Rattle / Knocking from engine at idle [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Rattle / Knocking from engine at idle

Chantililace
04-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Hi,

I have a rattle / knocking sound from the engine area when I first turn on my 2008 Jeep SRT8...You can hear it over the exhaust. When you give it a bit of gas, it will go awaya and then come back when rpms go back to resting idle. When I drive down the block and get to my first light (a mile or two) the rattle / knocking sound is gone at idle. It really only does this when the engine has been turned off for a half hour or longer.

Does anybody know what this may be? I have heard of other people having the same problem but nothing was really solidified.

I am using 91 octane.

Thanks!

Jred22
04-26-2008, 01:19 AM
rattle rattle thunder plattle boom boom boom, don't worry call the car X man.

SkyeHighSRT8
04-26-2008, 07:24 AM
I added this product to my Mobil1 0w-40. It reduced the valve rattle at cold startup. I can still barely hear it but it is better.
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=49&catid=2&loc=show

By the way, I brought the bottle of the lucas product to the dealer and they said it would not give any warranty issues.

Some guys have gone to a heavy oil, to fix it too.

Chantililace
05-08-2008, 12:11 AM
This valve rattle is still very annoying. For the first 20 minutes or so of driving the vehicle and idling and coasting with the foot of the gas, the rattling noise does not give the muscle sound of this vehicle any justice. I will have to see what the dealer says and I cannot believe anybody else hasn't *****ed about it on this site....which tells me either I am way too picky or just not sure if this is actually the "valve rattle"
discussed....but it has to be becuase it goes away when engine is warm..

SkyeHighSRT8
05-08-2008, 07:58 AM
if you can hear it when driving, something is wrong. Mine just makes a light tapping at idle for a couple minutes after cold startup.

Vinnysrt8
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
i have no valve tapping

Chantililace
05-08-2008, 01:29 PM
if you can hear it when driving, something is wrong. Mine just makes a light tapping at idle for a couple minutes after cold startup.

It only makes the noise if I do not give it gas while the engine is warming up (idle). If I take off out of my garage at cold start up, roll down the window, accelerate down the street and take my foot off the gas, I can hear the rattle noise from the engine. It is not over powering by any means. There is another post out there saying some users have put in a different oil which helps. Maybe it somethin loose in the exhaust?

Maybe I would classify it has a knocking sound... I a musing 91 octane. Like I said above, the ratlle / knocking goes away after the engine has warmed up.

What do you guys think?

SkyeHighSRT8
05-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I would be concerned, Mine just makes a light tap, and no one has ever heard it, or said anything about it but me and my friend who is also into cars. It's to subtle for most people to notice. Yours sounds worst, or you have better hearing than me...lol.

DavesSRT8
05-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Mine has been doing this since day one (2007). Take a look at sig and see how strong it runs with minor mods. I have 8,300 miles and still no issues except the noise.

Have tried the 15w50 Mobil one, oil additives, ZMax, etc. Not going to worry about it (it's embarassing at car shows when you go to pull away !).

Have not take to dealer, although it was in for a recall notice and they did not say anything when they started it up inside the repair bays (I was standing there, and heard it clearly).

I've heard every theory from throttle blades rattling to bad lifters, etc. I've put a stethoscope on every single part of the engine and it appears to be from on side, drivers side, up near water pump and throttle body.

I figure if it lets go, that's what a warranty is for. But since it is running so well, I am ignoring it for now.

Chantililace
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Mine has been doing this since day one (2007). Take a look at sig and see how strong it runs with minor mods. I have 8,300 miles and still no issues except the noise.

Have tried the 15w50 Mobil one, oil additives, ZMax, etc. Not going to worry about it (it's embarassing at car shows when you go to pull away !).

Have not take to dealer, although it was in for a recall notice and they did not say anything when they started it up inside the repair bays (I was standing there, and heard it clearly).

I've heard every theory from throttle blades rattling to bad lifters, etc. I've put a stethoscope on every single part of the engine and it appears to be from on side, drivers side, up near water pump and throttle body.

I figure if it lets go, that's what a warranty is for. But since it is running so well, I am ignoring it for now.

Dave,

Is there any way you can post a sound clip? I am going to try and do the same. I talked to my "go to" service manager and he said bring it in and we will check it out, worst case a new engine under warranty.:eek: IF this is a wild goose chase to track down the rattle / knocking sound, then I don't want to go down that road. Besides this noise, performance is great except for a slight pull to the right now and that it likes to follow the ruts in the road sometimes (especially when braking).

HoustonSRT-8
05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
From the description, it sounds like a lifter being slow to pump up at start-up.

Chantililace
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM
From the description, it sounds like a lifter being slow to pump up at start-up.

Hi - I am not educated on engines as much as I should. What is a lifter, is it easily fixable, and is it a big deal?

I'll have a sound file posted by the end of the day.

HoustonSRT-8
05-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi - I am not educated on engines as much as I should. What is a lifter, is it easily fixable, and is it a big deal?

I'll have a sound file posted by the end of the day.
Rides on the cam underneath the rocker arm. Not a serious problem if it takes a little while to pump up, but it will require pulling the valve cover and rocker arm to replace. Although, you have to pinpoint which lifter it is.

I am not 100% sure on this. That's just what I'm guessing at from the description.

Chantililace
05-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Guys,

Here is my sound file in .mp3 format. I had to chop it short to get it within the posting file limits. I have zipped it up also as .mp3 is not recongnized for upload. Note that the engine is being started cold and when it warms up, the rattle/knock goes away. also notice that when you accelerate in idle it goes away and comes back after the rpms go back to idle.

Put your vote in: is it a lifter, is it a loose belt, is it??? I am taking it in tomorrow for service and don't want them to rip apart my eninge if I can point them in the right direction.

If it is a lifter, it's not a serious engine procedure is it?

Thanks

2BADGN
05-13-2008, 10:28 PM
definately some engine knock going on.

GOJOE
05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I would have to agree with Houston. Mine is an '06 and it makes the same sound at cold start up, doesn't seem as severe as yours. Do you live in a cold climate? From what I have read modern day roller lifters have very tight oil passages and untill the oil warms up does not flow oil very good. This is the reason for the 0w30 oil. A colder climate would cause the oil to take longer to warm up.

I guess I should explain the lifter. Years ago lifters used to be solid pieces of steel (they still make solid lifters ). They would always make that rattling sound. Engineers then started making lifters that basically are two pieces that slid in and out of each other with a spring and oil pocket in the middle to reduce the rattling sound. The oil pocket cusions the impact between the lifter and rocker arm. Until the lifter (pumps up) with oil, there is slack between the lifter and rocker arm. Also by reving the motor up, you create more oil presure because the oil pump is spinng faster which in turn would push oil harder into the lifter.

Yours sounds worse than mine. May be a combination of a little to much slack between lifter and rocker arm and delay in oil flow. I would have dealer check the rocker arm adjustment.

I'm just giving you my opinion on what I think the sound is. I am only self educated thru years of tinkering and reading alot.

Hope I have helped instead of confuse.

HoustonSRT-8
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
After hearing the sound clip, I'm re-thinking my guess of a lifter being the culprit. You should go back to your dealer and make them fix it because that is not normal.

P.S. At least your noise is consistent. The pulley on my power steering pump whines loudly, but not on a consistent basis and it has never done it when I've taken it to the dealer. I'm now out of warranty, so it's my problem now. They have it documented, so if anything ever actually happens with it, they might help me.....or not.

suprem454
05-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Mine just started doing it last week and it does not happen everytime, only when I least expect it. Does that mean it will get worse? And if so wil the dealer fix it?

suprem454
05-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a 2001 grnd Cherokee with 123000 miles on it and it does not have a valve tap at start up. My 1984 olds cutlass with a chevy 454 cu in engine that I beat the hell out of it at the track does not have a valve tap on cold start..... What the hell!!!! I only have 17000 miles on my Srt8. Sucks.

Chantililace
05-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Dealer thinks it is the lifters. They are replacing all of them and the piston rods... Somebody on a different post mentioned a spun bearing??? I don't think this is it. They put a stethoscope to it and the noise it right at the top of the engine.

What do you guys think? Would a spun bearing make noise all the time? You can really only hear the noise when the engine is warming up.

DavesSRT8
05-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Upper engine is where mine is too. Keep us posted.Not sure why they are replacing the rods; my guess all along for mine (and yours) was the lifters.

Did they give you an estimate on how long all this will take ?

Rose City GC SRT8
05-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Guys,

Here is my sound file in .mp3 format. I had to chop it short to get it within the posting file limits. I have zipped it up also as .mp3 is not recongnized for upload. Note that the engine is being started cold and when it warms up, the rattle/knock goes away. also notice that when you accelerate in idle it goes away and comes back after the rpms go back to idle.

Put your vote in: is it a lifter, is it a loose belt, is it??? I am taking it in tomorrow for service and don't want them to rip apart my eninge if I can point them in the right direction.

If it is a lifter, it's not a serious engine procedure is it?

Thanks

Notice that the RPM of the ticking is half the engine speed. This is an indication that it is in the valve train. This is a typical bad lifter sound. That should be an easy fix. More complicated, and certainly more uncommon is a rounded cam lobe. keep us posted on the fix!!

Chantililace
05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Upper engine is where mine is too. Keep us posted.Not sure why they are replacing the rods; my guess all along for mine (and yours) was the lifters.

Did they give you an estimate on how long all this will take ?

They will have their senior guy do it who is pushing 60 and has been working on engines all his life. The service manager said he likes to take things slow, so they will have my Jeep SRT8 for 2 working days.

Notice that the RPM of the ticking is half the engine speed. This is an indication that it is in the valve train. This is a typical bad lifter sound. That should be an easy fix. More complicated, and certainly more uncommon is a rounded cam lobe. keep us posted on the fix!!

Thanks for firming up it is the lifter sound. The service department did to, but there were a couple posts on a spun bearing. Don't know what a spun bearing would sound like. Good ear on my sound file. Cheers and I will have an update late next week on the fix and how long it actually took.

jabsblack2007
05-15-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a 2007 with under 10k miles that makes the same noise. It was at the first dealer for 21 days. They replaced all the lifters and took care of the service bulletin on the auto up window problem in that time. The window is fixed, engine still knocks. Jeep said take it to another dealer. They say its normal and to call Jeep if I don't agree. Jeep says take it back to the dealer. I'm going to drive mine til its warm and trade it in this weekend. Anything but Chrysler from now on for me.

Chantililace
05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I have a 2007 with under 10k miles that makes the same noise. It was at the first dealer for 21 days. They replaced all the lifters and took care of the service bulletin on the auto up window problem in that time. The window is fixed, engine still knocks. Jeep said take it to another dealer. They say its normal and to call Jeep if I don't agree. Jeep says take it back to the dealer. I'm going to drive mine til its warm and trade it in this weekend. Anything but Chrysler from now on for me.

Did they ever tel you what it might be? They are changing the push rods as well at the same time.. Not good new to hear this, but my dealer is awesome. They will stick with you until the problem is fixed.

DavesSRT8
05-16-2008, 06:21 AM
jabsblack2007:
Sounds like a real nightmare - that's exactly why I did not take mine in yet - they will have it for xx days, and it will still be an issue. They do not seem to know what to do and usually guess at what's going on. This is why, in almost 40 years, I never take a vehicle to a dealer unless it's a known problem or a recall, or is something like a bad electronic component. The dealer I bought it from has a supposedly excellent SRT tech (fixed the O-ring leak ok; even dropped tranny pan and redid the gasket/sealer), but unfortunately, due to the current economy, is going out of business this week after many years in business. So, I have no one local I know of (outside Philadelphia) for reliable SRT work.

I am going to simply put up with the noise, drive to end of lease and turn it in, after warming it up of course (!). Since alot of folks have been told these noises are 'normal', I don't want to hear any crap about it when I turn it back in. Except for the embarassing noise, the thing runs like a bat out of hell and is alot of fun. But after owning may cars, most of them peformance vehicles, it is NOT normal. My 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 hemi makes no noise, hot or cold, and has 60K miles on it.

I am waiting to hear about this current fix for Chantililace and see if the Jeep is fixed and hear the grocery list of parts it took to do it.

Hopefully, it's something simple like lifters and everything will work out for them. At that point, I MAY consider doing the dealer thing, but I would like to hear what REALLY happened before doing so. You'd think DCX could get a pushrod engine, especially one of their flagship motors, correctly built in the first place.

Good luck to Chantililace and keep us posted !

DavesSRT8
05-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Chantililace:
As I said before, mine has been doing this since day one, with 7 miles on ODO. Did yours do the same, or did it just appear after xxxx miles ?

Chantililace
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Chantililace:
As I said before, mine has been doing this since day one, with 7 miles on ODO. Did yours do the same, or did it just appear after xxxx miles ?

Hey DavesSRT8,

yeah, basically day one with a few clicks on it. I think it has gotten a bit worse.. However, that could just be that I am paying more attention to it.

I will definitely let keep you posted. I am going in mid next week when all the parts have been shipped. Main components are the lifters and push rods they will replace. Chrysler Tech Service have asked them to take some data as they move forward with this (rocker measurements?) so they a can update their dbase. As it stands, they have no reports of bad lifters on the 6.1's.

Chantililace
05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey DavesSRT8,

yeah, basically day one with a few clicks on it. I think it has gotten a bit worse.. However, that could just be that I am paying more attention to it.

I will definitely let keep you posted. I am going in mid next week when all the parts have been shipped. Main components are the lifters and push rods they will replace. Chrysler Tech Service have asked them to take some data as they move forward with this (rocker measurements?) so they a can update their dbase. As it stands, they have no reports of bad lifters on the 6.1's.

Update: Should be scheduled by the dealer later this week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Chantililace
06-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone,

I got my SRt8 back from the dealer. Unfortunately, the noise is still there after replacing all the lifters and push rods. Maybe a bit louder. It still goes away almost completely when she warms up. No performance problems and idles great.

They want to run an injector kill test on monday morning when the engine is cold and the noise is there, and then talk to Chrysler. The next step for them is a new engine from Chrysler.

Question#1:

What the hell else could it be?? I mean, it is an upper engine noise, however could it be something really simple that is being missed?

Question#2:

How big of a job is it to swap the engine? Are there any troubles that can arise from this, ie. mating to the transmission.

Question#3:

Maybe it's coming from somewhere else and not the top part of the engine?

aplatero1984
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
new motor!!:D

Chantililace
06-06-2008, 07:16 PM
For my curiosity, what's more difficult to install:

New tranny or new motor?

jonvon
06-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I got my SRt8 back from the dealer. Unfortunately, the noise is still there after replacing all the lifters and push rods. Maybe a bit louder. It still goes away almost completely when she warms up. No performance problems and idles great.

They want to run an injector kill test on monday morning when the engine is cold and the noise is there, and then talk to Chrysler. The next step for them is a new engine from Chrysler.

Question#1:

What the hell else could it be?? I mean, it is an upper engine noise, however could it be something really simple that is being missed?

Question#2:

How big of a job is it to swap the engine? Are there any troubles that can arise from this, ie. mating to the transmission.

Question#3:

Maybe it's coming from somewhere else and not the top part of the engine?

My experience with dealers is that until the parts are dangling or falling off or it won't run...just keep on truckin until....:eek:

delosh
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
My dealer told me it's normal for these engines when the are cold.
For me, I only here it when I start up in the morning.

promo718
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
i just heard this sound for the first time on my 07 w/ 28k miles. i think it's less loud than yours, and goes away after a short warmup of roughly 30s - 1m. only happened on cold start. coincidentally, it was the first day of 95 degree temps in my area. perhaps that had something to do with it.

DavesSRT8
06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
PM'd you. Sorry to hear about all that fuss for nothing, but typical DCX dealer stuff.

As I said, I have same issue. SO, you are the SECOND person on this post that has had all the lifters/pushrods replaced and nothing is fixed.

Stethoscope shows upper engine on mine too. Been doing this since day 1. very embarassing. Right now, after I heard yours was NOT lifter, I am leaning towards:

1) serpentine belt system - idler, etc. I am going to pull the belt and see if it goes away

2) injectors. Driver's side front 2 injectors are very noisy on stethoscope. So, I will pull the plugs on these to see what happens.

Once my lease is done, as another person in this post has stated, it's bye bye to Chrysler junk. No new engine for me (and the subsequent headaches). I am just going to drive it, and if it breaks, they can have it.

sorry I gave up my 6 year old Lightning for this thing. Never had ONE issue with it, and it had a ton of drag strip passes, car show awards and lots of street runs on it.

Stay tuned for what I find.

promo718
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
chantilly are you running an aftermarket stat?

Chantililace
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
chantilly are you running an aftermarket stat?

No, what's that?

Chantililace
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
PM'd you. Sorry to hear about all that fuss for nothing, but typical DCX dealer stuff.

As I said, I have same issue. SO, you are the SECOND person on this post that has had all the lifters/pushrods replaced and nothing is fixed.

Stethoscope shows upper engine on mine too. Been doing this since day 1. very embarassing. Right now, after I heard yours was NOT lifter, I am leaning towards:

1) serpentine belt system - idler, etc. I am going to pull the belt and see if it goes away

2) injectors. Driver's side front 2 injectors are very noisy on stethoscope. So, I will pull the plugs on these to see what happens.

Once my lease is done, as another person in this post has stated, it's bye bye to Chrysler junk. No new engine for me (and the subsequent headaches). I am just going to drive it, and if it breaks, they can have it.

sorry I gave up my 6 year old Lightning for this thing. Never had ONE issue with it, and it had a ton of drag strip passes, car show awards and lots of street runs on it.

Stay tuned for what I find.

Chrysler has asked the dealer to do a couple more tests. One is to check the master oil pressure and the other is the rocker arm, specifically the clearance between rocker arm and lifter. If the clearance is not sufficient, could this cause the noise (reference sound file on earlier post)? They said they will use a straight edge to measure. Does this sound promising?

live4skins
06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Chantililace-

I too had a vibration/tick/click/ noise coming from under front wheels/engine compartment.

Took it to the dealership and had the mechanic check it out. I was really worried that I too had a bad rocker or spring to replace in my engine. He came back and told me that my catalatic converter went bad.

They ordered a new one (took three days) and replaced it. Wa Laaa-no noise. Might want them to check that in case it's not the engine!

Good luck!

Chrysler has asked the dealer to do a couple more tests. One is to check the master oil pressure and the other is the rocker arm, specifically the clearance between rocker arm and lifter. If the clearance is not sufficient, could this cause the noise (reference sound file on earlier post)? They said they will use a straight edge to measure. Does this sound promising?

Chantililace
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Chantililace-

I too had a vibration/tick/click/ noise coming from under front wheels/engine compartment.

Took it to the dealership and had the mechanic check it out. I was really worried that I too had a bad rocker or spring to replace in my engine. He came back and told me that my catalatic converter went bad.

They ordered a new one (took three days) and replaced it. Wa Laaa-no noise. Might want them to check that in case it's not the engine!

Good luck!

Hi live4skins-

Are you sure the sound sounded like my sound file I posted earlier on this thread?

Please let me know.

peteracing90
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
My 2007 SRT8 has 30Kmiles. I've heard the noise for a long time now. But this past week 3 guys have asked me about the "lifter knock" noise coming form the engine on first startup. Took it to the dealer and they told me they don't hear anything. I am going to take it again and talk to the manager. My concern is that the engine will break something after the warranty is done, and then I am screwed....

Chantililace
06-16-2008, 03:33 AM
My 2007 SRT8 has 30Kmiles. I've heard the noise for a long time now. But this past week 3 guys have asked me about the "lifter knock" noise coming form the engine on first startup. Took it to the dealer and they told me they don't hear anything. I am going to take it again and talk to the manager. My concern is that the engine will break something after the warranty is done, and then I am screwed....

Does it sound like my sound file I posted earlier on in the thread?

black_srt_8
07-07-2008, 05:03 AM
am havng the same problem

this f****n noise i dont know what shall i do :(

Chantililace
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
am havng the same problem

this f****n noise i dont know what shall i do :(

DAVESRT8 was going to do some troubleshooting on his own and not go to the dealer. DAVESRT8 - any progress?

darknessheal
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I have a 92 Jeep i get a knocking sound from under the passenger seat well more like back end of the engine it isn't like that sound file more of a deeper tone of that rattling sound any suggestions on what it might be

Knuckles
01-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Its funny cuz I have heard this sound on a few Jeep SRT 8's by me including mine since day 1( currently have 13,800 miles). Mine only seems to do it on a cold start like if the engine is not getting enough oil up top some where in the heads. I also own a 93 Nissan Pathfinder and this is my 2nd engine on it and it does the knock as well when cold and now even when its warm. It kind of sounds like there is someone inside the valve cover taping against it:D

illicitSRT
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Mine is brand new, ticks untill it warms up (five minutes)... so i just assume its normal, and i will until something breaks :)

Knuckles
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Mine is brand new, ticks untill it warms up (five minutes)... so i just assume its normal, and i will until something breaks :)

Yeah mine does the exact same thing since 6200 miles when I bought it.

mike c
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
same here since new.

mrchevy1
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
My coworker has the same thing he got a 2008 with 14,000 miles and you hear it to a tap at start up when cold.

Harrison@Stage6
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Doesn't sound like this does it? Hope not.....

Sorry Midwestern...... had too. This video will be famous now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz-NAVX-N8

Blown-WK
01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Mine used to always tap when it was cold until I put an aggressive cam in it that holds more pressure on the valve springs/seats. It always sounded like it had some slack in the valvetrain/lifters until it warmed up when it was stock.

mrchevy1
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Doesn't sound like this does it? Hope not.....

Sorry Midwestern...... had too. This video will be famous now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz-NAVX-N8

O Sh*t that is bad :eek::(

TXBLU
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I've had my '07 since new, and it now has 42,000 not-gentle miles on it. The oil has been changed every 3000 miles, doesn't leak or use oil, and it still looks like new oil on the dipstick, when I change it. The only mod is a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox. The engine has been very smooth and reasonably quiet for almost all of those 42,000 miles. I say almost because it started making a ticking noise about 3 weeks ago.

At first, I could only heard it when I was in a drive-thru next to the building, while it was idling, then after several days, I could hear it as I pulled out, but only while next to the building. I then drove behind the local grocery store and listened as drove along the back wall of the building as I accelerated with the windows down. The noise stopped almost as soon as I got to 10MPH. I decided I would keep listening to see if I got any worse, but only because it had never made that noise before.

Well, on Wednesday I could hear that it had definitely gotten worse, so I decided to do some trouble-shooting. I drove back the the grocery store wall, and it was ticking louder than before, and as far as I could tell, it never stopped ticking as I got up to speed. Back in the garage, I listened as well as I could without a lift or a good automotive stethescope, but couldn't pinpoint the source. It would drift in and out in amplitude, so I suspected a lifter, but all I could really hear was the fuel injectors happily clacking away. I drained the 0W-40 and refilled it with 15W-50. Almost immediately the noise became steady, but a bit muted. Not at all as sharp and rattly, more of a constant tick than a clack.

Back at the wall with the 15W-50, and I could no longer hear it at idle, but I could hear it as I started rolling forward on the gas, then it stopped. I braked with my left foot to keep from running out of wall too quickly and discovered that the noise stopped at 35PSI of oil pressure. I parked it, called my preferred Jeep service department, and yesterday I dropped it off. They're going to throw a set of lifters in it to see what happens, plus I have a couple of other minor issues to be looked at. I may not get it back for a while, but they know I take great care of my vehicles, I drive them hard without abusing them, and know when something is truly failing somewhere. It'll be all good when I get it back.

Too bad the dealer's service department where I bought it from can't appreciate a customer that takes care of his vehicle and understands how it works. The dealership where I take for service now has taken such good care of me and my Jeep that I actually apologized to them for not buying it from them! They say that being one of their customers now is all that matters.

I'll let everyone know how it all shakes out.

Eric