GCSRT8 Header Options?? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GCSRT8 Header Options??

BBLV
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Is Kooks still the only company making headers/hiflow cats for the Jeep SRT8? I wish Dynatech and/or Stainless Works would bring an offering to market.

It sucks when a single company offers a mod because there is no competition. We need some pricing competition! $1700 for headers is a bit steep IMO.

SRT8
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
No other yet, but Stainless is working on it. Don't we wish we could get headers at this price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-Dodge-Ram-5-7L-Hemi-Long-Tube-Exhaust-Headers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ010QQ itemZ200064854580QQrdZ1

HoustonSRT-8
01-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Speaking of exhaust, I e-mailed Bassani a few weeks ago asking if they had anything in the works, but they just ignored me....

MjrCarNut
01-09-2007, 02:04 AM
It would be nice for a wider range of Header options, but Kooks is one of the top leading companies that makes Headers,, (Quality)..
I'm also wanting to hear Bassani's on this Jeep. may just have to have someone go weld them up to see...

BBLV
01-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Will adding headers/hiflow cats with a stock catback system make it any/much louder?

BBLV
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone have any video clips this?

SRT8
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Will adding headers/hiflow cats with a stock catback system make it any/much louder?
I'm guessing only a little. I would do the whole system if I was doing headers. I have the Mopar/Corsa(love it) & am thinking about headers also, but I'm very conserned about losing low end tq.

generalconfusion
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
It would be nice for a wider range of Header options, but Kooks is one of the top leading companies that makes Headers,, (Quality)..
I'm also wanting to hear Bassani's on this Jeep. may just have to have someone go weld them up to see...

Look at the blue site. Bazzani race cores were used during the exhaust testing I did with and with out X pipe. They are obnoxiously loud like Zoomers. They do not and will probably not offer anything for the Jeep or any other DCX product.

sgtstanko dyno tests is where you'll see photos and dyno results.

I have the Kooks and Corsa now.....be prepared for a check engine light that there is no solution for at this time.......because of the headers.

SRT8
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Look at the blue site. Bazzani race cores were used during the exhaust testing I did with and with out X pipe. They are obnoxiously loud like Zoomers. They do not and will probably not offer anything for the Jeep or any other DCX product.

I have the Kooks and Corsa now.....be prepared for a check engine light that there is no solution for at this time.......because of the headers.
gen/sgt do you gain or lose low end (streetable) tq w/adding the headers?

GotStroke?
01-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I drop my Jeep off at Stainless Works in two weeks for prototype fitment for their new complete exhaust. I'll post pics and dyno resuts as soon as they're available.

rainmaker
01-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Hey General,

Do you still have your stock headers?

generalconfusion
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
gen/sgt do you gain or lose low end (streetable) tq w/adding the headers?

Added in my case. The Corsa/Mopar was a significant midrange torque increase. The seat of the pants feel was a kick in overall performance....you just have to be prepared to live with the check engine light on.

generalconfusion
01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey General,

Do you still have your stock headers?

Yes....I have the entire stock exhaust.

generalconfusion
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I drop my Jeep off at Stainless Works in two weeks for prototype fitment for their new complete exhaust. I'll post pics and dyno resuts as soon as they're available.

Stroke keep us informed......Im interested to see you get the infamous CEL.

HoustonSRT-8
01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
They do not and will probably not offer anything for the Jeep or any other DCX product.

Does Bassani not like DCX?

SRT8
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Does Bassani not like DCX?
It seems they don't make anything for the GC, though we do have several options in catbacks just not headers(yet).
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Mopar/mopar.html