higher speeds the drone is very annoying. I will have to swap out to another system this summer. Since B&B is out, I guess Mopar/Corsa it is.

sanscritt
03-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I will get pics and sound clips this weekend.
As for the drone it is much less than expected. I am very pleased with it overall.
I am assuming by the replies that the mopar/corsa has zero drone over stock? That's really good if that's the case.

AlexT
03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I will get pics and sound clips this weekend.
As for the drone it is much less than expected. I am very pleased with it overall.
I am assuming by the replies that the mopar/corsa has zero drone over stock? That's really good if that's the case.

From what everyone reports the drone chart has corsa < b&b < zoomers.

Alex

srt8 for me
03-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Mopar/Corsa has NO DRONE and ACTUALLY makes real horsepower and torque...that is the fact and case!!...should have done your homework!!!

tanks for the info

sanscritt
03-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Mopar/Corsa has NO DRONE and ACTUALLY makes real horsepower and torque...that is the fact and case!!...should have done your homework!!!

Thank for that:)
NO oooppss there though. I am very pleased with it so far and will keep everyone that is interested updated.

-Jerry

aperformance
03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Jerry, Glad your pleased with your new Zoomers system. Don't pay attention to the critics everyone has there own opinion...:D

NighT ProWLeR
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I had the new Zoomers system installed Monday, and I wanted to allow proper time for the new system to "settle" and adjust before posting. First and foremost, the drone has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced and is really only noticable around 2000 rpm. The drone cannot be heard at any other RPM as far as I can tell. Overall, I am very satisfied with the less obnoxious drone and overall sound of the system. I have always enjoyed the throaty roar of this system and it was unaffected. This system is an IMPROVEMENT to the previous set-up as I have owned both. Moreover, the service from Zoomers is second to none. I live about and hour away from their shop and decided to stop and have some work done while I was in the area on business. Ron offered me the keys to his OWN truck for the day so I would not be without a vehicle. I respectfully declined as I had already made arrangements, but I had difficulty making it back to the shop before closing hours. Frank offered to say AFTER business hours to ensure delivery of my vehicle. I ended up having to have them leave my keys in a hidden location, but the point is they went above and beyond my expectations. I only mention this last bit, as I am all too well aware of the poor attitudes and overall lack of customer service the majority of our supporting vendors display. Thank you for all of your help and a pleasant experience. I WILL do business with you gentlemen in the future.
~Prowler

HEMEEE
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/HEMEEE/Forum%20Graphics/Thread-Crapping.jpg

The original poster of a thread sets the topic and tone with the first post.
That post in THIS thread is a positive one. The OP was sharing his experience with his new purchase and expressed that he is happy.
Typically a member will post something like this in anticipation of some supportive feedback in return, and to offer info to others with interest; NOT with the expectation of fellow members using his thread for their own agenda, putting him on the defensive and telling him what a lousy choice he made, especially when it was HIS choice to make, he's already made it, and he did not ask for opinions.

Once again the nay-sayers have descended to turn this into something it was never intended to be... that is thread-crapping, pure and simple.

When the same member posts the same negative comments in every thread he can find about the same topic, that thread-crapping goes beyond rudeness and escalates to harassment - it will NOT be tolerated! If I have just described YOU, take heed - final warning.

Back on topic - STAY on topic:

sanscritt- our apologies for the negative thread turn and using your thread as an example!!
Congrats on your new Zoomers, and it's good to hear you're a satisfied customer. I have just purchased another Zoomers system, this time for my 300C SRT8... my 4th vehicle with Zoomers.

NighT ProWLeR- you're dead on about the customer service, they are absolutely top notch in that department and, besides a great product, that is a large part of what has made me a repeat customer.

teda
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/HEMEEE/Forum%20Graphics/Thread-Crapping.jpg

That post in THIS thread is a positive one. The OP was sharing his experience with his new purchase and expressed that he is happy.
Typically a member will post something like this in anticipation of some supportive feedback in return, and to offer info to others with interest; NOT with the expectation of fellow members using his thread for their own agenda, putting him on the defensive and telling him what a lousy choice he made, especially when it was HIS choice to make, he's already made it, and he did not ask for opinions.

Once again the nay-sayers have descended to turn this into something it was never intended to be... that is thread-crapping, pure and simple.

When the same member posts the same negative comments in every thread he can find about the same topic, that thread-crapping goes beyond rudeness and escalates to harassment - it will NOT be tolerated! If I have just described YOU, take heed - final warning.

sanscritt- our apologies for the negative thread turn and using your thread as an example!!
Congrats on your new Zoomers, and it's good to hear you're a satisfied customer. I have just purchased another Zoomers system, this time for my 300C SRT8... my 4th vehicle with Zoomers.

NighT ProWLeR- you're dead on about the customer service, they are absolutely top notch in that department and, besides a great product, that is a large part of what has made me a repeat customer.

HEMEEE....Excellent post, and absolutely right on. It has become tiresome reading some of the posts regarding exhaust preferences, cracked welds, etc.
Particularly when those posts, such as Sanscritt's are simply offering up an honest opinion he wants to share. To me, the ones to which I am sure you are referring, are demeaning, disrespectful, and add nothing to the mix.

I wish your post could be mandatory reading or a sticky. Thanks for your input.

generalconfusion
03-10-2007, 06:12 AM

HEMEE you are right and I apologize for not approaching this subject in a more sensitive, politically correct manner and for thread crapping in another members thread. It is a positive thing, that at least two (2) members with SRT8 JEEPS have had a good experience. I see that Sanscrit and Night Prowler are very happy with Zoomers and I congratulate them. I negatively, expresed factual experience (since my Jeep was the original Zoomers tooling mule in March 2006) and those of the many, many other JEEP SRT8 owners not so fortunate and experience not so positive. Many SRT8 JEEP owners removed their Zoomers due to the loud resonance/drone issue, lack of quality and performance, and after a year it looks like Zoomers addressed some of those issues.....good for them!!

Maybe..... now that the customer service and the Jeep SRT8 design has evolved some of the members could get their version 1 systems returned or modified, that would be a tremendous positive step. Again, apologize for thread crapping to Sanscrit, its great to see that Zoomers learned from the first go around, we have two happy owners, and the other early Jeep members from the first experience might see some of that great customer service. I will pass this positive news to the others:D

Regards

sanscritt
03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5g7g_sNV6k

Video of start and rev. I will try to get one of driving away.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/sanscritt/CIMG0196.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/sanscritt/CIMG0195.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/sanscritt/CIMG0197.jpg

They aren't great pics, but will do for now. I will try to get better ones along with another vid later.

-Jerry