Magnaflow Mufflers Replaced The cracked B&B's [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Magnaflow Mufflers Replaced The cracked B&B's

Inferno SRT8
02-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Here are my 2 NEW Magnaflow mufflers installed with the Brake and Burn Tips still on because hey I like paying $1100 for tips and crap mufflers that last 4 months.

Anyway how do they sound you ask? HOLY FU**ING SH*T! Deeper more throatier then the Break and Burn mufflers, and we cut a B&B muffler open, I must say this, what a piece of CRAP the B&B mufflers are inside, a huge screen that is shaped into baffles, I guess thats what they call there anti drone technology. The Magnaflows are WIDE OPEN you can see right thru unlike the B&B mufflers. Drone? NONE! It has changed the exhaust note to VERY THROATY and out rite mean, it was before but now its MUCH better.

I recommend anyone that has a B&B system if your mufflers crack dont bother sending them back it will cost you what I payed for the mufflers and install to get these babys put on. Now I know why have prefered Borla or Magnaflow to all others.

I asked my muffler guy about B&B and he says to me, what you dont know about B&B there notorious for cracks etc. Then he procedes to show me a pic of a Porsche that had a Brake and Burn muffler system on it that exploded at the track and set the rear bumper on fire, they guy came to him to have the break and burn system removd and get a custom one re done.

Pics can be found here: http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=6662

Sheri'SRT8
02-24-2007, 03:43 PM
How much louder is the Magnaflow system then, say, stock??
How is it inside the cabin?

ge2
02-24-2007, 04:03 PM
I can't speak for Inferno's setup, because his is custom, but I have the magaflow catback kit, and absolutely love it. I don't know that it'd necessarily louder than stock, but it definitely sounds different. It's very throaty, and rumbly, compared to the stock setup.

Inferno SRT8
02-24-2007, 04:10 PM
How much louder is the Magnaflow system then, say, stock??
How is it inside the cabin?

No Drone at all, it is louder then stock but it has a very throaty intimidating rumbe to it, it has the very distinctive Magnaflow sound. MEAN!!!!

FastSRT8GC
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Sound clips please. You are making me second guess my custom built B&B that i still am waiting for....this week is week 3. Also did you take any photos of the cut open B&B?????

Thanks

Sheri'SRT8
02-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I have MF mufflers on our Mustang and it definitely sounds good, so I'm good with the brand. I have to keep remembering that it is Sheri's SRT8, so it can't be too loud inside.

What's the feeling about the noise transmitted to the cabin?

ge2
02-24-2007, 04:37 PM
SOUND CLIP (http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/trucksound/jeepsrt8.html)

Sheri'SRT8
02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the link...I have been there before, but it's too bad they don't have an inside the vehicle clip.

I have a pretty good line on the MF with respect to pricing, and they look easy to install, perhaps I'll just go for it.

Inferno SRT8
02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the link...I have been there before, but it's too bad they don't have an inside the vehicle clip.

I have a pretty good line on the MF with respect to pricing, and they look easy to install, perhaps I'll just go for it.

Ok now that is the Magnaflow system with a main muffler, no X pipe and twin resonator mufflers on the tail pipes, minus the main muffler and add the X pipe and you get mine, Magnaflow sound with BITE!!! Even throatier then the sound clip.

Hallstar
02-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Tony...
Any difference in Seat of Pants or it feels the same...I love the sound and with the headers it must be sick!!! Also any longterm issue with the Kooks yet and where are they located...I'm in Md. and would love to have them install them for me!!!!
Thank You..
Wayne

MjrCarNut
02-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok now that is the Magnaflow system with a main muffler, no X pipe and twin resonator mufflers on the tail pipes, minus the main muffler and add the X pipe and you get mine, Magnaflow sound with BITE!!! Even throatier then the sound clip.

Exactly what I was thinking, I think were all curious how your sounds with all your Mods you’ve done to it!
If you could set up some sounds of that beauty would be great!
Still looking awesome!:D

Inferno SRT8
02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Ill have some this weekend for you guys.

whiskey
02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Do you have any under body shots to show what this install looks like, tucked way up underneath your GC?

Edit... Made the jump, saw the pics. Looks great!

tommy25000
02-27-2007, 12:45 AM
i just installed the magnflow exaust. sound great! looks great! for extremely cheep exhaust go to hottexhaust.com. super fast shipping great customer service. a+++ hoe this helps. instal was no problem. 1-2hours max.
to answer a question not too loud... sounds very mean. i would use the word tuned BIG BLOCK to describe the noise it produces

SOUTHERNHOTROD
02-27-2007, 06:13 PM
If anyone wants a Magnaflow CatBack, give me a call. I can give yall a GREAT deal!