Performance Parts for SRT8 UK owners [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Performance Parts for SRT8 UK owners

MARK16
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I've been looking for performance parts for my Jeep - specifically a CAI and a CB exhaust.

I would like to go for the MOPAR solution (in both cases) but am having trouble sourcing them. Corsaperf.com will do the Mopar CAT-back with a fairly reasonable $145 shipping.

B&B will do their exhaust for $200 shipping (tbyrnemotorsports.com charge $469 for the same system !)

Any one have any other suggestions and/or contacts in the UK.

Mark

SOUTHERNHOTROD
01-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm sure your Jeep is right hand drive? Could you get a picture of the engine bay, and under the rear...around the exhaust?

MARK16
01-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes it is RHD.

I have attached the shots as requested.

Mark

borracho
01-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Hi Mark
Have you been driving in the sea??!!! It all looks a bit brown under there ...
I'm getting my SRT8 in March and was going to get in touch with Stockill about parts. You've probably tried - can't we get this stuff from any UK dealers?

MARK16
01-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Mark
Have you been driving in the sea??!!! It all looks a bit brown under there ...
I'm getting my SRT8 in March and was going to get in touch with Stockill about parts. You've probably tried - can't we get this stuff from any UK dealers?
The sea nearly - with all this rain we've been having. All the country lanes are full of mud and water - and yes there's still a hosepipe ban here !!! (so I can't get my jet wash underneath) My local dealer does not want to know about getting any Mopar performance parts. The only mod I've made is the drop in K&N filter which gives a little more response on the throttle.

There are a couple of 'American' ******s that do get bit's and pieces but not the specific bits I'm after.

Ask me again when you get your SRT8. Any way once you've had it a couple of months you might ask the question - WHY DO IN NEED MORE !!

Mark

borracho
01-19-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm sure that's right. I'll definitely get back to you when I'm sorted.
The hosepipe ban here has just been lifted - useful as I actually live by the sea!

MARK16
01-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Finally got around to ordering the B&B exhaust for my SRT8.

Thanks to those VERY nice people at Southern HodRod !

kramsay1234
01-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Do you have the B&B on yet Mark? If so, how is the sound? Hopefully fairly unoticeable under normal driving and comes alive under WOT....?
________
Best Way To Use Iolite Vaporizer (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

kramsay1234
01-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Also, get under there while they are installing it and put another coat of black paint on the frame rails, etc. It saddens me to see that "brown stuff" - does not match the silver at all!
________
Reg Parnell (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Reg_Parnell)