Cam install in Dallas, Texas [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Cam install in Dallas, Texas

Grip Grip
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Anyone here from the Dallas, TX area know of a reputable/professional shop to have a cam installed?

Thanks,

Anthony

TXBLU
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Terry Cole At Performance Research in Duncanville. His phone number is (214) 923-0045. He's been doing performance tuning, engine work, and transmission work for quite a while. He did the tuning for my Lightning before I bought the SRT. He's really good. Tell him Eric from TALON sent you.

Grip Grip
02-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Terry Cole At Performance Research in Duncanville. His phone number is (214) 923-0045. He's been doing performance tuning, engine work, and transmission work for quite a while. He did the tuning for my Lightning before I bought the SRT. He's really good. Tell him Eric from TALON sent you.

Thanks for the lead, but Terry just told me he doesn't work on Mopar. :(

gculver
02-12-2007, 09:39 AM
A litte out of the way, but try the HEMI shop outside north austin, talk to scott. Maybe he can point you to someone in the dallas area.

TXBLU
02-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the lead, but Terry just told me he doesn't work on Mopar. :(

I'll have to stop by and have a word with him. He told me he was dying to get his hands on one of our Jeeps.

Maybe he just wanted to drive one!!!:eek:

Grip Grip
02-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the leads, but it looks like I'm gonna just have to take a roadtrip down to Dynamic Racing to pick them up them up to SLC, Utah for the install. By the way, I just hit 31K miles on the Jeep!

Grip Grip
02-18-2007, 09:37 AM
A litte out of the way, but try the HEMI shop outside north austin, talk to scott. Maybe he can point you to someone in the dallas area.

I spoke to Scott at the Hemi Shop last week and I'd like his shop to do the install, but my plans have changed again--part due to work and part due to my own indecisiveness.

I was considering adding a 268 cam to my previously installed Heat Heads to see if the cam would wake things up a bit, but yesterday with a DA of 200' I could only muster a 13.1 @ 102! That's ridiculous for having ported/polished heads, mopar catback, and mopar CAI!!!!!!!! I need to get these Heat Heads off of my engine. I feel like they are infecting the rest of the engine and before long I'll be the only JGC SRT8 in the 15's :eek: I'm not going to waste my money on R&D for Heat Performance, they can do their own.

Anyway, I've pulled the trigger on a set of Dynamic Racing heads, Comp 268 cam, and Kooks headers. I already have possession of the cam and headers, and I'm driving down to DR and pick up the heads on the 26th. Then I'll divert north to SLC, Utah where I have an appointment to have a Chrysler 5-star dealership do the install on March 6th.

In Utah the local drag strip is located 7 miles from my hotel, but it's at 4400 feet elevation! I think after the install I would be lucky to pull mid 13's running up there in the clouds but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Anthony

BuilderBill
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I spoke to Scott at the Hemi Shop last week and I'd like his shop to do the install, but my plans have changed again--part due to work and part due to my own indecisiveness.

I was considering adding a 268 cam to my previously installed Heat Heads to see if I would wake things up a bit, but yesterday with a DA of 200' I could only muster a 13.1 @ 102! That's ridiculous for having ported/polished heads. I need to get these Heat Heads off of my engine. I feel like they are infecting the rest of the engine and before long I'll be the only JGC SRT8 in the 15's if I don't get them off! :eek: I'm not going to waste my money on R&D for Heat Performance, they can do their own.

Anyway, I've pulled the trigger on a set of Dynamic Racing heads, Comp 268 cam, and Kooks headers. I already have possession of the cam and headers, and I'm driving down to DR and pick up the heads on the 26th. Then I'll divert north to SLC, Utah where I have an appointment to have a Chrysler 5-star dealership do the install on March 6th.

In Utah the local drag strip is located 7 miles from my hotel, but it's at 4400 feet elevation! I think after the install I would be lucky to pull mid 13's running up there in the clouds but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Anthony
Ouch, with a DA of 499 yesterday, my stock engine with Volant CAI, Mopar catback and thermostat change ran 12.87 at 104.23 The Blackstallion's '06 runs 12.80 all day long at the same strip I run. I'll bet with new heads and a cam swap you should be looking at 12.5's no?
Bill

Grip Grip
02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Ouch, with a DA of 499 yesterday, my stock engine with Volant CAI, Mopar catback and thermostat change ran 12.87 at 104.23 The Blackstallion's '06 runs 12.80 all day long at the same strip I run. I'll bet with new heads and a cam swap you should be looking at 12.5's no?
Bill

I'd love to have mid 12's with a sea level DA, but I'm not getting that optimistic just yet--not after Heat crushed my hopes and dreams last year. :mad:

However, I do think mid 12's is a fair expectation at sea level.

gculver
02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Glad you talked to Scott, pretty good guy(motorhead you know). No matter who does the work, good luck on the mid 12 quest. I'am on a similar quest so we'll have to compare notes. :)