My Dyno numbers.. [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: My Dyno numbers..

Hows2nd
03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
This was posted by Zoomers on another site. I dropped my Jeep off with them yesterday so they could start on the cat-back system. They had it dyno'ed at an independent shop in the LA area to get so baseline #'s.This is what Ron @ Zoomers posted:

"Dynamic 4-Wheel Dynamometers

Max Power 369.3 hp @ 6296 RPM (Base line stock)

Max Torque 347.2 lb-ft @ 4936 RPM (Base line stock)

We already have the stock system out and we are ready to start fabrication... Hopefully by sometime tomorrow we will get to hear what she sounds like with the first design concept I discussed with Lance this morning.

This thing will be nothing short of Bad Ass."

BTW guys I do have a drop in K&N....so I guess it's not completly stock. I also have 2300 miles on her now and from the postings I've seen all of the other dynos have been done with less than 1000 miles on them. I also changed the oil at 150 & 900 miles (I don't know if it made a difference but it could'nt hurt) and drove it hard from the begining (did not baby it).

Srt8jkt
03-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Cant wait for the finished product. Awesome #s!!

BLKltng
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Those are some seet numbers for stock. I can't wait to see what it will make with the new zoomers exhaust!

radduc
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
be sure to let us know what the new #'s are

Rboosted717
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Hows2nd was not able to re-dyno after getting the new exhaust installed because of scheduling conflicts. However, another Jeep owner was able to dyno before and after with the new exhaust and posted his results in the Zoomers exhaust thread.

If possible Hows2nd and myself will try to dyno at a local 4wd Dynojet in the next few weeks to test out various parts...

rapidude
05-11-2006, 03:23 AM
I'm a newbie so this question may sound stupid. Why are the dyno numbers much lower than the 420hp and 420torque listed by the manufacturer?

Thank you in advance for enlightening me.

candyman
05-11-2006, 05:07 AM
The manufacturer lists the numbers at the flywheel, the numbers posted on this thread are at the wheels which are lower due to the power being taken by the transmission, transfer case, drive shaft and rear end.

CGR LVR
05-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Were those numbers corrected from the dyno? The dynodynamics we have here is about 17% offon numbers but only so they can more accuratley tune the internal engine...Just wondering if yours is the same. I had my 04 gto dynoed with them and it put down 244 whp corrected (244/.83)=293. JUst amkes you feel alot better.

rapidude
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
The manufacturer lists the numbers at the flywheel, the numbers posted on this thread are at the wheels which are lower due to the power being taken by the transmission, transfer case, drive shaft and rear end.

Thank you candyman. Are there mods that one can do to the transmission, transfer case, drive shaft, etc. so that more power ends up at the wheels? Anybody know if we can drop a chip in our GC srt8?

jmrl98`
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
12% drivetrain loss is par for the course for most domestic vehicles. Those are good numbers. :) As these vehicles sell, the mods are gonna start flowing like a river. I live near a horseracing track in metro detroit that loans out part of its parking lot to DCX. They drop-ship a ton of trucks, day & night. They always park the SRT-8s in a separate part right by the road. After I ditch my 06 ram, I thinkk I know what my next vehicle will be!;)

2MCHPSI
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I live near a horseracing track in metro detroit that loans out part of its parking lot to DCX. They drop-ship a ton of trucks, day & night.

Hazel Park?