How Do I Clean My Mopar Cai?? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: How Do I Clean My Mopar Cai??

jordo9998
11-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey guys,

i was justing wondering how often I should clean my upgraded Mopar CAI and How do I clean it!?!?

When I get an oil change will the those guys clean it for me or should I?

What should I use and so I have to take the cap mesh off the CAI to clean?

any help would be great.
Thanks

Black_SRT8
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Once a year, and use a basic recharge kit.

According to GotStroke?, the filter actually flows better when it is a little dirty. From experience, I tend to agree with him.

SRT8
11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Mopar has a recharge kit(cleaner&oil). Check MoparSuperCenter.

FastJeepSRT8
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
These performance filters are supposed to give better performance than stock air boxes clean or dirty and from experience I can tell you it's true. I agree that a dirty filter seems to work a little better but if it gets too bad buy the recharge kit. First get any large debris off the filter carefully. Don't use a brush or compressed air. This can actually imbed dirt and debris deeper into the filter eliment. Instead just knock the filter to shake the dirt loose. Next you spray the filter eliment evenly with the cleaner. Let it soak according to Mfg recomended time. Then rinse the filter eliment from the inside out. If you don't do this, again you can force debris and dirt further into the eliment. Just run the water on the inside of the filter cone and turn it until it rinses clean. Let it air dry completely and re-oil using the oil from the kit and you're done.