B&B Install Problem [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: B&B Install Problem

MARK16
02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Just had a call from my garage, they are having big problems with the tail pipe alignment. (See attached photo's). Thev'e taken it off several times and re-fitted it but still on is shorter then the other pipe !!

Any suggestions ? (this is a UK spec SRT-8)

AlexT
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Just had a call from my garage, they are having big problems with the tail pipe alignment. (See attached photo's). Thev'e taken it off several times and re-fitted it but still on is shorter then the other pipe !!

I got mine closer then yours, although a real anal OCD person could prolly have issues with mine.

I got that final adjustment by rotating the mufflers themselves left or right.

Even without that, there's enough room in each joint between the 3 sections to move your short one out a bit before clamping it.

Alex

oman srt8
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
hi i got my car today i install the b&b it fit good no problem with any thing

whiskey
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
can you trim the parts on the longer unit at all?

mike123
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
They can't be pushed in anymore mine is flush with the top edge of the bumper very similar to stock

MARK16
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks for all the tips (B&B also responded with similar tips). Finally got it back into the garage and they loosened all the clamps pulled,pushed and twisted until they got the desired alignment.

Took it out and it sounds great (not too loud). I also have a drop in K&N and the throttle response is great. I'm taking it out on track at the end of the week - lets see how she repsonds. (Garage guys couldn't see the point in disconnection of the battery)

SOUTHERNHOTROD
02-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for all the tips (B&B also responded with similar tips). Finally got it back into the garage and they loosened all the clamps pulled,pushed and twisted until they got the desired alignment.

Took it out and it sounds great (not too loud). I also have a drop in K&N and the throttle response is great. I'm taking it out on track at the end of the week - lets see how she repsonds. (Garage guys couldn't see the point in disconnection of the battery)
I just got back from vacation. I am glag you got it fitting correctly.

I'm glad you like it!

generalconfusion
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM

.........install a Mopar exhaust?????

MARK16
02-24-2007, 10:25 AM
.........install a Mopar exhaust?????
It's not the exhaust that's the problem its the monkies.