Pro Torque Install... [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Pro Torque Install...

live4skins
01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Coming soon!!! I just ordered my 2800 stall torque converter from Joe Rivera at Pro Torque.
Should be here at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Told Joe that I will be installing it as soon as it arrives. Friends over at FCCT are going to do the install for me. *Ferrari Custom Car and Truck" in Sterling, Va.

I know Srg. Stanko and a few others got it done, gonna see what the butt o meter feels like after the install.

I'll keep you guys updated with pictures and information as it becomes available! *fingers crossed* can't wait! :D

Thanks Joe!

BBLV
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Let us know all the details, i.e. install hours/price.

kramsay1234
01-24-2007, 11:55 AM
All that info is useful too, but we want to know how well it works! :D

________
ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

live4skins
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Will do...the above. Also let you guys know how it works :D

turbo_neon
02-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Huge bump!

I have this TC sitting in my garage and some tool told me $1500 for install?!

Let me know how much you guys paid and if its worth ($2300!? tc and install)

veyronSRT8@TTCreations
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Coming soon!!! I just ordered my 2800 stall torque converter from Joe Rivera at Pro Torque.
Should be here at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Told Joe that I will be installing it as soon as it arrives. Friends over at FCCT are going to do the install for me. *Ferrari Custom Car and Truck" in Sterling, Va.

I know Srg. Stanko and a few others got it done, gonna see what the butt o meter feels like after the install.

I'll keep you guys updated with pictures and information as it becomes available! *fingers crossed* can't wait! :D

Thanks Joe!

hopefully that isnt your only mod??? definitely not needed if that is the case..or so i have heard.

turbo_neon
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
hopefully that isnt your only mod??? definitely not needed if that is the case..or so i have heard.

we will see because it is my first mod!

veyronSRT8@TTCreations
02-23-2008, 12:14 PM
nice. it would be cool to know if it works well. ;)

Patrick G
02-23-2008, 07:37 PM
You do realize that our factory torque converters stall 3000 rpm don't you?

turbo_neon
02-24-2008, 01:40 AM
ill let everyone know once i get it installed

Mango
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I remember reading that there is no real benefit to doing this.....didn't someone say that?

Jtrain
02-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I just had my VB / Torque converter changed out on my G35 and it was about 700$ with new fluids. about 500ish in labor.

Not sure if that helps- but should give you an idea.

turbo_neon
02-28-2008, 12:24 AM
thanks a lot man, thats also what my guy quoted me (500) I think im going to change all of the fluids (tranny , rear end, t case) to royal purple or some sort of high performance synthetic fluid.

Whats yalls opinion on changing the fluids to all synthetic (royal purple)at the same time? Recommend anything special? Or any other good tips or things to do while im in there torn down. . . any input would be appreciated!

Jake

BuilderBill
02-28-2008, 04:47 AM
thanks a lot man, thats also what my guy quoted me (500) I think im going to change all of the fluids (tranny , rear end, t case) to royal purple or some sort of high performance synthetic fluid.

Whats yalls opinion on changing the fluids to all synthetic (royal purple)at the same time? Recommend anything special? Or any other good tips or things to do while im in there torn down. . . any input would be appreciated!

Jake
Ok Jake....my Take:
Rear Differential:

Good idea with the Royal Purple now that the gears are worn in.NAG1 Transmission:

Use ONLY the Mopar fluid. It was specially designed for the friction clutches and has the expansion rate (HUGE) needed for this unit. DON'T put in Royal Purple. Also, be VERY careful to put the correct amount of Mopar Trans. fluid in. You need a "test" dipstick and you need you be able to read the trans. fluid temp.in drive (a dashhawk will work). If you put in too little or too much you WILL smoke the friction clutches due to cavitation. Too little fluid causes air to be picked up in the filter, too much fluid causes air by churning the fluid with the gears, even though there is a float to help prevent this.Transfer case:

Good idea to change fluid. However, the friction clutches are very touchy and you should ONLY use the CLEAR Mopar fluid made for this transfer case. DON'T put in the Royal Purple.Hope this helps!:)
Bill

turbo_neon
02-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Wow! I really am glad i asked before i just we ahead and put it in. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that. Do you know the weight that i would use off the top of your head (in royal purple) ? Any other tips or things i should do when im under there?

Thanks again
Jake

BuilderBill
02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
In the Rear diff (after the gears are worn in):
Royal Purple SAE 75W-90
Exceeds GL-4 & GL-5
Bill

SilveRT8
03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
In the Rear diff (after the gears are worn in):
Royal Purple SAE 75W-90
Exceeds GL-4 & GL-5
Bill

As always, I'm impressed by your knowledge Bill!

BuilderBill
03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
As always, I'm impressed by your knowledge Bill!
Haaa,
I have screwed up so much stuff in my day you eventually learn the correct way.
Hope you are doing well Claude!
Bill

SilveRT8
03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Haaa,
I have screwed up so much stuff in my day you eventually learn the correct way.
Hope you are doing well Claude!
Bill

Thanks Bill,
Yes, all systems are GO!
Claude

pjvreede
03-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Bill:

I thought 75W-140 was spec'd for the front and rear diff. Does it matter if we use 75W-90 instead?

Pieter

highdollar
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, what PJ just said..

YoungMedic23
03-30-2008, 04:33 PM
So what were the results of the Torque converter install?

turbo_neon
03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
I returned it because i got scared. . . im going to do headers first and still sit on the TC.