New and Improved Zoomers Exhaust [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: New and Improved Zoomers Exhaust

aperformance
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
We've added a few things on our JEEP GC SRT8 cat-back and we'll be offering a tamer version. The main additions are, we've installed 2 resonators in the rear pipes and added 3" to the length of the mufflers. Also the internal perforation of the muffler is smaller allowing for more ceramic packing while still allowing for expansion in our patented design.

Making these changes has considerably tone things down, especially the inside cabin resonance. While this systems sound is what you'd expect from Zoomers it no longer has the drone issues for the daily driver.

I have 2 systems priced at $899.00 (Shipping is free) equipped with these changes. If you're interested in purchasing please post here and send me a PM. Your reviews are encouraged and I'm looking forward to the feed back.

Retail on this system is $1299.00

jlandbl
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I have 2 systems priced at $899.00 (Shipping is free) equipped with these changes.

Are there 2 different systems to choose from or do you only have 2 available at that price?

aperformance
02-15-2007, 04:59 PM
We just have two at this price of $899.00.

Ron 866-4Zoomers

Hallstar
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Are the systems still a lot lighter than the stock stuff...I have B&B now but am having clearance issues...Train Horn and big mufflers do not mesh well...pm me some picks and if it looks good I'm in!!!
Hallstar Tint& Detail!!!

NighT ProWLeR
02-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Where is the incentive for your already loyal customers? Any fix for existing systems? Or do those of us who purchased the cat-back have to deal with the drawbacks of a product that was rushed to market with poor R & D? I only make these assumptions bc the "fix" would not be necessary if the product had been designed correctly to begin with. The drone is unbearable at times and I do not feel it is "good business" to simply introduce a new product without making some kind of amends for your intial, faulty system.

aperformance
02-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Are the systems still a lot lighter than the stock stuff...I have B&B now but am having clearance issues...Train Horn and big mufflers do not mesh well...pm me some picks and if it looks good I'm in!!!
Hallstar Tint& Detail!!!

Yes the systems are a lot lighter than stock and we only added the weight of the resonators to the new system which is less than 3LBS. I'll get some photos up later today...Thanks, Ron

aperformance
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Where is the incentive for your already loyal customers? Any fix for existing systems? Or do those of us who purchased the cat-back have to deal with the drawbacks of a product that was rushed to market with poor R & D? I only make these assumptions bc the "fix" would not be necessary if the product had been designed correctly to begin with. The drone is unbearable at times and I do not feel it is "good business" to simply introduce a new product without making some kind of amends for your intial, faulty system.

The original system is not faulty, yes they may be a bit loud at times and with the changes mentioned we've been able to tone things down to make it more acceptable to the masses. The original system is still available for thoughs who want and like it loud. We are constantly improving our systems and adding options, for example we've recently tested larger resonators for our Corvette system to help with drone issues on the Automatic trans only cars. All aftermarket systems for these Auto Trans Vette’s suffers from similar droning but it doesn't mean they are faulty. We will offer an manual and auto system for the Vette a sport and touring version if you will...and we will offer the same for the Jeep. I sent you a PM to perhaps figure a way we can help with your situation.

mabosc223
02-16-2007, 01:06 PM
The original system is not faulty, yes they may be a bit loud at times and with the changes mentioned we've been able to tone things down to make it more acceptable to the masses. The original system is still available for thoughs who want and like it loud. We are constantly improving our systems and adding options, for example we've recently tested larger resonators for our Corvette system to help with drone issues on the Automatic trans only cars. All aftermarket systems for these Auto Trans Vette’s suffers from similar droning but it doesn't mean they are faulty. We will offer an manual and auto system for the Vette a sport and touring version if you will...and we will offer the same for the Jeep. I sent you a PM to perhaps figure a way we can help with your situation.

I give you guys alot of props for coming on here and admitting that your initial system was not perfect, however you guys keep on improving on your existing product(s) like most manufacturers. Hopefully your new System will please the masses and get rid of that nasty thing called Drone. You can't always please everybody, people wanted an exhaust system a year ago and you guys were one of the first mfg's out there to market a system for us. I wish more Mfg.'s would take a look at the Jeep SRT8. But most are amused with other useless vehicles. JMTC.

sanscritt
02-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I would be interested in trying one.

ocsrt8
02-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey fellow members, FYI. I originally bought the Zoomers exaust when it first came out. Obviously I was excited about the new system and the drone really didnt bother me(wife hated it!!!) But then after a couple of months the excitment was gone and the drone was very noticible. I was going to take a $1200.00 hit and put the Stock system back on but decided to call Ron at Zoomers to see if there was anything he could do. I lucked out because the NEW!! system (I got the proto-type) he is making now has been on my bad boy for 4 months and I love it. The system still gives you that throaty sound but there is at least a 40% diffrence with the drone. Even the wife noticed that the cabin noise was down. Ron really wanted to put a better system together and I think he did a great job. Just to let you know I dont have any connections with Zoomers just a SRT lover who was taken care of with no hastles. Thanks Ron

sanscritt
02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Well I have one of the 2 on the way and will post my feedback when I get it installed and drive for awhile. I will be going to Florida (from Indiana) the end of the month and may have the exhaust installed by then so should have good feedback to post.

-Jerry

Hallstar
02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Sanscritt,
Let me know what you think...Very interested...I like the weight thing!!!

aperformance
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Photo of the new system...

zacincceo
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Still avaliable? I'd be interested in taking one......

pm me.
-Zac

aperformance
02-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Still avaliable? I'd be interested in taking one......

pm me.
-Zac

Yes I have one left at the $899.00 price, please give me a call to place your order and I'll get it out to you...Ron 866-4ZOOMERS

whiskey
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I would love to hear this system in person. Anybody in the DC area have this system installed?

generalconfusion
02-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Thats great......but what about all the used ones for sale around???

Stick with what works guys.....the Mopar exhaust is a no brainer...it has proved dynoed and track power increases......sounds flat nasty and fits the truck like a glove.

You'll be sorry when your back at the muffler shop having it torched off......and it's sitting in the corner of the garage looking at you everytime you open the door!!