Mopar Cai [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Mopar Cai

capitalst
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Well I installed the CAI on Friday and I have to tell you that the Senor was the biggest pain in the A$$. It wouldn't come out of the old rubber piece so i had to cut the rubber in order to get it out. Once it was out trying to get it in the new Mopar pipe between the rubber fitting was not easy. I tried everything from warming the rubber up but, everytime I tried getting it in the rubber piece would push through. This took me over an hour to do this. Also, in the instructions it said nothing about pulling off the grill to get the old tube out. All and all I'm very happy with it but, 4 hours of work was a big pain. I guess you have to be a mechanic in order for this to take 45 min. Oh well. But, I have to tell you that the Mopar CIA and Corsa exhaust work really well together. The Jeep seems more free when accel. Anyways, just my two cents.

viperr817
11-06-2006, 02:36 PM
The rick to getting the sensor in the ca tube is usine a little bit of silicone spray, and yes getting it out was a real pain in the a**. I too cut mine out.

El Jefe
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Haha! I know how you feel! I had Night Prowler's old intake apart in minutes. I didnt have to remove the grill though. It was a tight squeeze and noving the pipe around the grill just right. Im sure I pushed the grill forward when pulling it but it came out. As for that damn sensor. It took a few mins to get out. After a while I just said **** it and it ripped it out of the hole. Came out fine. Took me probably a little over an hour to get it in the Mopar pipe. I actually took it into the dining room and slaved on it for a good 30 mins working that stupid grommet and sensor into place.

Total time I think was around 2 hours for it. That first drive afterwards is a blast though. Hearing the air getting sucked in and your head getting thrown back to the headrest. All worth the blood and sweat!

El Jefe
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
The rick to getting the sensor in the ca tube is usine a little bit of silicone spray, and yes getting it out was a real pain in the a**. I too cut mine out.
Ya but if you get too much near the sensor I think it damages it and youll need a new one. You dont want any chemical touching that sensor tip

MBLACK07
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I have a 2007 and I just installed a Mopar intake and I heated up the old intake plumbing pipe and the sensor came out fairly easy.

pghpablacksrt8
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Ya but if you get too much near the sensor I think it damages it and youll need a new one. You dont want any chemical touching that sensor tip

You just need some type of lubricant...I used car washing soap to get the sensor out of the stock intake and to get it into the CAI. Five minutes in (four until I figured out to use the soap) and back in like a charm. :D

capitalst
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
I thought about using soap or something but, since it was a sensor I didn't want to mess with it tomorrow so I did it the hard way. Oh, well its done and screaming like a kid in a candy factory:eek:

ccbatson
11-06-2006, 08:22 PM
With my DUBair CAI, I went right to the handy carpet knife to cut the surrounding rubber out which took less than 1 minutes and popped it into the DUBair CAI tube in less than 5 seconds. I bet it will go much smoother if you ever have to do it in the future (I have done 3 or 4 similar installs on other cars in the past).