B&B Install [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: B&B Install

AlexT
02-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Boy, I hope this split seam issue is just with a certain run of these exhausts.

I installed the B&B yesterday. It took all of 20 minutes for removal and install. The tone is perfect for me. Nice and bassy at the low rpm end with a cracked throttle, along with a tuned scream when it's winding out. At low throttle applications, it's relatively quiet but you know it's there. And it sounds great under acceleration from the outside. Teda, as you said, it's more noticeable than stock, but in normal driving it never really overwhelms you. Your advice was perfect. Thanks.

I'm figuring it'll get louder as it seasons. How much louder will determine whether I got back and add the "quiet" option. Right now, it's just about perfect for me.

Alex

teda
02-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Boy, I hope this split seam issue is just with a certain run of these exhausts.

I installed the B&B yesterday. It took all of 20 minutes for removal and install. The tone is perfect for me. Nice and bassy at the low rpm end with a cracked throttle, along with a tuned scream when it's winding out. At low throttle applications, it's relatively quiet but you know it's there. And it sounds great under acceleration from the outside. Teda, as you said, it's more noticeable than stock, but in normal driving it never really overwhelms you. Your advice was perfect. Thanks.

I'm figuring it'll get louder as it seasons. How much louder will determine whether I got back and add the "quiet" option. Right now, it's just about perfect for me.

Alex

Alex.....All right, man, they are on! Glad you like them. I have about 8,000 with mine on now (I think). They do get a bit deeper in sound as they "age", but in a good way according to my ears. Damp wipe them every so often and they look brand new.

Was just in the ****** torquing (sp) down the M shoes with my new PS2's, getting ready for a little Sunday fun and "tire break in" run. Threw a fast coat of Zaino on the Jeep, and crawled under it to check B&B welds. So far so good, no issues. If anything develops I'll be sure to post it.

Enjoy, Later,
T.

FastSRT8GC
02-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Good to hear the install was easy and sound is good. Mine is being fabricated and should be shipped this week.... CANT WAIT!!!!! Get a video up so we can all here it! I will as soon as i get mine on.

oman srt8
02-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I Get My B&b Today Tommoro I Will Fix It .

kramsay1234
02-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Congrats Alex. And good to hear that it is just a deep bass sound and not a drone that would be considered irritating. Sure our tastes, along with Teda's are similar so now I know I can go ahead, providing it works with my planned custom hitch.

Sound clip w/b nice...
________
BOX VAPORIZER (http://boxvaporizers.com)

AlexT
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrats Alex. And good to hear that it is just a deep bass sound and not a drone that would be considered irritating. Sure our tastes, along with Teda's are similar so now I know I can go ahead, providing it works with my planned custom hitch.

Sound clip w/b nice...

My video camera is having issues, but I'm sure it would sound just like the clip on B&B's website.

A slight revision as I've driven it today re: drone. There is a point at 1500 rpm in 5th gear that, if I've got a specific small amount of throttle, can produce something similar to a bit of drone but it goes away by dropping it down into 4th (which IMO is where the tranny should have been anyway). Not enough to change my opinion at all.

I also determined today that this exhaust is yet another reason for the remote starter. Get to listen to it as I'm walking up. :p

Alex

kramsay1234
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
What I really should do is take a ride to Maryland - have Hallstar tint my windows and go for a ride in Alex's truck with the B&B. That should justify the 14 hour drive. How is the weather there right now? Anything happening at Ocean City other than ice skating?
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

AlexT
02-18-2007, 07:30 PM
What I really should do is take a ride to Maryland - have Hallstar tint my windows and go for a ride in Alex's truck with the B&B. That should justify the 14 hour drive. How is the weather there right now? Anything happening at Ocean City other than ice skating?

The weather right now sucks. But give it a couple months and I'll take you for a run in the boat out on the Chesapeake. :D

Alex