Has anyone heard about F.A.S.T engine management system? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Has anyone heard about F.A.S.T engine management system?

SStampede
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Good, bad, how much?

Thanks.

SRT8
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
The F.A.S.T. products are for crate engines, for now anyways.

El Jefe
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
top notch company but ya I dont think they make any products for anything but crate motors. Not sure how much modification this would take to fit on the GC

http://store.jandjspeedshop.com/images/FAST/Fast%20LSX%20Intake.jpg

GotStroke?
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
A speed density based aftermarket engine management system. How much depends on what level you go with; anywhere from $1500-3000. There are quite a few Mustangs running them with good results. I also hear good things about Big Stuff III.

BAD ASP
11-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I have two FAST systems, one in a supercharged 95 mustang and the other in a turbo cobra replica. I am pleased with performance from both. there is a down side to mine however and i'm not sure if later versions correct the situation. it seems when i light em up through the gears and then let 'off' the system doesn't read the fuel map during decelaration and i get popping through the exhaust systems. it doesn't load the engine up it's just annoying especially in the open cabin of the cobra. i have heard that the original designer for the FAST system is involved with the BIG STUFF and the aforementioned issue has been corrected.

6.1 Turbo
12-02-2006, 11:31 PM
You could put one in the GC but you would also need a stand alone system like Powertrain Control Solutions to manage your transmission. I know someone with a twin turbo GC that installed the FAST and it would not shift out of first. I told him about the PCS and then he found the week link in his motor at 14psi, lol.