dub cai dramatically increases the purring.graphics on the armada [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: dub cai dramatically increases the purring.graphics on the armada

soccerjunky
10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
i have put cai on a number of vehicles all of which did not increase the engine sound - that is until i put the dub cai on the srt 8 gc... the increase whurrrr is rather dramatic... i actually thought it was a little loud at first(louder than the corsa exhaust ) but i have gotten used to it and like it.

Also i put graphics on the armada , just a befor and after pic for entertainment only- not everyones cup of tea

Black_SRT8
10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I have the DUB & Corsa combo - the sound never gets old. Just wait till the Dub gets a little dirty, it will flow and sound even better!

Sick rims on the Armada!

ccbatson
10-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I totally agree the DUB CAI adds a very nice enhanced thrumm/growl. However, Many other cars are acoustically enhanced by aftermarket CAI setups...particularly the turbos, the previously absent spooling whine returns with a vengeance once the factory baffle is gone. Case in point, check out a subaru turbo boxster engine before and after.

ge2
10-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice write up. Thanks. I had kinda similar findings with the GSM, though from what I hear the DUB fitt is a bit better.

ccbatson
10-31-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't have a GSM to compare too, but the fit on my DUBair was so-so. The metal slots designed to fit into the openings on the bottom half of the stock air box did not line up perfectly and took a bit of pushing and cajoling to get together. Otherwise, I am quite happy, and it is a very easy install.