Performance Parts for SRT8 UK owners [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Performance Parts for SRT8 UK owners

MARK16
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I've been looking for performance parts for my Jeep - specifically a CAI and a CB exhaust.

I would like to go for the MOPAR solution (in both cases) but am having trouble sourcing them. Corsaperf.com will do the Mopar CAT-back with a fairly reasonable $145 shipping.

B&B will do their exhaust for $200 shipping (tbyrnemotorsports.com charge $469 for the same system !)

Any one have any other suggestions and/or contacts in the UK.

Mark

SOUTHERNHOTROD
01-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm sure your Jeep is right hand drive? Could you get a picture of the engine bay, and under the rear...around the exhaust?

MARK16
01-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Yes it is RHD.

I have attached the shots as requested.

Mark

borracho
01-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Hi Mark
Have you been driving in the sea??!!! It all looks a bit brown under there ...
I'm getting my SRT8 in March and was going to get in touch with Stockill about parts. You've probably tried - can't we get this stuff from any UK dealers?

MARK16
01-19-2007, 03:07 AM
Hi Mark
Have you been driving in the sea??!!! It all looks a bit brown under there ...
I'm getting my SRT8 in March and was going to get in touch with Stockill about parts. You've probably tried - can't we get this stuff from any UK dealers?
The sea nearly - with all this rain we've been having. All the country lanes are full of mud and water - and yes there's still a hosepipe ban here !!! (so I can't get my jet wash underneath) My local dealer does not want to know about getting any Mopar performance parts. The only mod I've made is the drop in K&N filter which gives a little more response on the throttle.

There are a couple of 'American' garages that do get bit's and pieces but not the specific bits I'm after.

Ask me again when you get your SRT8. Any way once you've had it a couple of months you might ask the question - WHY DO IN NEED MORE !!

Mark

borracho
01-19-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm sure that's right. I'll definitely get back to you when I'm sorted.
The hosepipe ban here has just been lifted - useful as I actually live by the sea!

MARK16
01-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Finally got around to ordering the B&B exhaust for my SRT8.

Thanks to those VERY nice people at Southern HodRod !

kramsay1234
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Do you have the B&B on yet Mark? If so, how is the sound? Hopefully fairly unoticeable under normal driving and comes alive under WOT....?
________
Best Way To Use Iolite Vaporizer (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

kramsay1234
01-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Also, get under there while they are installing it and put another coat of black paint on the frame rails, etc. It saddens me to see that "brown stuff" - does not match the silver at all!
________
Reg Parnell (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Reg_Parnell)