Dynamic Racing Heads are the Real Deal!! [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Dynamic Racing Heads are the Real Deal!!

bevsjeepsrt8
01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I just picked up my Jeep and it is running UNBELIEVABLE!!! It's definately making some real good power...from a dead stop the tires will fry right through first gear. It feels like im spraying my 100 shot!! I think this is by far the best mod available and im extremely happy with my choice. I only have 22 miles on it so the computer still needs to learn a few more things. Im sure it will only get better. I still have the stock PCM but I plan on doing the B&G flash next.
I will get to the track as soon as I can so I can get you guy's some 1/4 times to see how much I gained.

Matt, you did an awesome job on the heads!! You're H/C combo is a must for anyone looking for some REAL HP GAINS!!
Thank's for making my Jeep FLY and also for the GREAT customer service you provided since day 1.

Grip Grip
01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Congrats! I'm green with envy.

bevsjeepsrt8
01-31-2007, 07:27 PM

Thank's!! sorry about the crap you went through with your's. I give you credit for stepping up and taking the chance. At least you have something to look forward to.

Inferno SRT8
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Congrats again bro!!!!! Im also green with envy!!!

timster
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Great news! I wonder though, how consistant the heads will be, since they're hand ported?? Matt?

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 07:30 PM

So when are you going to pull the trigger and order heads and cam from me?

Grip Grip
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
So when are you going to pull the trigger and order heads and cam from [b]me[/n]?

I'll have to confer with the wife before pulling the trigger unless I wanna be "cut off".

On the other hand, I would love to leave my Jeep with you guys for a day while I take a road trip to Roswell and Area 51. :eek:

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Great news! I wonder though, how consistant the will heads be, since they're hand ported?? Matt?

On our heads all the finish port work is preformed by the same person and flowed on the same flow bench.

Hand porting IMO is the only way to get the most out of any head casting. A opinion shared by most of the big guns in nearly every form of motor sports. C&C is fast, it saves huge amounts of time on the port work. IMO that’s the only up-side of C&C porting. I have never seen a C&C ported head that we could not make better by hand finishing. Most big performance shops that offer C&C heads also offer hand finishing at a extra charge of $1000+++. C&C always leaves ridges all the way down the port, thy cant get in super close to the guide or seat. And lets not forget that a C&C port is fashioned after a hand port to start with, and never does as good as the port it's fashioned after because of the above mentioned.

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I just picked up my Jeep and it is running UNBELIEVABLE!!! It's definately making some real good power...from a dead stop the tires will fry right through first gear. It feels like im spraying my 100 shot!! I think this is by far the best mod available and im extremely happy with my choice. I only have 22 miles on it so the computer still needs to learn a few more things. Im sure it will only get better. I still have the stock PCM but I plan on doing the B&G flash next.
I will get to the track as soon as I can so I can get you guy's some 1/4 times to see how much I gained.

Matt, you did an awesome job on the heads!! You're H/C combo is a must for anyone looking for some REAL HP GAINS!!
Thank's for making my Jeep FLY and also for the GREAT customer service you provided since day 1.

Thanks!

Glad to here you are having fun with your new found power. It's nice to have that power now all the time not just when the bottle is on, cant wait to see how you like it when you hit the giggle juice. Better get some stickier tires

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
I'll have to confer with the wife before pulling the trigger unless I wanna be "cut off".

lol :) well you dont want that

On the other hand, I would love to my Jeep off with you guys for a day while I take a road trip to Roswell and Area 51. :eek:

You can go see the Alien museum, and I'm not kidding thy realy have one lol

I think Area 51 is in Nevada, but there is some strange goverment stuff Around here, Alamogordo, is the Birthplace of the Nuke!

bevsjeepsrt8
01-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks!

It's nice to have that power now all the time not just when the bottle is on, cant wait to see how you like it when you hit the giggle juice. Better get some stickier tires

Exactly!! I can't wait to spray this thing...I have serious traction issues now. I heard Nitto is coming out with 20" DR's

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Exactly!! I can't wait to spray this thing...I have serious traction issues now. I heard Nitto is coming out with 20" DR's

That roomer may be true I heard the same thing, I hope thy do that would be nice.

GotStroke?
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
On our heads all the finish port work is preformed by the same person and flowed on the same flow bench.

Hand porting IMO is the only way to get the most out of any head casting. A opinion shared by most of the big guns in nearly every form of motor sports. C&C is fast, it saves huge amounts of time on the port work. IMO thatís the only up-side of C&C porting. I have never seen a C&C ported head that we could not make better by hand finishing. Most big performance shops that offer C&C heads also offer hand finishing at a extra charge of $1000+++. C&C always leaves ridges all the way down the port, thy cant get in super close to the guide or seat. And lets not forget that a C&C port is fashioned after a hand port to start with, and never does as good as the port it's fashioned after because of the above mentioned.

+ core shift with CNC.

GotStroke?
01-31-2007, 08:13 PM

Great news Mark!

BDNJ
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM

Wow!!! Congratulations! I'm so psyched. I'm have the DN head/268 combo ready and waiting :rolleyes: as well as a cai, kooks and a 3200 stall. S/b done next week. It's really amazing how effortlessly fast these things are even stock. You must be flyin'!!!!!!!!!

Brendan

GotStroke?
01-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow!!! Congratulations! I'm so psyched. I'm have the DN head/268 combo ready and waiting :rolleyes: as well as a cai, kooks and a 3200 stall. S/b done next week. It's really amazing how effortlessly fast these things are even stock. You must be flyin'!!!!!!!!!

Brendan

Just curious as to who made your converter?

Thanks

GotStroke?
01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Matt,
With your ported heads and 268 cam, what gains are there over the stock 6100rpm rev limit? Is going to 6400-6450rpm (as can be had with the B&G) worthwhile with your top end?

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Matt,
With your ported heads and 268 cam, what gains are there over the stock 6100rpm rev limit? Is going to 6400-6450rpm (as can be had with the B&G) worthwhile with your top end?

Take a look at Ekool's Dyno charts, st you can see power is still going up at 6100rpm, and that’s even with stock Exhaust Manifolds, and Stock Exhaust. It's not showing any signs of dropping off off. I would expect going to 6400+ would mean more power and a faster Truck.

http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/images/0/01/Drhc-srt8p2.jpg

timster
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
quick question - would I still be able to pass Mass state emissions tests with the the upgraded head cam package?

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
quick question - would I still be able to pass Mass state emissions tests with the the upgraded head cam package?

heads should be yes, cam I have no idea, We dont have emissions testing in my state so I have not tested it out.

SRedrockT8
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
heads should be yes, cam I have no idea, We dont have emissions testing in my state so I have not tested it out.

it would be nice if you could or if anyone whose done it could. i have emissions testing here in Va. and it's a big concern whether it would pass or not. no pass, no deal. :D

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
it would be nice if you could or if anyone whose done it could. i have emissions testing here in Va. and it's a big concern whether it would pass or not. no pass, no deal. :D

I have no way of testing that were I live, but I bet somebody out there will:)

cool thing about AWD cars is thy are Exempt from load testing, in most states thy do idle and high idle only.

SpeedRacer333
01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats! I couldn't be happier unless I just had it done to my Jeep. I was beginning to think I just bought another vehicle that was going to kick me in the sack and pocketbook when it comes to mods (as in spending mega-bucks for a 5 hp gain and causing other problems)... This flips the script a 180!

Here's a two-thumbs up to the risk-takers here, and vendors suppling great products and stepping up to show honest-real-deal gains. Matt, if I lived in New Mexico you better beleive I'd be at your shop tomorrow for the install.

idealrides
02-01-2007, 02:13 AM
just wondering, approximately how much of the gain from H+C could be expected from heads alone?

You see, I don't trust anyone in my area, not even the dealership, to do cams.... unless you want to spend a few days in the Caribbean on my tab, Matt?
________
CamillaH (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/CamillaH/)

bevsjeepsrt8
02-01-2007, 05:47 AM

Brendan

Thank's, you won't believe the difference it will make and with the Kooks, CAI, and stall it's gonna be sick!!
who makes your converter?

bevsjeepsrt8
02-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Great news Mark!

Thanks alot!!

bevsjeepsrt8
02-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Congrats! I couldn't be happier unless I just had it done to my Jeep. I was beginning to think I just bought another vehicle that was going to kick me in the sack and pocketbook when it comes to mods (as in spending mega-bucks for a 5 hp gain and causing other problems)... This flips the script a 180!

Here's a two-thumbs up to the risk-takers here, and vendors suppling great products and stepping up to show honest-real-deal gains. Matt, if I lived in New Mexico you better beleive I'd be at your shop tomorrow for the install.

Thank's, It's real nice to get such a big gain at a very fair price.

Goldengreek5
02-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Congrats Bev!! I got a few things to look forward to now come summer time!!! Kook's, and H&C's!!!!

SpeedRacer333
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
just wondering, approximately how much of the gain from H+C could be expected from heads alone?

You see, I don't trust anyone in my area, not even the dealership, to do cams.... unless you want to spend a few days in the Caribbean on my tab, Matt?

I hear that! Here is the best educated guess straight from the horses mouth (so to speak):
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26113&postcount=25

BDNJ
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank's, you won't believe the difference it will make and with the Kooks, CAI, and stall it's gonna be sick!!
who makes your converter?

Vigilante stall. Matt @ Tune Time in N.J. is discounting them!:D

timster
02-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Matt - just a suggestion, but you would sell a ton more Head and cam packages if you invested some money into testing whether it'll pass in all states that have strick emissions standards

Goldengreek5
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Matt - just a suggestion, but you would sell a ton more Head and cam packages if you invested some money into testing whether it'll pass in all states that have strick emissions standards
Timster, I've had cams in other vehicles before, and they've always passed emmisions. Dont know if the Jeep would be different though.

timster
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
thats good to hear Golden.. I want this package for sure but since the SRT8 is my daily driver I can't take any risks. Let me know how it goes when/if you get the heads/cam installed.

GotStroke?
02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Take a look at Ekool's Dyno charts, st you can see power is still going up at 6100rpm, and thatís even with stock Exhaust Manifolds, and Stock Exhaust. It's not showing any signs of dropping off off. I would expect going to 6400+ would mean more power and a faster Truck.

Apparently a B&G stage II flash with raised rev limit would be a good idea to pair with H/C.

Thanks

SRT8
02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
FastMatt, would there be a benefit w/a custom ground cam? I'm staying NA w/o nitros & I want more streetable hp/tq if it's possible. I really don't want to lose any tq. Do you offer dif stages of p&p? Are you p&p the intake & tb yet?

FastMatt
02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
FastMatt, would there be a benefit w/a custom ground cam? I'm staying NA w/o nitros & I want more streetable hp/tq if it's possible. I really don't want to lose any tq. Do you offer dif stages of p&p? Are you p&p the intake & tb yet?

loose TQ? With the heads and comp 268 cam Ekools jeep gained 65 ft/lb of TQ at 2500rpm! (at the wheels!)

The Frank racing little boy cam does even better down lo, and idles even better then the Comp 268 on the 5.7L's I'll be trying that out soon in a 6.1L. (we just set the Dyno recoard in a N/A 5.7L with our ported heads, and the little boy cam at 383 RWHP and 400ft/lb of TQ on a 300c Belonging to Jim Edwards who holds the title for the fastest n/a 5.7L hemi 300c/charger)

I can bore out the stock TB make it larger and put in a lager butterfly.

and yes we "can" port the intake but the gains per $$$ are very lo from porting the intake.

SRT8
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
FastMatt, I ment lose that streetable low end tq that some mention could be lost when making a higher hp engine. Let us know what you find out/test other cam options. Do you think one of the Frank cams would bring better#s than the 268? If you port the tb, would you recommend port matching the intake(vs splitting the intake to do a true p&p)? This would be less expensive right? How much to port the tb? Doing the h/c on the modern HEMI is no dif than most pushrod engines correct? Thanks for the help Matt.

FastMatt
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
FastMatt, I ment lose that streetable low end tq that some mention could be lost when making a higher hp engine. Let us know what you find out/test other cam options. Do you think one of the Frank cams would bring better#s than the 268? If you port the tb, would you recommend port matching the intake(vs splitting the intake to do a true p&p)? This would be less expensive right? How much to port the tb? Doing the h/c on the modern HEMI is no dif than most pushrod engines correct? Thanks for the help Matt.

I understand what you are saying but this head/cam set-up GAINED TQ and HP everywhere in the power band. Lo, high, everywhere.

IMO the Frank Littleboy cam at least with the 4 deg advance ground into it like the one I tested is maby a little shy on power from the 268 up top. But it did idle a better in the 5.7L. I will not know how it works in the 6.1L till I test it out and I will be soon.

I do think that if the cam was striate up it will out power the comp 268 with all the same mods.

The 300C I tested in it did Dyno higher then any 5.7L with a comp 268 cam I have dynoed BUT the 300C with the littleboy also had a few more/better supporting mods then any 268 car I have dynoed, so it's hard to say.

here is a overlay of our test charger with the comp 268 and the 300c with the little boy.