GSM ESP/Fan Mod [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM ESP/Fan Mod

TX SRT8
04-26-2006, 08:19 PM
I installed the ESP/Fan Mod from GS motorsports today and it's great. You can disable the ESP totally but the down side is the ABS is also disabled. When you disable the ESP with the Mod you realize how much the computer intrudes on aggressive driving. I can burn out as long as I want, I can get sideways on dry pavement, and I leave a 5 foot rubber mark just flooring the gas. I had it in first at about 20 mph and floored it and spun out. It may not be as fast with the ESP off but its fun. I will time some runs with it and let you know.

I still need to hook up the fan mod part.

goldsgym
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
How hard was it to install?

Jerod
04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
When are you posting the video? Hint, hint :)

ARH1956
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
How hard was it to install?For the ESP part of the mod alone it takes about 45 minutes to read the instructions, run the wire, find the abs wire to cut, mount the switch & splice the connection. You will have to run one small wire harness from under the dash to under the hood through a boot in the firewall. Overall it is an extremely easy install. Just be certain you splice into the LIGHT BLUE wire with a PINK stripe, not the Dark Blue wire with the pink stripe at the ABS harness under the hood.

2MCHPSI
04-27-2006, 12:35 AM
I still must be missing something. I pull the ABS Pump fuse under the hood and STILL do not have the ability to "burn out". What do you guys run your tire pressure at? 50 PSI? The most I get is a small "chirp."

TX SRT8
04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
No, I run 36 psi. But im using the GSM fan mod, not pulling a fuse. When you pull the fuse what warning lights do you get? There should be three if its disabling everything the mod is. The esp abs, abs, and traction control.

radduc
04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
does thos mod trigger any errors that the dealer will know about??

2MCHPSI
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
One thing I noticed today, the truck will not break the tires loose when approached form a break-torque method (foot on brake, fott on gas, let go of brake) but when I just simply use 1 foot and move my right foot from the brake to the gas pedal it chirps and goes. Now I am going over everything in my head formthe track yesterday, and I dont think I launched the car once from a single foot method (the 3 pedal pro in me).

SRTJeep
04-28-2006, 03:44 AM
This mod does set a trouble code in the PCM and probably pulling the fuse. A better way is to trick the PCM w/o any codes. I'm working on doing this now? You'll lose traction at the drag strip but pickup on the mph in the 1/4! You'll need a scan tool to remove any trouble codes or big brother may void the warranty? Be careful? MHO Gene

sam@amelectric
09-17-2009, 12:00 PM
This mod does set a trouble code in the PCM and probably pulling the fuse. A better way is to trick the PCM w/o any codes. I'm working on doing this now? You'll lose traction at the drag strip but pickup on the mph in the 1/4! You'll need a scan tool to remove any trouble codes or big brother may void the warranty? Be careful? MHO Gene

I have the same ESP/Fan mod, I am now showing a ESP and traction light with the switch off and when the switch is on it adds the ABS light to the the other 2. Does this mean I have a blown fuse?????? Or is it something else??

sam@amelectric
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I have the same ESP/Fan mod, I am now showing a ESP and traction light with the switch off and when the switch is on it adds the ABS light to the the other 2. Does this mean I have a blown fuse?????? Or is it something else??

have the same ESP/Fan mod, I am now showing a ESP and traction light with the switch off and when the switch is on it adds the ABS light to the the other 2. Does this mean I have a blown fuse?????? Or is it something else?? Anybody????????

CentralTexHemi
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
That or you have fried your transfer case