'07 TCM hesitation solved (by SRT engineers) [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: '07 TCM hesitation solved (by SRT engineers)

BuilderBill
01-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Pretty good news!!!:)
The "AH" TCM software release will be available in the next few weeks. I will be periodically checking in with my dealer for the update. This should be the final version for our '07's. It is being released for our shift hesitations.

I currently (as probably most other '07's) have the "AE" release according to the recent scan at the dealer.

This is what can happen when people work together to resolve an issue.

Relieved,
Bill

MatFab
01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
sweet i've been waiting

BlackedOut
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
How do i know if i have AH or AE, and what do they mean?? my 07 doesnt feel like it hesitates at all but maybe im just used to it like that.

rainmaker
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Pretty good news!!!:)
The "AH" TCM software release will be available in the next few weeks. I will be periodically checking in with my dealer for the update. This should be the final version for our '07's. It is being released for our shift hesitations.

I currently (as probably most other '07's) have the "AE" release according to the recent scan at the dealer.

This is what can happen when people work together to resolve an issue.

Relieved,
Bill

Cool info Bill, where did you hear this from?

BuilderBill
01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Rainmaker,
Heard directly from the SRT engineers.
Bill

Green Light
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I need to talk to those engineers as my dealer couldn't update my TCM and I got an '06. Said I had the most up to date version. HUH?!?!?!

idealrides
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Rainmaker,
Heard directly from the SRT engineers.
Bill

as opposed to hearing from the guy that was listening to the "SRT Engs at the Nats" ?? :D
________
nice tits Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/medium-tits/)

BuilderBill
01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
LOL,
Yeah, heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy at the Nats!!
Bill

Black_SRT8
01-29-2007, 06:04 PM
my 07 doesnt feel like it hesitates at all but maybe im just used to it like that.

Exactly. I always thought i was one of the lucky '06 owners that did not suffer from the shift hesitation. Once I received the TCM flash, I realized what I was missing.. turns out i had the shift lag on every gear :eek:

timster
01-29-2007, 08:06 PM
this is great as I just experienced my first 1-2 shift hesitation at wot tonight. Hopefully my dealership will have a clue..

kramsay1234
01-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Bill - any chance mine is the AH firmware, or is this new and something I should get as well for my '07??
________
Black **** (http://www.****tube.com/categories/295/****/videos/1)

Razorecko
01-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Great ! after all the posts and complaints we are being heard, and pretty quickly too...but than I wont celebrate untill an actual release is available from the dealership.

BuilderBill
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Damn, yes....they DO pay attention!
Not too bad to actually have an engineering department that listens to our concerns!
The "AH" software release is a few weeks from release. I will continue to check as will my service mgr at Stateline, Ft. Mill, SC.
I'll bet you would never get this concern with a TBSS.
Bill

Razorecko
01-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Damn, yes....they DO pay attention!
Not too bad to actually have an engineering department that listens to our concerns!
The "AH" software release is a few weeks from release. I will continue to check as will my service mgr at Stateline, Ft. Mill, SC.
I'll bet you would never get this concern with a TBSS.
Bill

lol must be something you get only when you pay more than 40k for a car :D

JDR07
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
will all 2007s benefit from this or do some not need it? i cant feel any hesitation but ive noticed the kickdown from 20-30 issue.

Razorecko
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
will all 2007s benefit from this or do some not need it? i cant feel any hesitation but ive noticed the kickdown from 20-30 issue.

I presume it will be for all 07's , they dont usually run a tsb or fix by date of manufacture - but just by year.

BuilderBill
01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Next oil change, just ask the dealer to update the TCM. Then ask what release they had, "AE" or "AH". Sure as hell hope this works.
Bill

JDR07
01-30-2007, 09:49 PM
okay AH. got it. i hope they know what the hell theyre doing, i dont wanna end up with a 4-speed or something lol

Razorecko
01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I imagine they dont run the new tsb adjustments on production cars untill its proven on customers cars, so basically even the 07's probally wont be made with the new adjustments untill the 07 tsb/fix has been out for a while.

cherosrt8
01-31-2007, 12:45 AM
i have a question i own a mexican GC srt8 and the dealer does not have a clue what what tcm is. Could i go to a regular dealer here un U.S and get it programed?

robbeef
01-31-2007, 05:32 AM
I just made a deal for my new 07.It's in stock and will probably pick it up early next week.Is this update something I should tell the dealer about or will they know about it.

BuilderBill
01-31-2007, 06:23 AM
robbeef,
There is no way that they would know to update the TCM unless you bring it to their attention. I will be a few weeks until it is released though.
Bill

amaze139
02-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey, I ordered a 2007 Grnd Cherokee SRT8 and it is still at the manufacturer and I wont be able to pick it up for four more weeks. Is this a recent enough build date where I wont have to worry about the TCM, or should I have something done by the dealer the day I pick it up? I am new to this type of stuff, but I wanna make sure I take care of my new vehicle and have it run to the best of its ability! Please let me know what I should do? THanks a lot!

OurZoo
02-02-2007, 10:43 PM
It hasn't been released as of yet, and I highly doubt it is the software in your soon to be new baby. When it comes in, the dealer can check it out for you.

capitalst
02-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know if the AH update is available yet?

BuilderBill
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
As of the morning the AH update for our '07 TCM is still not available. However, my PCM was updated to AD release that updates the final drive control???? Don't know what the he!! that is all about. Damn electronics sometimes.
Bill

live4skins
02-19-2007, 11:16 AM
As of the morning the AH update for our '07 TCM is still not available. However, my PCM was updated to AD release that updates the final drive control???? Don't know what the he!! that is all about. Damn electronics sometimes.
Bill

Bill,

How was the PCM updated? What update was it that was downloaded to your pcm? Final drive control?

Dont you love technowledgy!

BuilderBill
02-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Bill,

How was the PCM updated? What update was it that was downloaded to your pcm? Final drive control?

Dont you love technowledgy!
The Viper mechanic found the update when he was searching an update for the TCM. He then downloaded it with his Star scan. I have been driving it for the last few hours and do not notice any change anywhere. It sure as hell did NOT help the hesitation caused by hitting the rev limiter on shifts.
Bill

kramsay1234
02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Bill - do you notice if you launch from a full stop in Autostick that it doesn't hesitate, but if you drop it down to 1st from a roll and hit it that it will hit the limiter before the shift? My first launch from a stop, there was no hesitation, but I pinned it from a slow roll a couple of times, like when pulling onto a street, and it bounces off the limiter everytime.
________
IPAD GUIDE (http://ipadguides.info)

BuilderBill
02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Bill - do you notice if you launch from a full stop in Autostick that it doesn't hesitate, but if you drop it down to 1st from a roll and hit it that it will hit the limiter before the shift? My first launch from a stop, there was no hesitation, but I pinned it from a slow roll a couple of times, like when pulling onto a street, and it bounces off the limiter everytime.
Mine ('07) seems pretty consistent, from a dead stop (drive or autostick) it will begin to shift about 6100 rpm, hit the rev limiter at 6200 rpm, stumble and then finalize the shift. My nose is getting sore from hitting the windshield on the shifts!
At the drags last weekend, I even tried to disconnect the neg battery for 10 minutes, in the hope that it would forget how to hesitate on the shifts. My service manager at the dealership this morning told he doesn't run across many customers who actually drive these vehicles as they were intended to be driven. LOL

I am still unconvinced that a PCM with a rev limiter set at 6450 rpm wouldn't easily solve this problem.
Bill

cajunlab
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Please educate me!
Is this correct?
The 2006's had the same shift problem but a firmware fix was issued that corrected it.
Then the 2007's were introduced with the same problem but there is no firmware fix as of now.
I had a 2006 but never got it flashed. I did notice it refused to kick down to 1st from a rolling 15mph.
I'm now without but have a 2007 ordered (hopefully will receive in late April).
Sounds like the 2006 with the fix is better than a new 2007, no?

whiskey
02-19-2007, 03:26 PM
This sounds exactly like the problem on my 06 Charger SRT8.

Is fixed with a TCM flash by Starscan.

Is it the same, or is it a different issue?

BuilderBill
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Please educate me!
Is this correct?
The 2006's had the same shift problem but a firmware fix was issued that corrected it.
Then the 2007's were introduced with the same problem but there is no firmware fix as of now.
I had a 2006 but never got it flashed. I did notice it refused to kick down to 1st from a rolling 15mph.
I'm now without but have a 2007 ordered (hopefully will receive in late April).
Sounds like the 2006 with the fix is better than a new 2007, no?
The '06 TCM has a TSB that covers the re-flashing to correct shift issues.
The '07 has different electronics for the TCM and PCM than the '06. My '07 PCM was re-flashed this morning, what the hell it did is beyond me, something with "updated for Final Drive Control".
The '07 DOES kickdown fine in drive, not autostick.
I bet your new '07 will have all the updates, the members here can supply you with the latest revision letter for your TCM and PCM. To compare the '06 and '07...at the drags last week I raced member Blackstallion. He runs 12.8 and I ran 12.9 (until last weekends MY 12.8). They are both strong stockers!
Bill

cajunlab
02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
BuilderBill,
Thanks for the info....from Kings Mtn, NC :)
Can't wait for April.
Maybe yours was flashed without the "new" firmware.....snds like it's not out yet.

maxxjeep
02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Why have I never gotten a letter from Jeep about issues like this?

Why do I have to find out about fixes for my car on an online forum?

Just curious.

Inferno SRT8
02-19-2007, 08:05 PM
The '06 TCM has a TSB that covers the re-flashing to correct shift issues.
The '07 has different electronics for the TCM and PCM than the '06. My '07 PCM was re-flashed this morning, what the hell it did is beyond me, something with "updated for Final Drive Control".
The '07 DOES kickdown fine in drive, not autostick.
I bet your new '07 will have all the updates, the members here can supply you with the latest revision letter for your TCM and PCM. To compare the '06 and '07...at the drags last week I raced member Blackstallion. He runs 12.8 and I ran 12.9 (until last weekends MY 12.8). They are both strong stockers!
Bill

Spoken like a true east coaster;) , got to love negative DA days. 12.5 here consistent with bolt ons only. :D

timster
02-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I have a 07 that does not have the hesitation problem - maybe 1 in 15 WOT launches it will bounce off the rev limiter, but for the most part it shifts just fine. The hesitation seems to be a problem with all 06 models, and I guess with some of the 07s, but for the most part I think most 07s do not have the hesitation.

Also, not kicking down from a 15 MPH roll is not the same thing as hitting the rev limiter - if you want to have a good launch from a 15 MPH roll, my sugggestion is to put the GC in autostick, in 1st.. that works fine

Lastly, this shift hesitation that some people experience only happens at wide open throttle - so, for the most part, if you are not doing any wide open throttle, you will not experience this problem...

BuilderBill
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
I have a 07 that does not have the hesitation problem - maybe 1 in 15 WOT launches it will bounce off the rev limiter, but for the most part it shifts just fine. The hesitation seems to be a problem with all 06 models, and I guess with some of the 07s, but for the most part I think most 07s do not have the hesitation.

Also, not kicking down from a 15 MPH roll is not the same thing as hitting the rev limiter - if you want to have a good launch from a 15 MPH roll, my sugggestion is to put the GC in autostick, in 1st.. that works fine

Lastly, this shift hesitation that some people experience only happens at wide open throttle - so, for the most part, if you are not doing any wide open throttle, you will not experience this problem...
Correct Timster, the hesitation only happens at WOT. Thats why I traded in my Overland.....WOT!!!!!!!!!

whiskey
02-20-2007, 07:46 AM
In my Charger SRT8, a full throttle punch from a rolling start will always generate the rev-limiter bounce. Is this the same issue?

BuilderBill
02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
In my Charger SRT8, a full throttle punch from a rolling start will always generate the rev-limiter bounce. Is this the same issue?
Only on shifting from 1-2 etc.
Are you smoking the tires and hitting the rev limiter?

whiskey
02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Perfect example was this morning.

On a 50mph stretch of highway, pull up to a yield sign at an intersection.
Slow down to 15-20mph, pull right hand turn through yield sign.

Nail throttle.

Accelerate with full throttle, vehicle bounces off rev limiter and feels *dead*.
Hesitate 0.5-1 second, then shifts to 2nd gear, full throttle again.

Also,
When slowing for EZpass tollbooth, from 60-ish, slow to crawl of 15-20 or so.

Pass the green lights, nail throttle. This time, in straight line away from tollbooth. Charger pulls hard to redline, then *dead* for 0.5-1 second, then shift then full throttle.

I have never experienced this problem when starting from a complete stop.

Does this sound familiar for the Cherokee?

BuilderBill
02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Perfect example was this morning.

On a 50mph stretch of highway, pull up to a yield sign at an intersection.
Slow down to 15-20mph, pull right hand turn through yield sign.

Nail throttle.

Accelerate with full throttle, vehicle bounces off rev limiter and feels *dead*.
Hesitate 0.5-1 second, then shifts to 2nd gear, full throttle again.

Also,
When slowing for EZpass tollbooth, from 60-ish, slow to crawl of 15-20 or so.

Pass the green lights, nail throttle. This time, in straight line away from tollbooth. Charger pulls hard to redline, then *dead* for 0.5-1 second, then shift then full throttle.

I have never experienced this problem when starting from a complete stop.

Does this sound familiar for the Cherokee?
Same with us only the JGC does it also from a complete stop.

whiskey
02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh nuts. I had hoped that they would have fixed this issue for the '07s.

I wonder how many questions about this will be asked at the SRT chat tomorrow....

timster
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh nuts. I had hoped that they would have fixed this issue for the '07s.

I wonder how many questions about this will be asked at the SRT chat tomorrow....

I think a lot of 07 models do not have this problem on a consistant basis. My 07 shifts fine, but does hit the rev limiter every 1 in 15 WOTs. Even then, it's not like my car goes into limp mode or anything. If/when the Flash becomes availible for the 07, I will probably upgrade. I'd expect 100% optimal shifting with the new flash, if it ever becomes available

kramsay1234
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
My experience - from a dig mine seems to shift smooth with no hesitation. From a roll, hits the rev limiter every time.

Granted that in Toronto I get very few chances to try from a dig, so it could easily do it there some times as well if I had more time to experiment.

The rolling start - 5-10mph, no kickdown back to 1st gear is everytime.
________
Handjob busty (http://www.****tube.com/categories/667/busty/videos/1)

whiskey
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I wonder if the problem comes from the torque management part of the equation. If the torque management from a dead start prevents the motor from spinning freely, therby letting the transmission shift at the correct rev point..... from a roll, the torque managment is in a different part of its program and allows more power to the wheels, and the shift point does not compensate correctly?

2007GCSRT8
02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
i have a question i own a mexican GC srt8 and the dealer does not have a clue what what tcm is. Could i go to a regular dealer here un U.S and get it programed?

Bring it across the border, I hear it's pretty easy to get in!

fever29
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Re: '07 TCM hesitation solved (by SRT engineers)
Hey, I ordered a 2007 Grnd Cherokee SRT8 and it is still at the manufacturer and I wont be able to pick it up for four more weeks. Is this a recent enough build date where I wont have to worry about the TCM, or should I have something done by the dealer the day I pick it up? I am new to this type of stuff, but I wanna make sure I take care of my new vehicle and have it run to the best of its ability! Please let me know what I should do? THanks a lot!

Why have I never gotten a letter from Jeep about issues like this?

Why do I have to find out about fixes for my car on an online forum?

Just curious.

I am in the same boat here...I have on order an 07' D1 status ship date of March 25. I think the forum is great, lots of info for new buyers and ongoing wisdom provided by members that have done that and been there, no doubt this is priceless information. I realize that each member here would purchase this SUV again, and probably post more problems than anything else looking for an answer...but damn this is a NEW truck. Yes I enjoy having fun and don't mind spending the $$ to do it...but alot of reflashes/brakes, etc for a new truck. SRT Eng. get this figured out or consumers are going to take notice and sales will drop! I want to make sure that I can trade my 07' in for a new 500+ h.p. GC in 2010!

timster
02-23-2007, 08:47 PM
starting tonight my 07 is hitting the rev limiter on 1-2 shifts pretty frequently- 2 out of 3 times froma dead stop... sucks. I wonder why it's happening all of a sudden more frequently??

BuilderBill
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
starting tonight my 07 is hitting the rev limiter on 1-2 shifts pretty frequently- 2 out of 3 times froma dead stop... sucks. I wonder why it's happening all of a sudden more frequently??

Timster...hate it, thats what mine did, now it is every WOT shift. Sorry, seems very predictable now. We will solve it soon!
Bill

Razorecko
02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Razorecko
There is a certain issue with the 2007 Gc Srt8's where the trans wont kickdown between 20-30mph at WOT, and will just bog. I have heard there will be a TSB soon for this but i just wanted to verify if thats true ?

Also PCM update PN 5030307 AD is a recent update and it seems to be related to when the fan turns on - anymore details to this pcm ?

Originally Posted by SRTengineers
Thanks
Just after 25MPH, the 3-1 downshift is forced to a 3-2 downshift to allow the processor enough calculation time to upshift successfully at 6000 rpm

This was the goofy reply i got from them when i asked about the kickdown issue - its like they didnt understand what i was saying - and by the time i could clarify it again the chat was over

BuilderBill
02-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Razorecko
There is a certain issue with the 2007 Gc Srt8's where the trans wont kickdown between 20-30mph at WOT, and will just bog. I have heard there will be a TSB soon for this but i just wanted to verify if thats true ?

Also PCM update PN 5030307 AD is a recent update and it seems to be related to when the fan turns on - anymore details to this pcm ?

Originally Posted by SRTengineers
Thanks
Just after 25MPH, the 3-1 downshift is forced to a 3-2 downshift to allow the processor enough calculation time to upshift successfully at 6000 rpm

This was the goofy reply i got from them when i asked about the kickdown issue - its like they didnt understand what i was saying - and by the time i could clarify it again the chat was over
I saw that!!!!!!!!!
I don't like that revision AD I just received. Yes, I swear the fan operates differently, it never came on at 200* and back to 185* during some conditions. The problem is the 3-1, 3-2 shift deal feels like sh** now at 26+ mph. It will not kick all the way down and bogs like hell. I can't recommend this re-flash. Mine used to kick from 3-1 at this speed in drive. I would not rush out and have your PCM re-programmed to AD. You had a Great question to the engineers. Makes me VERY uneasy about getting the TCM re-flashed to AH!
Bill

Razorecko
02-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I saw that!!!!!!!!!
I don't like that revision AD I just received. Yes, I swear the fan operates differently, it never came on at 200* and back to 185* during some conditions. The problem is the 3-1, 3-2 shift deal feels like sh** now at 26+ mph. It will not kick all the way down and bogs like hell. I can't recommend this re-flash. Mine used to kick from 3-1 at this speed in drive. I would not rush out and have your PCM re-programmed to AD. You had a Great question to the engineers. Makes me VERY uneasy about getting the TCM re-flashed to AH!
Bill

I actually brought the Ad revision up to the dealer today when i got my oil change and they said they saw nothing come up under that part number for my vin/vehicle build date of 09/06. - But yea I know what you mean also on the 3-1 shift because sometimes at third i'll hit the gas and it will just launch from first like a beast, sometimes it will kickdown to second and thats fine and than sometimes it'll bog and just wont shift at all. I wish they would just make a solid shift point setup for the trans thats 100% consistent.

OurZoo
02-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I thought you were going to be the first of us to do the AH reflash Bill!

BuilderBill
02-24-2007, 04:52 AM
I thought you were going to be the first of us to do the AH reflash Bill!
After the PCM re-flash last week, I am going to research exactly what they changed to eliminate the hesitation before proceeding with the TCM "AH" rev. I do not want to have to buy another TCM and change it out because the change they made was to the shift point rpm to eliminate the rev limiter induced hesitation.
I have a new converter ordered from Mopar Superstore in Charleston, SC ( 3 hours from Charlotte) and they will install it when it arrives next week. I will see how much effect this has on the overall shifting.
Bill

timster
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
as for the kickdown issues - try putting it in second, in autostick, at 25, and floor it. it takes a while for it to get going at this speed, and in this gear... - so I was wondering if this is the bog you guys are noticing when in Drive? or is the bog in 3rd?

timster
02-24-2007, 10:58 AM
took my truck out again and the hesitation is now gone... weird. maybe it needed to get warmed up a bit

BuilderBill
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
as for the kickdown issues - try putting it in second, in autostick, at 25, and floor it. it takes a while for it to get going at this speed, and in this gear... - so I was wondering if this is the bog you guys are noticing when in Drive? or is the bog in 3rd?
Ok with the new PCM '07 flash
In drive at 20 to 25 mph it will kickdown from 3-2. It used to kickdown from 3-1 pre-new flash. The JGC Hemi is not the strongest vehicle out there from a 2000 rpm pull.It will not bother me much, at the drags it is from a dead stop obviously and this issue is never encountered. I stopped the street racing years ago so it won't matter there either.

Bill

BuilderBill
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone have the TCM re-flashed on the '07 yet?
I probably need to do it and order a stocker just in case!
Bill

slow91
03-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone have the TCM re-flashed on the '07 yet?

My '07 "bogs" between the 1st and 2nd shift and came real close to the RL so I let out of the throttle.

Mentioned this to the service manager yesterday. They have no clue what I'm talking about. Is there anything I can print out and take in to the service department??

BuilderBill
03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
That is the exact problem!
Have them re-flash the TCM to "AH". They will see it when they hook up the computer.
Bill

slow91
03-24-2007, 10:01 AM
That is the exact problem!
Have them re-flash the TCM to "AH". They will see it when they hook up the computer.
Bill

Thanks for the info......:cool:

JNK328
03-26-2007, 11:05 AM
My dealer in NJ is telling me that there is no TCM "AH" out yet? Is he full of Sh**? Has anyone had it done yet?

Squilly D
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
My dealer in NJ is telling me that there is no TCM "AH" out yet? Is he full of Sh**? Has anyone had it done yet?
I called my dealer here in Houston and was told there has not been a release. Anyone else tried and had any luck? These delays are becoming frustrating.

BuilderBill
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I called my dealer here in Houston and was told there has not been a release. Anyone else tried and had any luck? These delays are becoming frustrating.
I believe the only way they can tell (according to my dealer) is to hook up the star scan and see what updates are available per serial number.
Bill

Squilly D
03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
When I called them they asked for the last seven digits of my vin. The dealer said they used those numbers to look up my car to see if there were any updates. I believe they did look it up because he read back to me my entire vin number, not just the digits I gave him. I think I will call another dealer here in town to see if I get the same answer.

capitalst
04-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok I need help. I just had my SRT8 over at Champion Jeep in Barrington, IL and asked them to update my TCM to the AH and they told me they couldn't find any TSB for it. Can someone give me something I can provide like a number or something they can referance since everyone else seems to have no issues with the dealer finding it? Thanks

BuilderBill
04-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok I need help. I just had my SRT8 over at Champion Jeep in Barrington, IL and asked them to update my TCM to the AH and they told me they couldn't find any TSB for it. Can someone give me something I can provide like a number or something they can referance since everyone else seems to have no issues with the dealer finding it? Thanks
Damn, according to the SRT engineers, this was out as an update months ago NOT A TSB. I will check it out with my dealer next Monday when I am back in Charlotte. Oh brother.http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif
Bill

OurZoo
04-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I haven't seen anyone get AH yet. I've actually been patiently or not so patiently waiting to hear an update from you Bill?

BuilderBill
04-10-2007, 05:17 AM
I haven't seen anyone get AH yet. I've actually been patiently or not so patiently waiting to hear an update from you Bill?
Ok, I admit, I have been slow to pull the trigger on this one. Next week I will schedule it. I may order a spare at the same time.
Bill

JTSRT
04-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm in the same boat, I have mine checked everytime I am in the shop and nothing yet. The person I deal with shows me all the updates and info on her computer while she is looking for it. Hence, I don't know where all she looks OR if there are other areas (such as non TSB) but she seems to be genuinely looking for me.

OurZoo
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok, I admit, I have been slow to pull the trigger on this one. Next week I will schedule it. I may order a spare at the same time.
Bill

Your dealership claims to have the update?

promo718
04-10-2007, 09:45 AM
i think the 07 tcm update is an urban myth.

BuilderBill
04-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Ok...for all of us chickens with the '07's:
I have ordered a NEW TCM from the dealership it is "AG" revision. The new TCM (and PCM) should be delivered and installed later next week. I will have them update it to the latest available update, I believe which is "AH". That may be a good question for tonight's chat. BTW, it takes the Parts Manager to call Chrysler to authorize ordering the TCM or PCM. They must think we might modify them or something!!Hmmmm, what is BuilderBill up to, ordering and installing a stock TCM & PCM and removing the existing units? What good are the existing units???? HA.
Bill

cobrakid
04-18-2007, 11:17 AM
...let me get this straight, so there are 2 seperate hook ups to "mess" with stuff.

The actual computer port, like a Ford flasher hooks to for diagnosis or tuning?

....and a TCM traction control module seperate unit.

So if the dealer just hooks into my TCM, then technically he can't "mess" up
my factory computer tune, b/c with 12.85s stock, I am pretty dam happy.
I wouldn't want to get greedy trying to fix the tranny problem and slow the
Jeep down. That would suck!

thanks....

BuilderBill
04-18-2007, 11:22 AM
...let me get this straight, so there are 2 seperate hook ups to "mess" with stuff.

The actual computer port, like a Ford flasher hooks to for diagnosis or tuning?

....and a TCM traction control module seperate unit.

So if the dealer just hooks into my TCM, then technically he can't "mess" up
my factory computer tune, b/c with 12.85s stock, I am pretty dam happy.
I wouldn't want to get greedy trying to fix the tranny problem and slow the
Jeep down. That would suck!

thanks....
WRONGO!!!!!
When they last searched a few weeks ago for updates on mine, they found a PCM update and re-flashed the damn thing! It sucked!
BE SPECIFIC! Don't let them update your '07 PCM at this time.
Bill

cobrakid
04-18-2007, 12:11 PM
....but what I saying Bill was.....

He only hooks into the TCM, not the PCM?
You put "wrongo" so I am thinking they are just flashable by the same port?

...so only the TCM "part" of the program gets adjusted?

He will listen to me, if I tell him to "NOT!" update the PCM, just the TCM?
This is possible, right?

thanks....

Dareu
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
hey i hope it all work out

BuilderBill
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
....but what I saying Bill was.....

He only hooks into the TCM, not the PCM?
You put "wrongo" so I am thinking they are just flashable by the same port?

...so only the TCM "part" of the program gets adjusted?

He will listen to me, if I tell him to "NOT!" update the PCM, just the TCM?
This is possible, right?

thanks.... Cobra....Yes just tell him the TCM. You are not interested in the new update for the PCM.

cobrakid
04-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll post info tomorrow afternoon.

Hoping I can actually get the AH re-cal.

This guy is pretty slick, so we'll see.

cobrakid
04-19-2007, 01:23 PM
..............there is NO"AH" new TCM calibration at this time.

I watched the whole process, my Jeep is an "AE"

However, the tech was cool, and they really liked my SRT8 Jeep.

He said he will check the online Mopar link, they have, with my info and
will let me know as soon as the AH is available. He said the live real time
site is up to date and he seemed very cool about the whole thing.

.....I was a little concerned last night, when I reviewed the SRT live
forum with an SRT guy.....and he eluded to the fact, no update yet, if
I read it correctly.

The tech kinda also thought that there might be an "AF" & "AG" update
first?

I will post as soon as I get info myself.......I told him I wasn't fond of the idea
of spending $600-$850 for a custom re-flash/new computer & flash. He agreed.

highdollar
04-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Could this not be resolved by having a pcm reflashed with a higher rev limit?

highdollar
05-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I have the AH, and it dosent work.{Im sad to say}

Jtrain
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
WOW- I thought it was just because I had an intake / im used to my G's tranny being spot on and was expecting to much out of a stock tranny.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Bickity
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I have a question on this... I went in to have my 06 TCM flashed specifically so autostick mode would upshift @ redline. They applied the flash, now I have the issue you all have and it still will not upshift in auto stick.

I am correct in saying that anything post TSB 21-020-06 will change the behaivor of autostick, right? Dealer has submitted to Chrysler, and they came back with "thier is nothing that can be done if on the latest flash".

Blown7
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Bringing this back from the dead a year later just to see how far but yet near we have come on the TCM stuff.
That waiting for Chrysler to help out is like waiting for foundation seal to dry (it never does)

I'm having excellent results going backwards to a AB TCM and hacking that calibration (the one before the automatic upshift before Rev AD)

It seems the earlier calibration is easier to modify.
And doesn't modify as many adaptives.

Anyone still running the older calibration?

promo718
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Bringing this back from the dead a year later just to see how far but yet near we have come on the TCM stuff.
That waiting for Chrysler to help out is like waiting for foundation seal to dry (it never does)

I'm having excellent results going backwards to a AB TCM and hacking that calibration (the one before the automatic upshift before Rev AD)

is there a way to find out what tcm version we have without using starscan?

Blown7
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
is there a way to find out what tcm version we have without using starscan?

I don't think so...:confused:

promo718
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
ok i'll swing by so you can check mine then :D

Blown7
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
ok i'll swing by so you can check mine then :D

I can do that!

cmn1
03-12-2009, 03:00 PM

I still have not done the update. Still need to shift at redline.

steve06010
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I hate to bring back old posts but has anyone had any success with the "AH" TCM reflash??

I bought my 07 in the end of October (09) and am suffering this hesitation problem.

I need help because I can't stand it anymore.

BTW Blown7, I grew up in Brooklyn, CT.

CustomCaddys
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM
i swear by it to this day.. i kept a VERY close eye on performance in the beginning and the AH update from the dealer on my 06 added ~.4 to my 0-60. there HAD to be less TM.

i would have much rather kept the autotap shift lag.

Blown7
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
I hate to bring back old posts but has anyone had any success with the "AH" TCM reflash??

I bought my 07 in the end of October (09) and am suffering this hesitation problem.

I need help because I can't stand it anymore.

BTW Blown7, I grew up in Brooklyn, CT.

I think Bills valve body would be a better mod, check your PM's.

BuilderBill
02-05-2010, 06:28 AM
I think Bills valve body would be a better mod, check your PM's.

Thanks Jeff!
Hope you are doing well Buddy.
Not much time to post anymore...these guys keep me pretty busy.:)
Bill

Blown7
02-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Thanks Jeff!
Hope you are doing well Buddy.
Not much time to post anymore...these guys keep me pretty busy.:)
Bill

Hanging in there my friend, I'm testing a way to basically turn the FDCM off and run the Jeep in 2 WD mode and with ABS/ESP disabled without having to remove the motor or pull a fuse and with any MIL lights..

I bet these guys keep you busy :)

BuilderBill
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Hanging in there my friend, I'm testing a way to basically turn the FDCM off and run the Jeep in 2 WD mode and with ABS/ESP disabled without having to remove the motor or pull a fuse and with any MIL lights..

I bet these guys keep you busy :)

Jeff...
That would be huge & it would save their transfer cases.
Bill

Blown7
02-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Jeff...
That would be huge & it would save their transfer cases.
Bill

Plus with DR's and ESP off you could launch with a front wheel lift and not go limp :p

cmn1
02-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Plus with DR's and ESP off you could launch with a front wheel lift and not go limp :p

Is this another perk of the tuner that is supposed to be coming out? If so, is that thing ever going to be ready?

af_maineiac
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM

Jeff - you're such a visionary! I love reading your posts because I never know what you're gonna come up with next...

...plus I just LOVE your avatar! :D

Blown7
02-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Is this another perk of the tuner that is supposed to be coming out? If so, is that thing ever going to be ready?

This year, just finishing up all theCan Bus communication.

Remember this will be pretty much plug and play, no other system is like it.
Motec comes close, if you have $25K or more to spend, and that system still isn't plug and play ask Jected. Or have standard options like being able to turn the Transfer Case off and on at wil, or TCM tuning l. I'm still working on fully eliminating the vehicles 4 torque management varients out of the ABS Brake module.(Oh yea, tuners don't mention that do they? Or the TCM sees implausable data and requests lower parameters. Or the ABS can request torque management?)
People only think the PCM and TCM does. The Final Drive module does also (the case of the bent shifter rods in the high HP applications nowcomes to mind).
Pulling fuses doesn't work, it sets more lost communication codes and torque management steps in anyways.......

Doesn't matter if you put 1000 HP+ in these Jeeps, all that power isn't getting to the wheels unless all the electronics are satisfied.

I may have gone quicker time wise but those SRT engineers just don't want to help LOL!

Blown7
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh yea BTW I just recenetly found out the Varient Codes for the TCM are broadcast by the FCM and people wonder why TCM tuning sometimes just doesn't take,,,,,,,

You can tune the TCM all you want but if the FCM is shouting out the TCM Varient Code.....
your paying for nothing.

cmn1
02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
This year, just finishing up all theCan Bus communication.

Remember this will be pretty much plug and play, no other system is like it.
Motec comes close, if you have $25K or more to spend, and that system still isn't plug and play ask Jected. Or have standard options like being able to turn the Transfer Case off and on at wil, or TCM tuning l. I'm still working on fully eliminating the vehicles 4 torque management varients out of the ABS Brake module.(Oh yea, tuners don't mention that do they? Or the TCM sees implausable data and requests lower parameters. Or the ABS can request torque management?)
People only think the PCM and TCM does. The Final Drive module does also (the case of the bent shifter rods in the high HP applications nowcomes to mind).
Pulling fuses doesn't work, it sets more lost communication codes and torque management steps in anyways.......

Doesn't matter if you put 1000 HP+ in these Jeeps, all that power isn't getting to the wheels unless all the electronics are satisfied.

It may have gone quicker time wise but those SRT engineers just don't want to help LOL!

Well I hope it works out for all the time you and UV have put into it.

WIKDWS6
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
So from what I understand, if I get the AH Update on my 06, I can put it in Autostick Mode and the truck will upshift by itself instead of hitting the rev limited? But, the down side is I can't upshift by myself? Can you still downshift? Does this cost anything if your out of warrenty?

Guys that have done this, are you happy with how the trans shifts now?

Thanks guys.

cmn1
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
So from what I understand, if I get the AH Update on my 06, I can put it in Autostick Mode and the truck will upshift by itself instead of hitting the rev limited? But, the down side is I can't upshift by myself? Can you still downshift? Does this cost anything if your out of warrenty?

Guys that have done this, are you happy with how the trans shifts now?

Thanks guys.

You can still up-shift but if you don't do it in time it will do it by itself.

WIKDWS6
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok, thanks. So would you recommend this update? Do the dealers typically know what your talking about?

Also, did the update mess up your MHP PCM tune?

cmn1
02-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Ok, thanks. So would you recommend this update? Do the dealers typically know what your talking about?

Also, did the update mess up your MHP PCM tune?

I never had it done. Some people liked it, some didn't. This TSB came out before there was even a Diablo or an MHP tune. Go to the tsb section of www.wkjeeps.com to find the tsb# and tell your dealer about it. I would definitely make sure you have your stock tune in there before you go asking for it.

WIKDWS6
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Got it thanks:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2102006.pdf

cmn1
02-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Got it thanks:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2102006.pdf

Yep .