B&B Install Problem [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: B&B Install Problem

MARK16
02-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Just had a call from my ******, they are having big problems with the tail pipe alignment. (See attached photo's). Thev'e taken it off several times and re-fitted it but still on is shorter then the other pipe !!

Any suggestions ? (this is a UK spec SRT-8)

AlexT
02-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Just had a call from my ******, they are having big problems with the tail pipe alignment. (See attached photo's). Thev'e taken it off several times and re-fitted it but still on is shorter then the other pipe !!

I got mine closer then yours, although a real anal OCD person could prolly have issues with mine.

I got that final adjustment by rotating the mufflers themselves left or right.

Even without that, there's enough room in each joint between the 3 sections to move your short one out a bit before clamping it.

Alex

oman srt8
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
hi i got my car today i install the b&b it fit good no problem with any thing

whiskey
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
can you trim the parts on the longer unit at all?

mike123
02-20-2007, 02:42 PM
They can't be pushed in anymore mine is flush with the top edge of the bumper very similar to stock

MARK16
02-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the tips (B&B also responded with similar tips). Finally got it back into the ****** and they loosened all the clamps pulled,pushed and twisted until they got the desired alignment.

Took it out and it sounds great (not too loud). I also have a drop in K&N and the throttle response is great. I'm taking it out on track at the end of the week - lets see how she repsonds. (****** guys couldn't see the point in disconnection of the battery)

SOUTHERNHOTROD
02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the tips (B&B also responded with similar tips). Finally got it back into the ****** and they loosened all the clamps pulled,pushed and twisted until they got the desired alignment.

Took it out and it sounds great (not too loud). I also have a drop in K&N and the throttle response is great. I'm taking it out on track at the end of the week - lets see how she repsonds. (****** guys couldn't see the point in disconnection of the battery)
I just got back from vacation. I am glag you got it fitting correctly.

I'm glad you like it!

generalconfusion
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM

.........install a Mopar exhaust?????

MARK16
02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
.........install a Mopar exhaust?????
It's not the exhaust that's the problem its the monkies.