Need Help with Warranty [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Need Help with Warranty

Aaron
10-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I was thinking about getting the Corsa exhaust and the Dub CAI, but i just talked to my dealer and they said the corsa would void the warranty. Can anyone give me advice and tell me if my dealer is wrong or right?

Black_SRT8
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
The dealer is wrong! Cat-back exhaust systems will not void the warranty of a vehicle. Moreover, the Mopar exhaust is the same as the Corsa, give them the Mopar part # and then see what they say...

I have the Dub Intake and Corsa Exhaust - both products are well engineered and improve the vehicle immensely. My dealer okayed both products; if your dealer will not, I suggest you migrate to one that respects your business and treats you properly.

Give them this Mopar Part # #P5153453... Do not tell them it is the Corsa, just say, "Will this exhaust system coincide with my warranty?" --- If they say NO, leave and never go back.

Aaron
10-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I just called them again and talked to them and this time they said that if its a chrysler made part then it won't void the warranty but he said whoever installs it has to put on the vin number or something that its a chrysler part. He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?

TommyLee
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
This dealer is an idiot. It doesn't matter if it is Mopar or Corsa branded, they don't void or restrict your warranty unless those parts cause the failure of a covered part.

FYI, Mopar Performance parts do not have a warranty and if they cause the failure of a covered component, then that component will no longer be covered.

Black_SRT8
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM
He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?

Yes, use a different dealer!!

My dealer okayed the Dub Intake within seconds.

lincoln
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
The dealer doesn't determine if something voids the warranty, the laws do. Some dealers are easier to work with but you are protected by the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act (sorry if I spelling that wrong). The act basically states that the dealer/car company must prove the modification caused the problem.

radduc
10-06-2006, 05:56 PM
I just called them again and talked to them and this time they said that if its a chrysler made part then it won't void the warranty but he said whoever installs it has to put on the vin number or something that its a chrysler part. He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?

He sounds like an ass,I would try a new dealership.I have had my dealer install Ported and polished heads and intake,Headers,Full Exhaust,and the Slim boxes to fix the CEL and they are way cool.They said that as long as they do the install everything is cool.Obviously if there is a problem with the part they installed im on my own.Also,throwing the Service guy you speak as well as the mechanic that works on your Jeep a Fifty helps alot.Will be the best Hundred bucks you ever spent.Make sure you ask to meet the guy that did the work on your truck and you want him to be the only one that works on it.I do that with all my card.BIG HELP

Aaron
10-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey thanks guys, I talked to the people at tbyrne and they assured me that it wouldn't void the warranty so I went ahead and ordered the exhaust and CAI. They should arrive sometime in the next week. :D

srt8suv
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Dealers suck!!:mad:

I had to through a 100 to the service guy so that whenever my car is in, he treat it like a VIP car!! i hate the way, but that how life works these days, everyone wants money, money..
trust me, i had a friend with a Benz, with less options, he took it to the dealer, complaining about the stereo system, through 150 to the guy there, then guess what?
He had a new system with NAV, TV , all.. under warrantee, where in fact, he didnít had these before when he purchased the car!

radduc
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Thats the only way to do things and get them done.I have yet to duke a service tech or manager and it not work out.

SI_G35Coupe
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I have had my dealer install Ported and polished heads and intake,Headers,Full Exhaust,and the Slim boxes to fix the CEL and they are way cool.They said that as long as they do the install everything is cool.Obviously if there is a problem with the part they installed im on my own.Also,throwing the Service guy you speak as well as the mechanic that works on your Jeep a Fifty helps alot.Will be the best Hundred bucks you ever spent.Make sure you ask to meet the guy that did the work on your truck and you want him to be the only one that works on it.I do that with all my card.BIG HELP
radduc, where in NJ are you located? it would be nice to know if there was a dealership not too far away that is cool with mods (i'm in Staten Island)

Dr.Steve
10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I'd also like to know radduc, I live in NJ and almost bought my beast in e. brunswick at McDonagh, but ended up going with Bigelow motors in belleville, the service mgr at Bigelow read me the company line about aftermarket mods and the warranty issue, even going so far as to say that they don't care if the parts are Mopar or not. . . who's your dealer???? I'd love to find someone who wouldn't F me if I mod!

radduc
10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
My dealer is Fullerton Jeep on Route 22 in Bridgewater NJ my service manager is Anthony.They are Very cool

Dr.Steve
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks radduc, I work in Iselin so that's a quick trip at lunch, I'll keep Fullerton in mind!

Jerod
10-17-2006, 04:58 PM
If they are threatening to void your warranty get them to give that to you in writing. It is illegal to void your warranty and they could be in trouble for threatening to do it. They can only restrict the warranty and that is only able to be done if the modification in question was the direct cause of another part breaking. Then that part would not be covered. They also have to prove this.