Aftermarket cat back [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Aftermarket cat back

JDR07
01-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Is the corsa cat back system worth the money? I personally think the stock exhaust sounds good and performs well, but if corsa can make the 6.1 sound even better and accelerate noticeably quicker then I will gladly throw down the $. I've heard sound clips but never heard them in person, so anyone who knows, fill me in! Thanks!

championjeep
01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I gotta go with the Magnaflow!!! Best sound I have ever heard!!

AlexT
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I've got a B&B on order.

I can tell you that after about 1000 miles, the stock exhaust is getting broken in and sounding better and better...

Alex

SOUTHERNHOTROD
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Is the corsa cat back system worth the money? I personally think the stock exhaust sounds good and performs well, but if corsa can make the 6.1 sound even better and accelerate noticeably quicker then I will gladly throw down the $. I've heard sound clips but never heard them in person, so anyone who knows, fill me in! Thanks!
I say go with a B&B catback.

Check this video out! (http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=5938)

If you would like to purchase one, just give me a call. I'll give you a great deal!

jlandbl
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Heard the Mopar/Corsa cat back + Mopar CAI on a Jeep SRT8 in person at the SRT Track Experience. Night and day difference in sound over stock. More throat, more burp between shifts, a head turner.

JDR07
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
has anyone dyno tested these systems against one another? personally i would sacrifice a few hp for better sound since i dont race much, but if theres one that blows the others away it would gain points

ge2
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I fell into an opportunity to get the Corsa at no cost. I've currently got the Magnaflow (and love it, by the way). The MF will be up for sale as soon as the Corsa shows up. Not sure what it'd sell for, but if anyone might be interested, you can shoot me a PM.

SilverSRT8
01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I just got the mopar ordered today. I can't wait to get it on.

JDR07
01-29-2007, 09:20 PM
ge2, how many miles do you have on the magnaflow system? whats its condition? (I'm assuming its in good shape because you have a nice looking car)

HoustonSRT-8
01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I fell into an opportunity to get the Corsa at no cost. I've currently got the Magnaflow (and love it, by the way). The MF will be up for sale as soon as the Corsa shows up. Not sure what it'd sell for, but if anyone might be interested, you can shoot me a PM.
Care to let the rest of us know how to trip? ;)

ge2
01-29-2007, 11:11 PM
LOL-- well, I spent a few years involved in the truck media & aftermarket industries. One of the things I did a lot of was writing tech articles and how-to's for manufacturers, who in turn put the articles into the truck mags. So I got to know many of the aftermarket company and PR firm reps pretty well. I haven't done any of it for nearly two years, but about a month ago I got a call asking if I'd do a write up and install shoot of the corsa setup. I said yes.

So my magnaflow went on in July or August. Not sure how many miles are on it, but I don't drive it hard, there is no salt allowed on Seattle streets, and the undercarriage is washed regularly.

JDR07
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
sounds like a nice gig lol...i'm very interested in taking that magnaflow system off your hands.

FFSP
01-30-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to get an aftermarket exhaust also. I would probably go with the Corsa. Anybody got any before/after dyno numbers or video clips? Thanks.

jlandbl
01-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to get an aftermarket exhaust also. I would probably go with the Corsa. Anybody got any before/after dyno numbers or video clips? Thanks.

Scroll down, hit the #'s for the sound clips.
http://www.corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm

BigHemi
01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
has anyone dyno tested these systems against one another? personally i would sacrifice a few hp for better sound since i dont race much, but if theres one that blows the others away it would gain points

If you're willing to sacrifice some HP, then you could get the Zoomers, since they sound the baddest of them all.

HoustonSRT-8
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
If you're willing to sacrifice some HP, then you could get the Zoomers, since they sound the baddest of them all.
I hate their tips. :(