GSM P&P heads/intake Comp 268 clip [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM P&P heads/intake Comp 268 clip

tainui
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Getting used to my GSM ported and polished heads/intake. Decided to include the Comp cams 268 to spice it up some.

Installation was done by a pro in my garage over 2 days. I'm pleased with everything so far except the Kooks CEL which seems to show its head every 20-30 miles. Also, nobody mentioned that the cam will contribute to stalling periodically when coming to a stop. This was bad in the beginning but seems to have worked itself out 95% over the past 200 miles.

My Dashawk threw two codes immediately - P0300 - random misfire and the Kooks cat code. The P0300 sorted itself after about 60 miles when the computer learned the cam. Now all is well.

The interior noise is definitely louder than stock but I have ZERO drone on the highways and the only time you hear a difference is at idle and passing on the highways. Now OUTSIDE is a different story. I had the Mrs. go down the block and back and I'm sure I will lose a few friends as neighbors if I get excited with the throttle. This was only normal driving and I'm sure anything exciting will draw Black and white attention if you get my drift. I would hate to think about how loud this will be with a full cat-back kit.

I'm waiting for the install pictures from my friend. I the meantime I shot two quick clips today to give you an idea. Truck DEFINITELY feels faster. Its down right violent off the line. Without Traction control I am getting wheel spin through first gear. Today's temp was 31* so there is a bit of smoke from the pipes only during warm up.

Enjoy.

Click here to watch Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit (http://media.putfile.com/Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit)

live4skins
02-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Nice stuff! I'm liking how the tach on the rev limiter is hugging the 4k mark. It seems faster than 4.20 for sure! Keep us posted!

generalconfusion
02-11-2007, 03:02 AM
Getting used to my GSM ported and polished heads/intake. Decided to include the Comp cams 268 to spice it up some.

Installation was done by a pro in my garage over 2 days. I'm pleased with everything so far except the Kooks CEL which seems to show its head every 20-30 miles. Also, nobody mentioned that the cam will contribute to stalling periodically when coming to a stop. This was bad in the beginning but seems to have worked itself out 95% over the past 200 miles.

My Dashawk threw two codes immediately - P0300 - random misfire and the Kooks cat code. The P0300 sorted itself after about 60 miles when the computer learned the cam. Now all is well.

The interior noise is definitely louder than stock but I have ZERO drone on the highways and the only time you hear a difference is at idle and passing on the highways. Now OUTSIDE is a different story. I had the Mrs. go down the block and back and I'm sure I will lose a few friends as neighbors if I get excited with the throttle. This was only normal driving and I'm sure anything exciting will draw Black and white attention if you get my drift. I would hate to think about how loud this will be with a full cat-back kit.

I'm waiting for the install pictures from my friend. I the meantime I shot two quick clips today to give you an idea. Truck DEFINITELY feels faster. Its down right violent off the line. Without Traction control I am getting wheel spin through first gear. Today's temp was 31* so there is a bit of smoke from the pipes only during warm up.

Enjoy.

Click here to watch Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit (http://media.putfile.com/Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit)

WOW......thats impressive!

GodfatherSRT8
02-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice. The beast sounds mean.

SRT8
02-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Sweet. How about some more vids, of it moving... maybe some new 0-60 times? :D

Grip Grip
02-11-2007, 01:12 PM
So, would it be safe to say that the addition of the cam was more significant performance wise than the heads/intake?

By the way, did you upgrade the springs and go with titanium retainers?

Thanks for the video.

Anthony