New TCM [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: New TCM

SRTJeep
12-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Folks just what I said these are Mopar's not special or unique to any Vendor! Don't waste your money on these as my Dealer installed it under Warranty, FREE! It works on all the SRT8 Transmissions and pending TSB will be published 12/22 according to my source. I have been using it since Sept. and it really wakes up your transmission shifts, no more hesitation etc. SRT ENG Chat Session Explains. Gene

OurZoo
12-14-2006, 02:06 AM
What exactly does it fix as I haven't noticed an issue yet on mine?

SRTJeep
12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
What exactly does it fix as I haven't noticed an issue yet on mine? Exactly what I posted, a severe 1-2 shift hesitation, sluggish other responses. Mine did it from new and only at the Drag Strip at the top of 1st gear. This TCM is a standard Mopar Part. Gene

ibbigc
12-14-2006, 12:51 PM
From the 300cSRT8 chat session:

Originally Posted by SRT8Mopar
Will the TSB for shift lag also be available to the SRT8 GrandCherokee(WK)? Thanks.

No. The Grand Cherokee has a completely different transmission cal.

Looks like we will still be waiting for an upgrade.

barho
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I just looked through the chat session, and still no TSB for the WK SRT 1-2 shift hessitation. I particularly was not very happy with the answer they gave when someone asked if they were going to come out with a TSB.

"We are always looking for ways to better the performance of our SRT products"

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!

SRT8
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
From the 300cSRT8 chat session:

Originally Posted by SRT8Mopar
Will the TSB for shift lag also be available to the SRT8 GrandCherokee(WK)? Thanks.

No. The Grand Cherokee has a completely different transmission cal.

Looks like we will still be waiting for an upgrade.

That was me.(couldn't get the same screen name as here) I asked twice & was told that the TSB was only for the LX's. There was no mention of a current fix.

danman_s
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I just looked through the chat session, and still no TSB for the WK SRT 1-2 shift hessitation. I particularly was not very happy with the answer they gave when someone asked if they were going to come out with a TSB.

"We are always looking for ways to better the performance of our SRT products"

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!

We Jeep owners seem to be getting screwed, I'm still waiting for a brake TSB because my front rotors are just about finished.

SRT8
12-14-2006, 09:14 PM
We Jeep owners seem to be getting screwed, I'm still waiting for a brake TSB because my front rotors are just about finished.
The SRT Eng commented an inquiry about a possible TSB on the GC brakes, stating that there was none & they are working w/Brembo about the noise & that the wear we are seeing is normal.

teda
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
The SRT Eng commented an inquiry about a possible TSB on the GC brakes, stating that there was none & they are working w/Brembo about the noise & that the wear we are seeing is normal.

I call BS on the rotor scoring/wear being normal....If you or anyone else buys that comment (if that is what they said) I've got some oceanfront property in AZ for sale.

I seriously doubt if they or Brembo designed this rotor/pad set up to show severe signs of scoring, on many vehicles as reported here, at anywhere from 6,000 to 20,000 miles. NOT!

SRT8
12-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I call BS on the rotor scoring/wear being normal....If you or anyone else buys that comment (if that is what they said) I've got some oceanfront property in AZ for sale.

I seriously doubt if they or Brembo designed this rotor/pad set up to show severe signs of scoring, on many vehicles as reported here, at anywhere from 6,000 to 20,000 miles. NOT!
I don't have a position on the brake issue as of yet. I only have 2k miles & no problems yet. I was on the last SRT Eng session(month ago) & they said the GC brakes were perfmance pads that wouldn't last long. I may buy that, but the rotor issues are not acceptable. What would be the typical # of miles a vehicle goes until it usually need pads/rotors? My experience would be ~25-60k for pads & ~40-75k on rotors.

SRTJeep
12-15-2006, 05:58 AM
The only thing that could be said is we can't or won't have any leverage with DCX? I got this TCM information from a person that has a DCX ENG contact. My Dealer didn't question me about my source, checked the part number and it was the latest version, picked it up from another Dealer that stocked it, installed it and my test drive proved it worked. So far the results are: no more 1-2 shift hesitation, better throttle response, engine seems to make more hp, my 1/4 mile speed increased too? (haven't tested that, so a guess) Maybe my JGC is a test mule for DCX? I plan on contacting the Engs with my results. I did talk to one Eng at the Nats about this problem, he was going to ride with me if it did it again on the drag strip but it wouldn't happen? Maybe HP related as the high ambient temperature there lost performance big time. Who knows? My Warranty is still valid so if the tranny goes it will be replaced anyway. So far I'm so happy with the overall results, hell downshifts are even better. Gene PS. Some have commented that it didn't help them but they use the Traction Mod that probably deletes its change?

tainui
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
tick tock tick tock

SRTJeep
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Meanwhile the HHP TCM looks like it might the same as the package looks the same? Who knows? Price is much better than $699? I'm very happy with my results and compared to a pure stock 06 it's a whole different animal and performance wise much better. Gene