got a question about defect exhaust [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: got a question about defect exhaust

little leo
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
hey guys. well brought my truck in twice because of the dam drip i have. and i keep getting told there is nothign wrong. God i hate this dealer, but since they did all my work im kinda stuck with it. im gonna try to see if a new dealer will fix this, i was told that if you do mopar mods dealer has to fix or keep warrenty. will this be a problem if you use a new dealer.

also, this might be a dumb question, but because of this leak, i have red paver stones in my driveway. it cost me a arm and a leg to do this work for these stones, because i had them imported. so now there is a section that is stained. now here is the dumb part. if and i know it is a problem ever since they did the exhuast. can i claim or am i just screwed to pay and have the stones fixed my self. if somethign is wrong with your new truck and it is a warrenty issue, and it causes damage to your home. what do you do.has anyone ever had a problem with this. or is there something that anyone knows of that will take out the black stains on red and gray stones?

thanks for all your help guys. \ also i really hate our trans. when you just drive in drive, the truck is a slug. always feels like it is in the wrong gear

Lucky No. 8
11-18-2006, 08:13 AM
When we moved into our new place there was some black stains on the ****** floor. I used the power washer and it blew them away. I'm guessing on pavers it would work even better; of course you will need to be careful not to groove them ... mine will cut brick when using the smallest spray aperture.

SRT8
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Mopar Performance parts have no warranty. However, the dealer who installed them should make it right if it's an installation issue. I have the MP CAI & exhaust, the CAI has a crack(not through yet) in the rubber elbo, my dealer said MP will not warranty it. The paver stones should cleanup w/a pressure washer like Lucky said, if not try a pool supply place some stone/concrete can be cleaned w/muratic acid(check w/someone who knows about ur stone & what's safe to use on it first).

little leo
11-18-2006, 05:10 PM
thanks guys, ill try that. kinda bs that we were told that if you go with the mopar, and i also have m/p cai and exhaust, that it wont void warrenty. but well see. thanks again for getting back to me

Mrdredd
11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
i was told the same thing about not voiding the warranty if we got mopar aftermarket installed ... what I think SRT8 was saying is that Mopar itself has no warranty on their equipment ... but the factory mechanical warranty on the rest of the truck will remain intact.

Str8Srt8
11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
hey guys. well brought my truck in twice because of the dam drip i have. and i keep getting told there is nothign wrong. God i hate this dealer, but since they did all my work im kinda stuck with it. im gonna try to see if a new dealer will fix this, i was told that if you do mopar mods dealer has to fix or keep warrenty. will this be a problem if you use a new dealer.

also, this might be a dumb question, but because of this leak, i have red paver stones in my driveway. it cost me a arm and a leg to do this work for these stones, because i had them imported. so now there is a section that is stained. now here is the dumb part. if and i know it is a problem ever since they did the exhuast. can i claim or am i just screwed to pay and have the stones fixed my self. if somethign is wrong with your new truck and it is a warrenty issue, and it causes damage to your home. what do you do.has anyone ever had a problem with this. or is there something that anyone knows of that will take out the black stains on red and gray stones?

thanks for all your help guys. \ also i really hate our trans. when you just drive in drive, the truck is a slug. always feels like it is in the wrong gear

What is that is leaking? Transmission fluid? Engine oil? Or is it from the cat bearings in the exhaust?

As for you brick work, you can buy driveway cleaner at most auto stores, home depot, etc. I would be wary of muriatic acid as it could bleach the brick color.

jlandbl
11-19-2006, 11:34 AM
If all else fails, pop the bricks out and flip them over (after you fix the leak).

little leo
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
that was a great idea i didnt even think of fliping the bricks over lol wow, thats sad lol.. im not sure what it is, it is black looks like oil, but they keep telling me nothing is leaking. so i guess the stains in my driveway are all in my head lol

FireStRT8r
11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Be careful about pulling those interlocking pavers out. Firstly, they are sealed with sand probably and have channels that apply pressure to the exterior and with a few seasons become difficult to remove. Secondly, if they have any bevels they are on one side only.