Help Me Wih Mods..... [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Help Me Wih Mods.....

uae455
02-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi there srt8 fans..............i`m receiving my GCSRT8 on the 10th of this month i just need help what to start with .Bear in mind i live outside the USA and getting orders sent is easy 4-7 days with FEDEX.So to sum it up i need help and get all the info needed to get the car running and be happy i`m ready to spend $10,000 dollars in the beginning, so for you guys who wanna have fun in upgrading the car all your ideas will be much appreciated......thanks.

p.s.Turbo is not recommended

ge2
02-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Here are a few things that many SRT owners have done.

Stereo / video upgrades

Wheels & tires

Exhaust

Intake

Headers

Upholstery

HIDs

Tinted tail lights

More folks will be along to add to this list.

FastSRT8GC
02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I am in the same boat, but i live in the US. Just purchased mine and I am looking for upgrades.

But not a list of what can be done, all this I know. My interests are what upgrades produce the best results via real daily drivers that have installed and tested these items. AKA exhaust, best sound and power, CAI best build quality and performance, Best program for the trans and the ECU. I have searched and there are lots of thing mentioned, but I want to know the best results.

I am also interested in a SC but the Threads I have read about GS scare me and would like to know if there are others that have a kit.

My first purchase was HID's Fogs and Low Beams.

This website is a great tool for us to narrow down fine pieces of craftsmanship and pieces of garbage. We could even try to make a list of what everyone prefers and list them in order of cost, so if you cant afford the best one you can choose the second or third.

Thanks to all for your help.

idealrides
02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
To start off with, I would recommend a Volant intake and Corsa exhaust. For example you can get them both from the same company: www.tbyrnemotorsports.com (http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com). With shipping those two will probably be less than $2000. When you get the car if you want it to be faster then you should buy new cylinder heads and camshaft.

If you want it to look better, get HID headlights and foglights, and maybe some 20" or 22" forged aluminum wheels with performance tires.

If you're in the royal family don't forget about dark tint on all the windows including the windshield.
________
SuperHotBlondie (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/SuperHotBlondie/)

AlexT
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
To start off with, I would recommend a Volant intake and Corsa exhaust. For example you can get them both from the same company: www.tbyrnemotorsports.com (http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com). With shipping those two will probably be less than $2000.

Sounds pricey. I did a Volant and B&B shipped from Southern Hotrod for around $1250....

Alex

ge2
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
The term 'best' is subjective at, er.... um.... best :)

There are dyno charts for many of the exhaust systems, but beyond those, there isn't a way to know which exhaust sounds best. Intakes are all about the same, performance wise, so choose the one that looks the best to you.

EXTM
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
FastSRT8GC,

for the GS kit, i agree with you, there were many issues regarding it, however, all of these have been fixed up. I have installed thier kits on my trucks and they run great! even with low boost, you feel that pull with the ast gear shifting.
I have seen JEEPs from JH turbocharged in town, but then the satisfaction was not there compare to the price they have paid to JH!

Indeed, I have installed thier kit on one of my 7.0L JEEP and let me says, its freakin fast!

uae455,
Being built over many JEEPs in your area, there is a vast area where you can look at in terms of mods. As the guys mentioned here, if performance is the target, then CAI, Cat-back, Heads, SC kit, etc is the way to go.. if you are looking for something is way beyond imagination, then the 7.0L is a torque master.

for low budget:
CAI, Headers, Cat-back, PCM re-flash will do the thing
for more:
SC kit, high boost, cam profile, 7.0L, etc.

idealrides
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Sounds pricey. I did a Volant and B&B shipped from Southern Hotrod for around $1250....

Alex

any idea how much it costs to FedEx a 50 pound box to the middle east? :eek:

I've shipped some rather heavy equipment by FedEx international priority in the past and let me tell you it ain't cheap!
________
California Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

AlexT
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
any idea how much it costs to FedEx a 50 pound box to the middle east? :eek:

I've shipped some rather heavy equipment by FedEx international priority in the past and let me tell you it ain't cheap!

Heh, I assumed you were someplace like Toledo or Tuscaloosa.

Alex

NitroCrzy
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I've had many things shipped over here..... It's frigg'n expensive so you want to be 100% sure about what your sending is what you want. Nothing is more frustrating than waiting a couple weeks or more and then find out you need something (gasket kit, wire connector, etc.....) Ground shipping is the cheapest but it can take months to get here.

:rolleyes:

The worst is sending $2K worth of something and then have customs deem it to be inappropriate...... luckily for me I was able to talk them into re-shipping to be picked up in Bahrain. That particular shipment ended up getting lost and I had to have it tracked. Took about 4mths to actually get......

SOUTHERNHOTROD
02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Anything you guys need, just give me a call. I have great deals on just about everything!

OurZoo
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I think I'll finally do a performance upgrade soon and cannot decide between the Dub Air, Mopar, and Volant CAI. Too many damn decisions!:D

kramsay1234
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I think I'll finally do a performance upgrade soon and cannot decide between the Dub Air, Mopar, and Volant CAI. Too many damn decisions!:D

If you want people to start drooling when you open the hood, DUB Air....

Volant also high quality and classy upgrade, but more subtle when open hood.

Not sure on sound of Volant, but DUB is unmistakable.
________
Motorcycle Tires (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

OurZoo
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I think Palo Alto Dave had that on his ride? I'll have to check it out again at the end of the month when he is down here for the Woodland Hlls meet. It is beeeeautiful looking!

uae455
02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
hey guys its been great reading all the replies and i`m just going crazy here ,to me high speed is not required `coz i own a Mercedes cl55 and a cls500 i need something that`ll burn rubber and reallllllllly get you stuck in your seat.....regarding wheels this will be on a later stage......its ENGINE i`m looking for to upgrade

kramsay1234
02-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Do CAI, Headers, Cat-back exhaust, Ported/Polished Heads, and CAM. CAI, choose based on preferred look. Headers, only 1 or 2 to choose from and haven't heard negative on either. Cat-back exhaust, either Corsa or B&B. As for Head work, there is a debate right now as to who does better work (you will see the thread) but its seems either is a good choice.

I would stay away from blowers, or turbos until we have a few satisfied customers.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

FastSRT8GC
02-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank you all, very good info.

I still would like to know the deal with the ECU and tranny programs. What is out there and what works. And is DiabloSport, Edge, superchips or any others planning on making a hand held or piggy back unit.

Also who has headers and how was the install and the performance gain. I plan on ordering a B&B exhaust on monday. So do the headers match up (bolt on) to the cat back, also are there codes due to the low restrictive cats.

Thanks.

Oh, and what fuses need to be pulled to remove the traction control and the front diff. I think i found the Front diff in the engine compartment. but I am unsure and honestly did not look for the traction control. I plan on making a fixed switch for these mounted in the cabin but i am not spending the money for one of those kits w/ some wire and a switch

Razorecko
02-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Thank you all, very good info.

I still would like to know the deal with the ECU and tranny programs. What is out there and what works. And is DiabloSport, Edge, superchips or any others planning on making a hand held or piggy back unit.

Also who has headers and how was the install and the performance gain. I plan on ordering a B&B exhaust on monday. So do the headers match up (bolt on) to the cat back, also are there codes due to the low restrictive cats.

Thanks.

Oh, and what fuses need to be pulled to remove the traction control and the front diff. I think i found the Front diff in the engine compartment. but I am unsure and honestly did not look for the traction control. I plan on making a fixed switch for these mounted in the cabin but i am not spending the money for one of those kits w/ some wire and a switch

go mopar/corsa on the exhaust - better quality, see the thread about the b&B welds splitting open.

FastSRT8GC
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow, I have been reading lots about bad customer service here... Whats up with these companies.

Razorecko
02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, I have been reading lots about bad customer service here... Whats up with these companies.

Basically the aftermarket for the 6.1's and especially the wk's isnt strong at all... and when there is no competition around for alot of parts, companies that produce them dont care if they lose one or two customers to bad customer service. They'll only worry about it when there's another 15 companies on the block making the same product.

FastSRT8GC
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
How about lightened crank pulleys?

uae455
02-04-2007, 06:26 AM
1-mopar/corsa on the exhaust
2-volant
3-
4-
5-