Dynamic Racing SRT-8 Heads/cam dyno [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Dynamic Racing SRT-8 Heads/cam dyno

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
well guys you asked for it, we made the trek down to the AWD dyno in El Paso today with both jeeps.

I knew people were going to ask about the MPG thing so on the way there both jeeps got up to 90 mph and set the cruise and reset the MPG trip comp. The stock heads/cam 07 got 15.5 mpg, the Heads/cam 06 got 15.2mph at 90mph.

Now about the Dyno, it’s a AWD Mustang Dyno.

1st up was the 07 base line (GSM CAI, GSM TQ/fan mod)

Dyno set to record the pull from 2500rpm to 6000rpm (found there was no point in going past 6000 rpm on the stock heads/cam at 6000 rpm the power it already starting to level off and even drop slightly)

PK AWHP 346
PK AWTQ 341

That was the best of 3 pulls

Next up was Ekools 06 (DR- heads/ cam, Dub CAI, GSM TQ/Fan mod)

1st pull Dyno still set to record from 2500rpm to 6000rpm

PK AWHP 419
PK AWTQ 413

Power was still going up when the dyno stopped recording at 6000 rpm. So we decided to do the next pull to 6100rpm, and hot lapped right back to another pull no cool down.

PK AWHP 421
PK AWTQ 417

The gain in HP from the extra gain in HP from the 100rpm was no big surprise, but the gain of 4 ft’ lb of TQ down low surprised me, I guess the thing liked the heat.

I wanted to try pulling it higher but Ekool the owner of the jeep was happy with a 75 AWHP gain! and did not want to push it any more up in the RPM, but there would for sure be more power going up some more in RPM seeing how the power is still going up at the end of the pull.

Now the best part, at 2500rpm where the pull recording starts the stock heads/cam truck is making ~285 ft/lb of TQ, the Heads/cam car is making 350!!! So this power gain is not just up top!!

The Dyno shop is going to be E-mailing us the dyno charts so we can post them most likely tomorrow. If they don’t I’ll just take a picture of these printed dyno charts and post the picture.

peek TQ stock 4700 rpm (341 awtq)
Peek TQ modded 4600rpm (417 awtq)

There is ALOT to be said for correctly ported heads were low and mid lift #'s are looked at and not just high lift #'s. We spend over 200 hrs of R&D on and off the flow bench to get exactly what we were looking for. And the best peek # we could get at a lift # that no cams for these cars have is NOT what we were looking for, unlike allot of shops I have seen

Talk about sleeper power! No headers, stock Exhaust and 75 MORE Wheel HP! This truck drives and for the most part sounds like a stock truck. I can’t wait to see what Headers/Exhaust and a tune will do.

Now remember thise are SRT-8 JEEPS with AWD and the Drive line power loss of bigger tires and AWD. I would expect to see at least 20 more RWHP on a RWD 300c or charger.

so 75 ALL WHEEL HP for $1999 (most likly ~100 at the crank)

link to pkg

http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/product.php?productid=563&cat=204&page=1

the cam is the XFI268

Stock heads/cam, GSM CAI, GSM TQ/fan mod
http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/images/c/c6/Dr-07baseline.jpg

Dynamic Racing heads/cam, Dubs CAI, GSM TQ/fan mod (pull to 6000rpm)
http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/images/d/df/Drhc-srt8p1.jpg

Dynamic Racing heads/cam, Dubs CAI, GSM TQ/fan mod (pull to 6100rpm)

http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/images/0/01/Drhc-srt8p2.jpg

BadSRT-8
12-01-2006, 10:09 AM
holy ****! nice number's!

rainmaker
12-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Agreed. Nice numbers indeed. What's area under the curve look like?

El Jefe
12-01-2006, 10:21 AM
and Mustang dynos always put down lower numbers than whats realistic. On a dynojet that thing would be putting down close to 450. Thats incredible.

Tell me theres a pic or a vid?

BadSRT-8
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
how much should we expect to pay for labor?

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Agreed. Nice numbers indeed. What's area under the curve look like?

realy good, power all the way. We should have the charts up soon.

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
how much should we expect to pay for labor?

We are Charging $1200 for install

BadSRT-8
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
does that include gaskets and other odds and ends?

El Calor
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Well guys, after our dyno day with the Jeep's all I can say is wow!! I'm not a stranger to H/C setups as for I currently have a nice H/C setup on my Z06 and ekool's Jeep just blew my away with the ease of the install and the benefits from it!! Seriously, just Heads + Cam = 75awhp increase! NO TUNE, STOCK IDLE, NO HEADERS AND NO EXHAUST WORK! I'm going to give you a second that thing about that.....

I have spent close to $7,500 on my H/C on the vette for almost the same increase :eek: and it's doesn't sound or drive anything close to stock, but that's fun in a vette :D

So, spend a bit more and get H/C insted of headers with three times the performance!

El Calor
12-01-2006, 11:24 AM
PS - I was really happy with my baseline on my 07 of 346 awhp and 341 awtq :D

Time for the modding to begin :cool:

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 11:45 AM
does that include gaskets and other odds and ends?

no, just the labor

All the needed gaskets and bolts are less then $200 from the dealer

GotStroke?
12-01-2006, 12:13 PM
and Mustang dynos always put down lower numbers than whats realistic. On a dynojet that thing would be putting down close to 450. Thats incredible.

Tell me theres a pic or a vid?

While that used to be the case it's really not true anymore. Most eddy current dyno's are now calibrated to read like Dyno Jets simply because that's what the customer wants to see. From the results of the near stock 07 tested along side EKooks jeep, this MD reads like a DJ.

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 12:45 PM
While that used to be the case it's really not true anymore. Most eddy current dyno's are now calibrated to read like Dyno Jets simply because that's what the customer wants to see. From the results of the near stock 07 tested along side EKooks jeep, this MD reads like a DJ.

you are correct, Dynos still do very from dyno to dyno. But those corrections to get "dynojet #s" are made to the software on most now days.

That’s why I wanted so badly to have a non heads/cam and the heads/cam Jeeps Dynoed on the SAME dyno the SAME day, everything els being the same. That was the “NO BS” difference between the 2 can be clearly seen.

srt8suv
12-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Great numbers guys. Keep it up..
just to confirm.. this cam does not hurt the idle? right?

GotStroke?
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM
you are correct, Dynos still do very from dyno to dyno. But those corrections to get "dynojet #s" are made to the software on most now days.

That’s why I wanted so badly to have a non heads/cam and the heads/cam Jeeps Dynoed on the SAME dyno the SAME day, everything els being the same. That was the “NO BS” difference between the 2 can be clearly seen.

Don't think i was knocking your numbers in any way, that's not how I intended my last statement. I agree with what you did, same day/same dyno, as the best case scenario.

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Don't think i was knocking your numbers in any way, that's not how I intended my last statement. I agree with what you did, same day/same dyno, as the best case scenario.

O I know:) I was just backing up your statement. You are correct. If Mustang Dyno owners choose to have them give Dyno Jet #'s, thy do

FastMatt
12-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Great numbers guys. Keep it up..
just to confirm.. this cam does not hurt the idle? right?

you can Hear the slight lump in the idle if you stand by the Exhaust pipe, but that’s about it. It's nothing that I would call "hurt" if you ask me it sounds allot cooler.

The Idle suffers for about the 1st 10 min if Idling after you FIRST start the car after the install till the ECU learns, and the 1st few time you drop it into gear it stumbles. But that’s all gone after the first trip around the block and does not come back.

This is a VERY streatable cam in the 6.1L, almost surprisingly well, makes me really want to try out the XFI273 cam in a 6.1L.

PsychoSRT8
12-01-2006, 04:29 PM
might be a dump Q but this will wave the warranty right? and i'm on a lease to buy turm, is this something that's even possible in my case?

Untouchable
12-01-2006, 05:15 PM
what they dont know cant hurt them.

just tell them thats how it runs with your k & n air filter.

Fastest H-Town Realtor
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
what they dont know cant hurt them.

just tell them thats how it runs with your k & n air filter.

Now thats just funny-I dont care who you are...:D

hound
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Great numbers guys! I have a feeling that you guys are going to be pretty busy :)

I believe you stated that the port is done by hand. How likely is it that you will be able to reproduce heads that are identical to the ones you have tested? I understand that you probably put a lot of work getting these heads perfect, but can you guarantee that each head will be of that quality?

I know many of the members here are skepical of the ablility of the stock ECU to adapt to changes. Is there any chance that you can dyno again after 500 miles or so? Does Ekool plan on doing an exhaust of any kind and will you dyno after that has been installed?

Thanks!!

FastMatt
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Great numbers guys! I have a feeling that you guys are going to be pretty busy :)

I believe you stated that the port is done by hand. How likely is it that you will be able to reproduce heads that are identical to the ones you have tested? I understand that you probably put a lot of work getting these heads perfect, but can you guarantee that each head will be of that quality?

I’m not some fly by night internet parts seller out to sell a bunch of junk and get out. I have been in business for 9 yrs and intend to be here in another 9. What good would it be for me to sell a munch of heads that the end user could not reproduce the same results as me? Making a “ringer” set then selling something different may get you a few sales up front but that would quickly stop after nobody would reproduce the same results. I have sold over 400 sets of heads in the 3000gt world, and thy sill get ordered at the same pace as thy always have (and that surprising seeing how the cars have stopped being made in 1999).

All of the finish work on our hand ported heads is preformed by the same person. I know CnC has become some kind of a catch fraze but as most racers know CnC porting leaves a lot to be desired, from the accordion like humps it leaves all the way down the port, to that the cutters cant get in close to the guide or valve seat. Most big high performance head porters that sell C&C heads also offer “hand finishing” at a extra charge of $1000-up. There is a reason for that. I have often thought about getting a CnC just to do the ruf cuts to save time on that, but the heads we sell will always be hand finished.

FastMatt
12-02-2006, 10:17 AM
I know many of the members here are skepical of the ablility of the stock ECU to adapt to changes. Is there any chance that you can dyno again after 500 miles or so? Does Ekool plan on doing an exhaust of any kind and will you dyno after that has been installed?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to talk him into doing heads/exhaust but he really likes the "sleeper effect" of how the truck sounds now.

GotStroke?
12-02-2006, 10:55 AM
A CNC port is only as good as the hand port it was patterned after. Hand porting is without question the way to go, all heads in competitive motorsports are done this way.

FastMatt
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Dyno charts up-loaded on 1st post

SRTJeep
12-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Now some Track times? Against a stock JGC. Same day, same track, same DA, that proves the whole point. HP and TQ varies from vehicle to vehicle even stock? We all want to see the results. Gene

FastMatt
12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
HP and TQ varies from vehicle to vehicle even stock? Gene

lol ya thy just vary 100 crank HP (~75 AWHP) stock to stock from vehicle to vehicle... :rolleyes: some times you get a 420 hp one some times you get a 520 hp one despite thy all having the same parts..... ok……:rolleyes: :rolleyes::confused: :D

FastMatt
12-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Now some Track times? Against a stock JGC. Same day, same track, same DA, that proves the whole point. Gene

I guess you keep missing the part about the tracks around here all being closed for the winter.

We were going to do that very thing last sat for the last race of the yr around here but the track closed dew to weather.

At this point I have no choice but to wait, trying to get 2 customers to drive there jeeps 9 hrs each way to go race there jeeps at the nearest open track is just most likely not going to happen. The track re-opens March 10th http://www.area51dragway.com/2007schedule.htm

SRTJeep
12-09-2006, 04:23 AM
I know tracks close for the Winter. Doesn't matter just a suggestion as Dynos don't tell the whole story, the Drag Strip Time Slip shows how the engine is pulling. I'm no Novice Either. I know about head porting too, who to trust, reality not theories or seat of the pants tuning. Many good head porters ruin many sets of heads to get it right, use the flow bench and measure through the whole intake system, not just the heads. I ran a set flowed within 2 CC between cylinders and done this way. If your heads make HP at the top of the RPM Range that isn't the best, they should make power off idle and just increase right up the the shift points. My source knows how to make HP, like a SSDX Car that runs in the 7's and 180 mph, national record holder and only 209" V6! If you are grinding the stock 6.1 heads, this is the wrong approach, sorry but the port shapes are cast wrong for a 370" engine and better suited to run on a 400 + cubic inch engine. Stock valves aren't the best in the flow department either, just OK. Show me Track Times, against a Pure Stock, that tells all. Cams, that's another story, the stock cam, is well designed and suited to run with a PCM. Emissions are what most people face and each state has it's own standards, doing all these mods also voids any warranties. These SRT Vehicles are designed to meet California Standards. Sorry but my opinion and based on some engine builders who have looked into this engine. GL Gene

Fastest H-Town Realtor
12-09-2006, 08:18 AM
I know tracks close for the Winter. Doesn't matter just a suggestion as Dynos don't tell the whole story, the Drag Strip Time Slip shows how the engine is pulling. I'm no Novice Either. I know about head porting too, who to trust, reality not theories or seat of the pants tuning. Many good head porters ruin many sets of heads to get it right, use the flow bench and measure through the whole intake system, not just the heads. I ran a set flowed within 2 CC between cylinders and done this way. If your heads make HP at the top of the RPM Range that isn't the best, they should make power off idle and just increase right up the the shift points. My source knows how to make HP, like a SSDX Car that runs in the 7's and 180 mph, national record holder and only 209" V6! If you are grinding the stock 6.1 heads, this is the wrong approach, sorry but the port shapes are cast wrong for a 370" engine and better suited to run on a 400 + cubic inch engine. Stock valves aren't the best in the flow department either, just OK. Show me Track Times, against a Pure Stock, that tells all. Cams, that's another story, the stock cam, is well designed and suited to run with a PCM. Emissions are what most people face and each state has it's own standards, doing all these mods also voids any warranties. These SRT Vehicles are designed to meet California Standards. Sorry but my opinion and based on some engine builders who have looked into this engine. GL Gene

Dude-Why the hard-on for DR? You have busted this guys nutts all along this post, spouting off "knowing bout cars" and such. DR came correct with a great price, dyno sheet backup and a wealth of info to go along. You keep on with wanting more info about et's, emissions and other junk. DR's job is not to make you satisfied, its to produce products that perform. As of this date, they seem to have done that. 75RWHP gain, dyno verified will bring the ets down. Period. "How the engine pulls" when dyno sheets are supplied is silly. Look it up. And your "source", is this person a secret? I would think a knowledgeable head porter would want the shop info displayed in every post it could be. Yet you hold it secret, like some unkown weapon.

You know about head porting too,huh? Tell us about the last set of heads you did and the side by side flow bench gains they showed. Explain how the changes brought the difference in power on the dyno graph you supply also.

Although the dyno sheet DR supplied could be fakes...and hence unable to duplicate the dyno results when customers actually buy them, I believe that they (DR) has more smarts than that. So, taking the dynos at face value, your "source" saying the 6.1L heads are cast wrong has been proven wrong on the probability of porting gains.

DR supplied side by side comparisons. Look at the sheets provided. The ball is in your court. Buy a set and show that they dont work. Or, admit that you either: Cannot admit that: your source may be incorrect about these heads/ Have a shop that cannot duplicate DRs success/you are a negative Nancy and dont want to be confused with facts because your mind is already made up.

teda
12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Dude-Why the hard-on for DR? You have busted this guys nutts all along this post, spouting off "knowing bout cars" and such. DR came correct with a great price, dyno sheet backup and a wealth of info to go along. You keep on with wanting more info about et's, emissions and other junk. DR's job is not to make you satisfied, its to produce products that perform. As of this date, they seem to have done that. 75RWHP gain, dyno verified will bring the ets down. Period. "How the engine pulls" when dyno sheets are supplied is silly. Look it up. And your "source", is this person a secret? I would think a knowledgeable head porter would want the shop info displayed in every post it could be. Yet you hold it secret, like some unkown weapon.

You know about head porting too,huh? Tell us about the last set of heads you did and the side by side flow bench gains they showed. Explain how the changes brought the difference in power on the dyno graph you supply also.

Although the dyno sheet DR supplied could be fakes...and hence unable to duplicate the dyno results when customers actually buy them, I believe that they (DR) has more smarts than that. So, taking the dynos at face value, your "source" saying the 6.1L heads are cast wrong has been proven wrong on the probability of porting gains.

DR supplied side by side comparisons. Look at the sheets provided. The ball is in your court. Buy a set and show that they dont work. Or, admit that you either: Cannot admit that: your source may be incorrect about these heads/ Have a shop that cannot duplicate DRs success/you are a negative Nancy and dont want to be confused with facts because your mind is already made up.

Gene....hate to say it, but ronald has some very valid points here. I appreciate the info you pm'd me on the TCM, and admittedly over the course of many months you have contributed a lot. But you seem to be progressively getting more negative, and playing a "doubting Thomas" in many of your posts. As an example, I've read every one you put up this AM and they all leave a kind of funny taste. And I too don't understand your constant use of "heresay" and third party sources, secret stuff, and utilization again and again of "what the Engineers said at the Nats". Forgeddabout your love of the question mark. I guess what I am saying is that I'm seeing more and more of a trend here. Anyone else? Peace....

Fastest H-Town Realtor
12-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Whos this Ronald you speak of?

Walter-

gculver
12-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Teda, I would have to agree, I guess I missed his nomination as chairman of the SRT engineers somewhere. I did'nt get a vote, and demand a recount. Damn hangin chads!!!

F360
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
so 75 ALL WHEEL HP for $1999 (most likly ~100 at the crank)

Do you accept international orders?

SRT8
12-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Gene....hate to say it, but ronald has some very valid points here. I appreciate the info you pm'd me on the TCM, and admittedly over the course of many months you have contributed a lot. But you seem to be progressively getting more negative, and playing a "doubting Thomas" in many of your posts. As an example, I've read every one you put up this AM and they all leave a kind of funny taste. And I too don't understand your constant use of "heresay" and third party sources, secret stuff, and utilization again and again of "what the Engineers said at the Nats". Forgeddabout your love of the question mark. I guess what I am saying is that I'm seeing more and more of a trend here. Anyone else? Peace....
I couldn't have said it better. There seems to be nothing aftermarket that he/his secret invisible engineers agree will build power for us. You try to be helpful to him & get slammed w/how wrong you are. This is also apparent on the blue site. Oh wait I forgot a few of these: ??????????????????????????????????????????? :rolleyes:

bevsjeepsrt8
12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Sorry Gene, but I have to agree with the rest of the guys. I too appreciate the info you pm'd me on the TCM but I have to keep it real...When the original set of Kooks were done on my Jeep you did the same thing about the gains they would make...you posted countless times about how the stock headers are superior....you asked for track times then too...I provided them and there were other members there to witness it. I even had comparisons with a completely stock Jeep (which you requested) that was there and I was running .4 faster than him. When I read your posts I just shake my head and move on...I just don't get it man!! I know my Jeep runs and im very happy with the mods I chose so far, let everyone choose the mods they want...not the ones you approve of...oh I forgot there are none.
Matt, (DR) I have no problem being the Guinea pig for the H/C as I trust you and would be happy to bolt on my 75HP before the rest.:D cant wait!!

BTW Gene, I replaced the TCM and it didn't work...But thank's for the info anyway...I hope you will look at some mods differently in the future as your "source" is full of ****!!!

teda
12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Whos this Ronald you speak of?

Walter-

Oh man!....My bad....was still early in the AM, and I must of been thinking of Ronald McDonald.....Sorry about that. I was referring to your posts, and your points. Apologies,

Ted

Black_SRT8
12-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I see see nothing wrong with Gene's posts. Anyone who knows him is aware of his knowledge of automobiles. He has not berated or badgered anybody, so why the hate - because he disagrees with this mod? This is a forum, where people are welcomed to share opinions.

Some people feel the SRT Engineers worked diligently to design a high performance vehicle, with all parts functioning harmoniously. Changing integral parts would cause disequilibrium, thus negatively affecting overall performance. Not trying to speak for Gene, but I think this is his mentality (in Layman's terms). I myself am a modder, and sure hope the preceding is not true, but only time will tell.

I applaud Matt for designing components for our vehicle, and thanks to eKool for being the guinea pig (tough job, I know ;)). However, correct me if I am wrong, but so far, this is the only package that has been installed on a SRT8 GC. Matt and eKool have tremendous ethos, but let's wait until a few of these packages have been installed before we all jump on the bandwagon.

BTW, Gene mentioned overall flow testing, poor head shapes, mediocre valves, and PCM tuning as reasons why he disagrees with this combo. Can somebody offer retorts other than "look at the dyno?"

Bottom line: we all want the best for our Jeeps. We need each other to communicate opinions and results in order to find the truth.

Fastest H-Town Realtor
12-09-2006, 08:38 PM
BSRT8-You are missing the point. Yes, everyone has the right to an opinion, but to be spouting doubts on a shop that has proven results or a product that has the same, then that is no longer an opinion. Gene keeps throwing the BS flag every time a product clears the last hurdle of proof that he (Gene) requested. At this point, unless he would either offer up the proof that a mod doesnt work or unshadow these "experts" he touts Gene really needs to back off. Why should DR have to prove their products to Gene jsut because Gene thinks DR sould?

Dyno results are not the end all, but are a litmus test of motor performance. An accepted test of performance for factory engines is the dyno, so why isnt it good enough here? Im sure when the weather thaws, all the Hi-Po shops will be at the track...with the results. But my gut is that Gene will find some other test he wants run or another reason why the mod doesnt work. Its time he put up....

ronald mcglothlin
12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Seems to always want more proof when proof is given. How about the proof that it does not. Anyone can cry wolf, but just so long, before no one listens any more. If no one is up to any risk then there would be no progress in anything.:rolleyes:

FastMatt
12-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Do you accept international orders?

yes we do. I'll PM you with the process for International orders.

FastMatt
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM

that about sums it up.

I went threw this exact same thing 9 yrs ago in the 3000gt market, there were plenty of people back then that had the same stance on nearly anything aftermarket for those cars. If everybody had listened to them those cars would still be stuck in the 12's and not be in the 9's.

Also went threw the same thing in the Lotus market, 1st I was told I could never get over 350 Wheel HP, then when I hit that thy moved it to 400 and it would never go past that, then I did... and so on. Then When I made over 500 WHP thy sed the motor would not last a week.... and it's still running a yr later.

Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by those that are doing it.

There will always be these people, I don’t let it bother me. I have always wondered what motivates them, is it jealousy?

Inferno SRT8
12-13-2006, 06:45 PM
that about sums it up.

I went threw this exact same thing 9 yrs ago in the 3000gt market, there were plenty of people back then that had the same stance on nearly anything aftermarket for those cars. If everybody had listened to them those cars would still be stuck in the 12's and not be in the 9's.

Also went threw the same thing in the Lotus market, 1st I was told I could never get over 350 Wheel HP, then when I hit that thy moved it to 400 and it would never go past that, then I did... and so on. Then When I made over 500 WHP thy sed the motor would not last a week.... and it's still running a yr later.

Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by those that are doing it.

There will always be these people, I don’t let it bother me. I have always wondered what motivates them, is it jealousy?

Whatever it is that motivates you, if its jealosy im going to start saying some bad stuff just to piss you off and have you get me into the 11's on motor alone!:D

FastMatt
12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Whatever it is that motivates you, if its jealosy im going to start saying some bad stuff just to piss you off and have you get me into the 11's on motor alone!:D

What motivates me is simple.... I LOVE making cars faster, no matter what it is, stock always SUCKS IMO.... hell my $92,000 Lotus stock SUCKED, I owned it less then a month when the turbos were coming off for up-grade, boost controller was already installed ect.. From the time I was 15 yrs old I have never owned a car or truck that I have not Modded to make it faster.

There is no such thing as a car too fast......

There are 2 things in this would i truly love and am good at, being a single dad to my son, and making cars fast.... Everything els is just a means to do those 2 things.

Fastest H-Town Realtor
12-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Yup-I mod anything with a motor.....

SRTJeep
12-14-2006, 01:36 AM
I quoted the Engs on some subjects, not every one. I have a Mopar GURU in my back yard who is designing a new Head And Intake Approach and different than current PP Heads including DR's. The 3 Head Porters Comments include a local guy (mentioned above) and two out of state engine builders that all agree on the port size and shapes. ("heads would work better on a 400 cubic inch engine or better") (not me as this engine is new to me) If you are going to quote me do it correctly. Why the complete news hasn't been released on a different head design, it is because I was asked not to until the install and tests are done. The TCM does work and check it out in the Engs Chat Rooms on the other forum sites, they explain why it works and why it wasn't released before. (Funny you Guys mentioned my PM messages on the TCM and Why) So Folks get your stories right before putting lies in my posts. Race cars aren't what we drive but a street / strip vehicle as some of us street drive our SRT8 Vehicles. Removing sensors just to make some Vendor's Product work doesn't Do it for ME. Comparisons done on cold days doesn't prove much either as stockers improve also. Look who's selling their PP Heads and BT Headers? I Wonder WHY? Gene

FastMatt
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
I have a Mopar GURU in my back yard

lol

who is designing a new Head And Intake Approach and different than current PP Heads including DR's.

Seeing how you have never seen a set of my heads how can you make any comments about my approach.

The 3 Head Porters Comments include a local guy (mentioned above) and two out of state engine builders that all agree on the port size and shapes. ("heads would work better on a 400 cubic inch engine or better")

You know what thy say about opinions, everybody’s got one. Go to the TBSS site and thy will all tell you how much better the TBSS is then the Jeep SRT-8, does that make it true?

You need to make up your mind either the stock stuff is the best or it's not, 1 thread you post SRT engineers this and that, leave is stock, the next it's change everything to new castings that are at this point vaper were but are some how so grate.

Why the complete news hasn't been released on a different head design, it is because I was asked not to until the install and tests are done.

So these have never been installed on a car yet but thy are the greatest thing? lol ok

So Folks get your stories right before putting lies in my posts.

af far as I know the only person that can put something in your post is you.

Race cars aren't what we drive but a street / strip vehicle as some of us street drive our SRT8 Vehicles.

ya no kidding, like Ekool it's his daily driver, and just ask him everything about it is better and more fun to drive now with the heads/cam.

Removing sensors just to make some Vendor's Product work doesn't Do it for ME.

Who is doing that? what are you talking about?

Comparisons done on cold days doesn't prove much either as stockers improve also.

dyno pulls on the Exact same day on the Exact same dyno do, and thats what and why we did that here for this test. You cant get any more strate up then that.

Look who's selling their PP Heads and BT Headers? I Wonder WHY? Gene

Nobody’s selling my heads 2nd hand, as for heads from other places, I KNOW why. I know a few of them that are selling them to buy mine.

And as I have posted in other threads as a reply to you and now is going to become my standard finish to every reply to you.

"Why don’t you just lay out on the table, you cant afford to mod your Jeep so you just bash the people that can to some how make your self feel better. I have seen sooo many people just like you over the yrs on these web forums. Why don’t you just leave these good people alone and let them enjoy there cars and make them faster."

Please everybody reading this do a search for posts by this guy on this site and the “other” site. You will se a pattern, any time anybody posts that thy are modding there jeep, he bashes them, bashes the product non of witch he has ever even see. Then when he gets proven wrong he just ignores the post proving him wrong.

gut2727
12-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey Matt et al,
I only have two things to say:

1. The only thing I have in my back yard is dirt.

2. XFI 273!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(please finish my heads please please!)

Chris

FastMatt
12-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey Matt et al,
I only have two things to say:

1. The only thing I have in my back yard is dirt.

2. XFI 273!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(please finish my heads please please!)

Chris

you got it man, yours are next on the list... getting Excited?

gut2727
12-14-2006, 12:46 PM
What a tease!

I bet that cam even looks meaner than the others. I will have to show it to the very discerning "dirt" in my back yard when I get it and see what the "dirt" thinks...lol...

So yeah... I am excited.

:D :D

rainmaker
12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
you got it man, yours are next on the list... getting Excited?

Hey Matt,

Typically how long does it take from order to delivery for the kit? Getting a estimate will help some of us to plan a little better.

Thanks

FastMatt
12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey Matt,

Typically how long does it take from order to delivery for the kit? Getting a estimate will help some of us to plan a little better.

Thanks

right now the back log on heads is ~3 weeks, but it will be getting longer. The heads are selling fast sold 2 sets yesterday.

Inferno SRT8
12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I dont mean to hijack a sec, BUT a stock SRT ran 12.7 with headers and I ran 12.5 with my KOOKS thats a .2 difference on the same day, so anyone who thinks they can get your stock SRT8 to 12.5 stock ill take my headers off and put the stock ones back on, and smash my KOOKS Headers with a mallet. Until some guys spend there own fu**ing money to see what works and what dont STFU. HP/TQ cost money and until you put your $ up save it. And if you think .2 is not much of a gain then please leave it stock and go post in the visual mods section, im sick of reading this ****. One more thing NO FU**ING TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this registering?

As for Matt I have personally talked to this guy, he knows how to make these cars faster, and ill tell you what these heads and cam package will be proven very soon by a personal friend and then I want to see what what all naysayers will come up with then. I dont give a **** if you agree or not with me but I speak FACTS. Flame the Fu** away.

$3700 already invested in mine and much more will be, until you buck up STFU.

Rage over sorry if I offended anyone.

generalconfusion
12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I dont mean to hijack a sec, BUT a stock SRT ran 12.7 with headers and I ran 12.5 with my KOOKS thats a .2 difference on the same day, so anyone who thinks they can get your stock SRT8 to 12.5 stock ill take my headers off and put the stock ones back on, and smash my KOOKS Headers with a mallet. Until some guys spend there own fu**ing money to see what works and what dont STFU. HP/TQ cost money and until you put your $ up save it. And if you think .2 is not much of a gain then please leave it stock and go post in the visual mods section, im sick of reading this ****. One more thing NO FU**ING TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this registering?

As for Matt I have personally talked to this guy, he knows how to make these cars faster, and ill tell you what these heads and cam package will be proven very soon by a personal friend and then I want to see what what all naysayers will come up with then. I dont give a **** if you agree or not with me but I speak FACTS. Flame the Fu** away.

$3700 already invested in mine and much more will be, until you buck up STFU.

Rage over sorry if I offended anyone.

MAN!!!!!!!! Your starting to sound too much like me....;)

Inferno SRT8
12-19-2006, 05:39 PM

Reminds me of the movie The Aviator, where Howard Hughes is in front of the senate commitie and getting grilled about wasting the tax payers money on planes that did not fly, and I quote I have spent alot more of MY MONEY senator, MY MONEY, and ill continue to lose millions because thats just what I do. If it was not for people like him where oh where will would we be.

Point being you take a chance with the information you deem credible, drop your money and if it dont work, back to the drawing board and try again, but dont sit and quote BS from engineers who have DCX's best interest at hand, because if the gave a rats ass about us they would have a tuner available already or given there codes to someone to make one available. And all this BS would be null and void. If I choose to TUNE my car and I blow the engine up then void my damn warranty, but we have no choice with DCX. Your dealers cant fix a godamn flat as it is, how about teaching your dealers how to FIX your cars.

gut2727
12-19-2006, 06:58 PM
You know I really was going to keep quiet until my latest mods were complete but I could not agree more with my fellow steelers fan INFERNO...

Bottomline, I too have spent what it takes for my GC to have kooks/ mopar cat back/ Dub CAI and couldnt be happier... until I found about about Matt's setup.

I spoke with him several times and he is the utmost in knowledge and professional behavior. After kicking back and forth a few ideas with Matt, I now have his heads and the 273 cam combo on the way... I cant wait to get it all together... if the 273 proves to much or any way unstreetable than back to the 268 I go....

Point is, we are all in uncharted territory on modding these trucks and when people are willing to step up and try things out why do others continue to take potshots or flame those whose experience will do nothing but benefit the rest of us???

Anyway, when complete I will let all of you know what the "engineer in my backyard says" until then hats off to those who have blazed the trail and shown real results (good or bad) with real reviews (honest writeups). To those who continue with promises of "more to follow" or "engs at the nats told me..." I will continue to ignore and pass on the opportunity to "PM for details"!!!!

Now Matt please hurry up!!!!!!!!!!

gut2727
12-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah-
I promise also to limit ? my use? of question marks??? too?????????

:D

ronald mcglothlin
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
You know I really was going to keep quiet until my latest mods were complete but I could not agree more with my fellow steelers fan INFERNO...

Bottomline, I too have spent what it takes for my GC to have kooks/ mopar cat back/ Dub CAI and couldnt be happier... until I found about about Matt's setup.

I spoke with him several times and he is the utmost in knowledge and professional behavior. After kicking back and forth a few ideas with Matt, I now have his heads and the 273 cam combo on the way... I cant wait to get it all together... if the 273 proves to much or any way unstreetable than back to the 268 I go....

Point is, we are all in uncharted territory on modding these trucks and when people are willing to step up and try things out why do others continue to take potshots or flame those whose experience will do nothing but benefit the rest of us???

Anyway, when complete I will let all of you know what the "engineer in my backyard says" until then hats off to those who have blazed the trail and shown real results (good or bad) with real reviews (honest writeups). To those who continue with promises of "more to follow" or "engs at the nats told me..." I will continue to ignore and pass on the opportunity to "PM for details"!!!!

I only wish I had the money because I would be along for a better ride also.

UL LOSE
12-28-2006, 03:20 AM
A stock SRT ran 12.7 with headers and I ran 12.5 with my KOOKS thats a .2 difference on the same day.

But what you should be concerned with is what your MPH and his MPH was. Your E.T. shows how well you hooked (for the most part). However your MPH will show you the result of a true RWHP gain. Your E.T. just shows how well you put what power you are making to the ground....not how much power you make. That's what your MPH will tell you my friend. :)

teda
12-28-2006, 08:35 AM

I agree....BUT...as far as I am concerned, that is a good thing Sarge!

And "Inferno"...good post, well put.

FastMatt
01-04-2007, 10:51 PM

you should already have your cam, and your heads are shipping tomarrow!

now your going to have a hard time sleeping.

GotStroke?
01-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey Matt,
Are you also milling the heads for more compression?

FastMatt
01-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Matt,
Are you also milling the heads for more compression?

No (other then just a cleen up cut for a good finish of about 2/1000th), but I can cut them .015, .020 , or even .030 on request.

gut2727
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
you should already have your cam, and your heads are shipping tomarrow!

now your going to have a hard time sleeping.

Thanks alot. Both for real and sarcastically!

Cant wait. Will have to do some serious drinking to induce sleep this weekend!!!!

Thanks again Matt.

Chris

FastMatt
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks alot. Both for real and sarcastically!

Cant wait. Will have to do some serious drinking to induce sleep this weekend!!!!

Thanks again Matt.

Chris

just dont let your girl friend catch you rolling around on the floor naked with the heads/cam.... she mite not understand...

SRT8
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Matt, any news on P&P the intake? I hear it has to be cut open then retigged? Do you do any TB porting? Do you build strokers?

rainmaker
01-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Matt,

What plugs do you recommend using the ported heads and cam?

FastMatt
01-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Matt,

What plugs do you recommend using the ported heads and cam?

stock plugs, less you are planning on running NOS

FastMatt
01-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Matt, any news on P&P the intake? I hear it has to be cut open then retigged?

to be "truly" ported it will need to be cut open. (this is what I would recommend if you are building a big CID motor like a 426 stroker)

What I have seen being sold now as a "ported" intake is merely port matching it to the intake gasket and charging big $$$ for it.

So not only are thy making the head port too big in the cases I have seen but thy are also merely enlarging the end of the runner on the intake this does very little. IMO This is totally going about making these cars faster the wrong way. (at least for 6.1L motors)

We our goal was to get big gains in flow for the FULL lift range of the cam. To do this we went for the flow #'s we wanted with out making the ports huge and killing port velocity. And that’s what we got.

like I always say I have built my business my selling performance not just parts. Most the time this has cost me lots of money by only selling people what thy need, not what will fill my pockets.

I'll port a intake for somebody if thy really want it done but the gains from it are going to be small. The money could be spent better elsewhere on the car to see bigger gains.

FastMatt
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you do any TB porting?

yes we do

Do you build strokers?

for other cars yes, for the Hemi not yet, but it's in the works.

fever29
01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Thank you, that was what I was looking for...impressive.

I like your thought process:

"There is ALOT to be said for correctly ported heads were low and mid lift #'s are looked at and not just high lift #'s."

Please direct me to the dynosheets!

Thanks.

FastMatt
01-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Please direct me to the dynosheets!

Thanks.

thank you

the Dynosheets are in the 1st post, are thy not comming up?

SRedrockT8
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
thank you

the Dynosheets are in the 1st post, are thy not comming up?

i see them.

GotStroke?
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
No (other then just a cleen up cut for a good finish of about 2/1000th), but I can cut them .015, .020 , or even .030 on request.

Thanks for the reply. Are you using stock or aftermarket valves?

ge2
01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
And all along I said I probably wouldn't do any performance mods. Now I think I may be reconsidering. DANGIT :)

FastMatt
02-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. Are you using stock or aftermarket valves?

Stock valves