Please Vote!! - Best Exhaust [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Please Vote!! - Best Exhaust

Black_SRT8
10-04-2006, 02:44 AM
There are five main exhaust systems offered for the SRT8 GC.; all have been on the market for an established period of time.

Let's do all future buyers/members a favor, and conduct a poll on the best cat-back exhaust system for the SRT8 GC.

Please vote for the optimal system...

SOUND CLIPS:

Stock - http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm#SOUND

Zoomers - http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_jeep_cherokee_srt8.asp

Billy Boat - http://www.bbexhaust.com/suv/cherokee/

MagnaFlow - http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=1262

Mopar / Corsa - http://www.corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm

GINTER
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Please keep in mind that most if not ALL of the participants in the poll had only one exhaust swap.

You need to ask a shop that carries all of them and actually used each one while driving AND dyno.

Most choices people make are either recommendations, sound/video clips, or retailer choice. Price too.

Corsa seems to win. Zoomers is very loud. BB has the biggest tubes. I'm glad we have so many choices. Personally, I'm going with Corsa. However, at this time I will not purchase just a CAI and/or exhaust. I'm going full breating apparatus, headers, hi-flo cats, CAI and exhaust (with a good chip programmer - A MUST, when it finally comes out).

radduc
10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Don't forget to get the Kook's Headers

GINTER
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I didn't. :D

I'm going full breating apparatus, headers, hi-flo cats, CAI and exhaust (with a good chip programmer - A MUST, when it finally comes out).

mabosc223
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Supposedly Borla was supposed to make one for us. I haven't heard or seen anything yet tho. No Flowmaster, or Dynomax kit either. Not that I'd buy either. :confused:

srt8suv
10-04-2006, 06:33 PM
:D I just love Magna flow design, sound, and power

viperrt
10-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Put the BB on Monday. It's awesome in quality, fit, and I absolutely love the sound!

radduc
10-05-2006, 07:57 AM
:D I just love Magna flow design, sound, and power
DITO! Love it! :D

Black_SRT8
10-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Please keep in mind that most if not ALL of the participants in the poll had only one exhaust swap.

You need to ask a shop that carries all of them and actually used each one while driving AND dyno.

Most choices people make are either recommendations, sound/video clips, or retailer choice. Price too.

Corsa seems to win. Zoomers is very loud. BB has the biggest tubes. I'm glad we have so many choices. Personally, I'm going with Corsa. However, at this time I will not purchase just a CAI and/or exhaust. I'm going full breating apparatus, headers, hi-flo cats, CAI and exhaust (with a good chip programmer - A MUST, when it finally comes out).

This is not a scientific poll, rather, it is an opinion poll, so your caveats are superfluous and obsolete. Moreover, your assertion that people only use one system is misguided, for I know people who have tried each system

GodfatherSRT8
10-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Got the zoomers installed this morning and holy crap is it loud. But loud in a nice way. There is some serious drone(Now I know what the hell that means) but I am enjoying it so far. The SRT now sounds like it is on steroids. :eek:

I plan to keep this system for a few months and move on up to BB or Mopar.

Black_SRT8
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Got the zoomers installed this morning and holy crap is it loud. But loud in a nice way. There is some serious drone(Now I know what the hell that means) but I am enjoying it so far. The SRT now sounds like it is on steroids. :eek:

I plan to keep this system for a few months and move on up to BB or Mopar.

I was seriously considering the Zoomers, but the reported drone persuaded me to to try something different. However, I have heard that the WOT with Zoomers is amazing!

GodfatherSRT8
10-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I was seriously considering the Zoomers, but the reported drone persuaded me to to try something different. However, I have heard that the WOT with Zoomers is amazing!

What is WOT??

SilverSRT8
10-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Wide Open Throttle = WOT... in other words, flooring it:)

Goldengreek5
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I love the corsa/mopar. It sounds nasty!!

EBO
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I love the corsa/mopar. It sounds nasty!!

quick question is too loud? or does it sound like it belongs?

Black_SRT8
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
quick question is too loud? or does it sound like it belongs?

At normal driving conditions, the Corsa system is actaully quieter than stock. But, when you floor it, it does sound NASTY! It gives off a tuned, throaty, performance-oriented sound.

Check the sound clips in the first post.

srt8suv
10-16-2006, 05:07 PM
At normal driving conditions, the Corsa system is actaully quieter than stock. But, when you floor it, it does sound NASTY! It gives off a tuned, throaty, performance-oriented sound.

have you heard the Magnaflow? if so, how do you compare it to corsa?

Black_SRT8
10-16-2006, 05:15 PM
have you heard the Magnaflow? if so, how do you compare it to corsa?

Not in person, sorry.

srt8suv
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
i heard the magnaflow with headers, but i didnt for the Corsa, I heard alot of people are talking about it, so i want to find out more, i might buy one. if its that quite, then why not if it makes the same power increase

AWD4LIFE
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Any one know where i can get a Mopar / Corsa exaust for lower price other then corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm?

Black_SRT8
10-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Any one know where i can get a Mopar / Corsa exaust for lower price other then corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm?

$1145 = http://www.moparsupercenter.com/

$1150 = http://www.strippermotorsports.com/jesrmopeexfo.html

Brian SRT
10-25-2006, 12:01 PM
How is the Mopar/Corsa under normal acceleration?

I just want something that sounds good and doesn't have to be ridiculously loud. Is the Mopar/Corsa that much louder than stock on the exterior?

Thanks - Brian

Black_SRT8
10-25-2006, 02:11 PM
How is the Mopar/Corsa under normal acceleration?

I just want something that sounds good and doesn't have to be ridiculously loud. Is the Mopar/Corsa that much louder than stock on the exterior?

Thanks - Brian

I said this under post # 16 in this thread...

AWD4LIFE
10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
$1145 = .moparsupercenter.com

$1150 = strippermotorsports.com/jesrmopeexfo.htmlexcellent.. thank for that info..

Jeep City 07
11-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I know Hennesy makes a system as well and is wondering if anyone has heard it

Black_SRT8
11-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I know Hennesy makes a system as well and is wondering if anyone has heard it

I thought that was the MagnaFlow system :confused: :confused:

El Jefe
11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Who cares...Would anyone honestly buy it? hehe

Jeep City 07
11-30-2006, 08:39 PM
not a fan of hennesy huh?? ha anyone have kooks headers with off- rode pipe and exhaust after that ?? was wondering about how you like the headers...

AaronC
12-20-2006, 09:03 AM
I am gonna have to go with Billy Boat.

HoustonSRT-8
12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
not a fan of hennesy huh?? ha

Good luck finding someone who is.

Black_SRT8
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I am gonna have to go with Billy Boat.

Hey, Aaron -- Haven't see you for awhile... Welcome back!

AaronC
12-22-2006, 08:12 AM
It is good to be back! I have been busy getting settled into a new job, and it took time away from forum hopping. :)

johntekin
12-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Has anyone just change out the stock muffler with a dual in/out flow master??

SRTJeep
12-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Has anyone just change out the stock muffler with a dual in/out flow master?? Yep, I'm running a Magnaflow X Muffler with the rest stock. No drone, and equal flow out both exhaust pipes now. Cost me about $250 installed. HTH Gene

Z-Love
01-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Just put on the Mopar/Corsa exhaust as well as the Mopar CAI - sounds great, not too loud - especially when you are just crusin...

strongly reccomend both!!

BDNJ
01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Just put on the Mopar/Corsa exhaust as well as the Mopar CAI - sounds great, not too loud - especially when you are just crusin...

strongly reccomend both!!

Good to hear. I'm leaning the same way; except with the Kook's as well.

Brendan

MrHemi
01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Yep, I'm running a Magnaflow X Muffler with the rest stock. No drone, and equal flow out both exhaust pipes now. Cost me about $250 installed. HTH GeneGot a part number for that Magnaflow muffler? When you say "equal flow out both exhaust pipes now"... how are you measuring that?

danman_s
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Got a part number for that Magnaflow muffler? When you say "equal flow out both exhaust pipes now"... how are you measuring that?

Yeah, if you left the pipes stock wouldn't the flow be unequal since one pipe is longer than the other? The stock muffler had baffles to equalize the pressure between the cylinder banks exhaust routes.

Z-Love
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Good to hear. I'm leaning the same way; except with the Kook's as well.

Brendan

How much difference can you expect with the Kook's? HP, Sound, etc...

BDNJ
01-09-2007, 08:56 AM
How much difference can you expect with the Kook's? HP, Sound, etc...

I'm running the headers first w/out the exhaust to see how loud it gets. I figured it's cost effective to install them when I do the Dynamic head and cam. 3 weeks:D Everything is ordered. The wife will go ballistic if it gets too loud.

Matt @ Tune Time Performance here in N.J. will be dynoing before and after. I will post all results asap!

Brendan

Z-Love
01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm running the headers first w/out the exhaust to see how loud it gets. I figured it's cost effective to install them when I do the Dynamic head and cam. 3 weeks:D Everything is ordered. The wife will go ballistic if it gets too loud.

Matt @ Tune Time Performance here in N.J. will be dynoing before and after. I will post all results asap!

Brendan

I can't wait to hear about it.. hope all goes well with the wifey.. Mine was really happy with the sound (exhaust/CAI) - not that it really matters - hahaha:D

BDNJ
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Lol. These three weeks will seem like forever.

twgcsrt8
02-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I have one question about exhaust mods. I LOVE the sound of the stock srt8 and I can't imagine a better sound. Do any of these mods actually sound better than stock? :cool:

AlexT
02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I have one question about exhaust mods. I LOVE the sound of the stock srt8 and I can't imagine a better sound. Do any of these mods actually sound better than stock? :cool:

I think the B&B does. But it really is a personal taste thing.

Alex

gafettaia
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I am very please with the sound and quality of the B&B on the SRT8. I also have the B&B on my Corvette ZR-1.
Don't forget the B&B is high polished stainless and if you get something in your eye you can see it in the muffler to get it out.
Big 4-1/4" exhaust tips.

david borla
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Supposedly Borla was supposed to make one for us. I haven't heard or seen anything yet tho. :

It will be ready soon. We are almost done with our development. Thanks for your interest!

palo alto dave
03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I love my Zoomers !! I look at them as safety equipment, in tight traffic they know i'm there. And if they haven't seen me yet they sure have heard me.
The sound at WOT is soooo sweet. Get a pair !!!

Mtksurfer
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
which one is the loudest

Prjct86Man
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
probably zoomers, by themselves, but incorporating a CAI and headers could serve to make the others louder.

Mark's SRT8 Jeep
06-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Guys, I looked at the all and the one I came up with is this one. I have also fitted towbar to my car (you can see above exhaust outlets). But this is 304 Stainless. Low increase in noise but power increase is good.

The guy who makes this stuff is a key supplier to Ferrari and Porsche for aftermarket systems.

I can post dyno sheets and sound files if required.

Check out pictures. Regards, Mark.

GotStroke?
06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Guys, I looked at the all and the one I came up with is this one. I have also fitted towbar to my car (you can see above exhaust outlets). But this is 304 Stainless. Low increase in noise but power increase is good.

The guy who makes this stuff is a key supplier to Ferrari and Porsche for aftermarket systems.

I can post dyno sheets and sound files if required.

Check out pictures. Regards, Mark.

What kind of crossover is under that shroud? H,X, or something like a prochamber?

Mark's SRT8 Jeep
06-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Hey there,

Inside the Chamber is a perforated X-Pipe. It also is 304 Stainless.

Regards, Mark

SilveRT8
06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
The Borla exhaust should be added to this list, in S (loud) and Touring type. I just ordered the Touring one.
Claude

Black_SRT8
06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
The Borla exhaust should be added to this list, in S (loud) and Touring type. I just ordered the Touring one.
Claude

I agree.

1) Can a mod add Borla to this poll?
2) If not, vote "other" and make a post about which system you chose

bassmechanik
07-14-2007, 12:38 AM
It's hard to tell from video's...what exhaust would you guys say is the loudest? I like my exhaust loud. :) If only I could run open headers. lol

candyman
07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
It's hard to tell from video's...what exhaust would you guys say is the loudest? I like my exhaust loud. :) If only I could run open headers. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9plyPJvFFo

squigmang
07-14-2007, 08:45 AM

get the borla s type. i just installed it and its amazing. it rips when you get on the gas but not much louder than stock crusing on the highway.

Rick G
07-14-2007, 09:18 AM
BORLA S :p

SilveRT8
07-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Just installed the Borla Touring. Sleeper effect, Mellow sound just one notch louder than Stock when you get on the gas and absolutly quiet when cruising on the highway. Engine seems very responsive with it.
Claude

Rick G
07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Nothing beats the sound produced from the combination of the Borla S and the Auto stick. Second gear creates the best sound to ever come out of an automobile.
The Borla S - Auto stick combo is the best combination since Polish and Terrycloth towels.

:p

BL8TANT
07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Borla S, Viva la Borla! This jeep now has the look AND the sound it deserves . . .

PALELLA
07-28-2007, 01:47 PM
We need a new poll with the Borla in it. I'm torn between Borla and Corsa!

SRT8
07-28-2007, 03:31 PM
It would be cool if it were changed, but you can vote other/future to show the Borla or Stainless preference. Mopar/Corsa still has more votes though. :)

Lonebull
09-22-2007, 08:56 AM

yes, i'm also stuck on corsa vs borla...ive been on you tube all morning trying to decide...lol

i'm looking for a loud & deep sound,cant afford headers right now,but if i do the exaust first... they will come...

ernestitopr
09-29-2007, 05:30 PM
what combination between exhaust and headers do you recommend?

KINGMONKEY
09-30-2007, 06:43 PM
MAGNAFLOW by far

PALELLA
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
what combination between exhaust and headers do you recommend?

Borla exhaust with Kooks coated headers!

2BADGN
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I like the Billy Boat with the Kooks Headers.

BILLSHOE
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Got My Billy Boat Done This Weekend And Love It

saihat20
10-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I have a question...

Am I able to install those Cat-Back Exhaust Systems on my Laredo or are they only for srt8 grand cherokee???

the grand cherokee laredo is V6 3.7L

cruikshank
10-13-2007, 09:00 AM
I have a question...

Am I able to install those Cat-Back Exhaust Systems on my Laredo or are they only for srt8 grand cherokee???

the grand cherokee laredo is V6 3.7L

wow..................seriously..................wo w:confused:

Dave Montgomery
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I put the Magna Flow on my SRT10 truck and it worked great.

ProjectWJ
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
I had the Magnaflow catback on my '05 WK 5.7 (16631)... not overly impressed w/ the sound, was actually pretty quite/mellow.

Thinking the B&B now. Looking for something not overly loud/obnoxious - I daily drive the SRT, just a little better performance and a "performance note to go with it - if there exists such a thing... Recs?

Snake134
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Borla all the way

URSSOSLOW
11-09-2007, 10:29 PM
im running flowmaster 2 chamber super 40's , stock cats and headers , sounds great.

PALELLA
12-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm not ready to make a complete announcement to the public yet so I figure I will hide this post here. :D

I partnered up with a very high quality company to have a custom exhaust made. This company is popular for their German exhaust systems. I will be offering those "Lambo" style tips that everyone likes and I can guarantee that the quality will be second to none. I plan to have a prototype in 2-3 months and plan to have units available about a month after that. Once I have more info I will make a thread. If anyone that sees this has any suggestions please PM them to me.

DubaiDrive
01-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Does any company ship outside the US/Canada??

I'd like the Mopar but living in the UAE.

MARK16
01-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Does any company ship outside the US/Canada??

I'd like the Mopar but living in the UAE.

I had a B&B imported into the UK by Southern Hodrod.

DubaiDrive
01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
What was the shipping costs like, Mark if you don't mind me asking?

BigLew
01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
What is the thought on the Stainless Works system, headers and exhasut. All 304 stainless, 1.85in header tubes, 3in exhaust.

Any thoughts?

atimatik
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Seems the Corsa is the peoples first choice with the Borla S in second... With that said, if you want to do an ultimate complete exhaust but hopefully w/o getting the drone effect what would make it complete? Kooks headers? Highflow Cat?

tommy25000
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Seems the Corsa is the peoples first choice with the Borla S in second... With that said, if you want to do an ultimate complete exhaust but hopefully w/o getting the drone effect what would make it complete? Kooks headers? Highflow Cat?

this thread was started long before borla was available FYI (I am referring to the poll)

atimatik
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Does anybody know what's quieter; Billy Boat or Corsa? Concerned with getting to much volume when used in combination w/ headers.

atimatik
01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Is there any scientific data such as horse power increases with different exhaust systems? Everyone is so concerned about the noise, I'm suprised no one is asking which one makes the most power???

Edit: Billy Boat claims 17 HP increase / Corsa claims 17% flow increase

I wish these companies where comparing apples to apples...

BILLSHOE
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Wouldnt Billy Boat Be In Second At 54 Votes I Know Borla Does Not Have Own Line But Other Is 48 Votes?

Derwood98
01-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I voted for Borla on the "other" option.

atimatik
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, decided to go for it and got the Corsa coming. Not really concerned with the noise, just want the best quality and performance which seems to be Corsa. The Corsa is pretty quiet but that is good if I end up adding headers later on... Also, Corsa seems to be the best engineered for our vehicles too.

The Billy Boat one caught my eye for my second choice with it's nice finish, big 3" pipes, and the only site that actually listed the HP increase... Not sure how loud exactly they are, but was turned off when I started reading about how some of them have cracked on the welds.

Hoping I made the right decision, but I think so.

piromaniac193
02-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I vote BORLA. best sound great power just ordered the cat back system.

REMJEEPSRT8
02-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I am a bit confused as the Mopar catalouge and dealer both state that the Mopar exhuast is actaully a Borla exhaust. Where does the Corsa come from?

candyman
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I am a bit confused as the Mopar catalouge and dealer both state that the Mopar exhuast is actaully a Borla exhaust. Where does the Corsa come from?

Mopar catalog is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_catback.htm

Black_SRT8
02-10-2008, 09:48 AM
At conception, Mopar had Borla slated as the manufacturer for their aftermarket exhaust. Perhaps this is where the confusion stems from.

srt8dan
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
kooks catless headers keep stock exhaust and put an electric cutout right after headers

aplatero1984
03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
kooks catless headers keep stock exhaust and put an electric cutout right after headers

that would sound pretty kewl! esp with the cutouts!

srt8dan
03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
how do the sworks sound with zoomer

robleymd
03-22-2008, 02:31 AM
I just bought my SRT8 Jeep... love it... Woke the neighbors, but now I want to make them mad. What exhaust do I need? Sounds like the Corsa/Mopar, but let me know. Seriously... I want it loud.

Just curious, why can't you go down to the muffler shop and have them make some mods (muffler, larger pipes, etc) to get more sound/performance? Why the need to buy an aftermarket system? I'm willing to pay, but seems like they have the tools to do this.

rumplemenz
04-09-2008, 07:41 AM
i was going to change my vote to corsa (totally sweet sound) but after i noticed it was 1500 bucks i'll pass..! stock exhaust is fine for me... think that 1500 can be more useful in other areas..

maansy
07-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Corsa Catback with Mopar CAI
i simply love it :)

Barrie34
07-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I've got the Borla T cat-back installed now for about 500 miles and it suits me to a T! Just the right amount of the right kind of sound at WOT while at cruise it has absolutely NO/ZERO/NADA drone!!! Nuff said...
Barrie34

novaspeed
07-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Just installed the Corsa/Mopar cat back... SICK, great sound!!!

liquiddi
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
too bad they don't make a Bi Mode exhaust like I have on my C6. It's nice to be able to hit a button and the sound is on full or off. It's nice to be able to turn it off when you don't want it. I don't think I will ever put a system on the SRT8 because of the wife lol

SRT8 4 J
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm happy with the stock exhaust BUT I had the resonators removed. Has a good sound to it and alot easier on the budget...$50 vs. $1200...no brainer for me..I'd rather spend money on a different mod

EXTM
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
corsa is domenating :cool:
i liked the magnaflow with kooks, as it doesnt attract cops during WOT:D

UAEhemi
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
i've got it on my zo6 n i have it on my srt8 n i love it....
i would honestly recomend mopar/corsa exhaust..:D

junior666
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I have a zoomers exhaust and also had some dynomat installed. With my stage 2 HHP package the cam sounds sick! The proper tune(DYNOSTEVE) actually evened out the sound. When I hit it it screems with a sound that I can't get enough of! I would never change them, the sound is like an old 426.

SRT8LoveR
09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
which sounds louder the corsa or Borla-S?

Vinnysrt8
09-17-2008, 08:29 AM
i think the borla is louder that what i want but it to much new looking for a used 1

PROBABLE CAUZ
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
i have the borla s on now. all i can say is sweeeeet. makes the engine sound so menacing. :D:D

jaras1976
02-27-2009, 02:31 AM
I voted Other for Borla. I think I like the sound of the Corsa better but taking cost into count.

Borla S: ----Part # 140245 ----- Price: $1,299.99
Borla: ----Part # 140219 ----- Price: $1,459.99
Corsa: ----Part # 14451 ----- Price: $1,819.99
Zoomers: ----PART # API-1006 --- Price: No price on web site
Billy Boat: -Part # 5249956 ---- Price: $1,337.00
Magna Flow: -Part # 16709 ----- Price: $1,185.20

Billy Boats comes with 4.25" double walled stainless steel tips, this has a more aggressive look but could get in the way if you have or plan on getting any type of tow hitch.
Billy Boats also has some really nice videos of installation.

I could not find a price on Zoomers web site.

Zoomers seem to be the loudest and Magna Flow seems to be the quietest.

I had to go to Youtube to find sound of the Borla exhaust. Borla makes 2 different styles. I'm not sure which one I was lstening to on Youtube but I have read the S is more aggressive and the regular Cat Back system is alot more tame.

From what I can find you will be looking about 10-20 HP gain with any of these systems.

So if price is not a issue I would say Corsa, but if you want a nice aggressive sound and are not worried about ever having a trailer hitch I would say Billy Boat. I plan on doing a little towing and unless anyone wants to dish out for my exhaust system I'd have to watch the $'s and go with the Borla S.

The Dan
04-14-2009, 07:12 PM

www.stackperformance.com - Ask for Ryan

This is the shop that is doing my Corsa for my 09 GCSRT8
I have the Corsa on My Challenger SRT8. It is the best of all worlds. Quiet when you want to be quiet, Kick ass loud when you WOT it.
At a recent Dyno Day, I was able to listen to all of the systems (edit: except the Borla). By far the Corsa during WOT on the dyno made everyone check up. It is a great exhaust system.

Vinnysrt8
04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I have the borla s and im in love i recomend it to every one./

SoonToBeSRT
04-19-2009, 05:02 PM
ughhhh the great debate!!! im still stuck between pretty much borla or corsa and then headers - which is better with and without? anyone got vid of both set-up with and/or without headers, i just need to hear in person, one day lol, its all good

Niko
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Where are all of the deals on the MOPAR/Corsa exhaust system? I haven't seen one below $1300 for awhile.

fragss
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Borla S FTW

jhriss
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Wait for my post back on this.

True Stand Alone X pipe with Powersticks 3 internal 16" with BB resonators and custom mandrel piping with 5" Slash Thermal Tips.

read up on the info here, about flowmaster chambers/baffles, dynomax x pipe internal, magnaflow true x internal, powersticks, X pipe vs. H pipe and so on.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28362&page=3

Some good info I have found, just wanted to share since I see a lot of people voted other/custom for best exhaust.

Cherokee123
06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Wait for my post back on this.

True Stand Alone X pipe with Powersticks 3 internal 16" with BB resonators and custom mandrel piping with 5" Slash Thermal Tips.

read up on the info here, about flowmaster chambers/baffles, dynomax x pipe internal, magnaflow true x internal, powersticks, X pipe vs. H pipe and so on.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28362&page=3

Some good info I have found, just wanted to share since I see a lot of people voted other/custom for best exhaust.

thank for sharing

mandan007
06-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Take my vote off Billy Boat. Never got them. I went with rear mounted turbo which deleted the muffler and both resonators. No system or opinion from me.

mike c
08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Borla Stingers

kaos1
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Borla S. it sounds scary!!

DCSpecial
09-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Borla S :D

BlackJeepSRT
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Zoomers = the panty droppers of exhausts! :D

Sadly, Zoomers > Borla S, but Borla S tips > Zoomers tips.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29271

JJJ93z
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I went with Corsa b/c of the tips, no highway drone, and less attention from cops.

If I wanted a louder exhaust I would have picked up the BorlaS hands down.

Mike_Levy
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Gonna say MagnaFlow. Yes, the quality sucks ass, the tips are garbage, and its fairly quiet, but the performance is there. I think that for 90% of us, the true dual 3" kits flow too much. I went from Corsa to MagnaFlow, and knocked .08 off my 0-60 best, and .14 off consistently. Could be due to the strong midrange on my cam liking a bit more pressure, or could be due to the loss of torque caused by too little backpressure on the Corsa.

BlackJeepSRT
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
^ That doesn't count because of your multipled gains.

:lol:

But your Corsa with heads, cam, and headers sounded nicer than the Borla! :eek:

okiestate
11-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Has anyone simply taken off the mufflers? It would save weight and I bet the cats muffle the sound a lot anyway. If someone has how does it sound? Thinking about doing it to mine.

kokanee13
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
This needs to be updated...bad! With sound clips too!!

rmon
02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I heard a Corsa about a month ago on a local guy's GC. Now I have one on my Jeep. So please recast my vote to Corsa/Mopar for the first place cat back system.

jessiethe3rd
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Borla s for the win... Mine is being installed now

4ever-srt-8
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I have two question for you:
- wich exhaust is the best for my jeep: corsa or borla or other ?
- wich cai is the best, airaid good choice ?

next step, kooks headers and vortech system

* sorry for my bad english(speak french) Rob

centxsrt8
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I have two question for you:
- wich exhaust is the best for my jeep: corsa or borla or other ?
- wich cai is the best, airaid good choice ?

next step, kooks headers and vortech system

* sorry for my bad english(speak french) Rob

Borla S exhaust and the Bwoody 4in CAI.

DCSpecial
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Borla S :D

I'd change my vote now as I have since removed the Borla S.

My new vote is modified stock exhaust (Magnflow 5" rounds in place of stock muffler, resonators still in place) with electric cut-outs (I run QTPs).

Sales@JDP
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I would have to say being a distributor and installer of many exhaust systems. The best all around systems for performance gains, sound, price and ease of installation Magnaflows cat-back systems are the best!!!:D

Harrison@Stage6
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
I would have to say being a distributor and installer of many exhaust systems. The best all around systems for performance gains, sound, price and ease of installation Mganflows cat-back systems are the best!!!:D

And I'd have to agree with you!!

m4xm1l10n
09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
And I have heard that many times .. Maybe a Magnaflow cat back with Borla S tips hehe

Harrison@Stage6
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
No doubt dude. I wish Magnaflow would lose those UGLY ASS OVAL TIPS and get with the program!! I need to email them a pic of my Jeep!!

THIS IS HOW A MANGAFLOW SYSTEM SHOULD LOOK!!!!! A lot of Borla people I think buy them for the 5" tips. Too bad Borla puts some ugly ass Rolled Edge tips on their system.:mad::(

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/HarrisonZ/Random%20New%20Camera%20pics/IMG_0450-1.jpg

mandan007
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
No system for me, no mufflers or resonators, just rear mount turbo and 5" tips.

TheSrt8power
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
magnaflow and borla tips would be the best system hands down but thos eoval tips r what kept me from buying it

m4xm1l10n
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Harrison i do agree what you said in most part , now to call the Borla S tips ugly .. I rest my case here , see ya in another thread hehe

urntfstenuf
12-17-2010, 03:22 AM
I like the Billy Boat with the Kooks Headers.
Nice GN, what yr is it? any Mods?

YoungMedic23
12-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Nice GN, what yr is it? any Mods?

Why the hell would u bump a 4 year old thread to ask about a Grand National???

Learn how to use the damn private messaging system.....

cobraklr96
12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
last post was 3 months ago not 4 years ago!

why dont you relax and stop being an ass!

urntfstenuf
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Why the hell would u bump a 4 year old thread to ask about a Grand National???

Learn how to use the damn private messaging system.....
why do you give a **** what i ask? when I ask or whom I ask. now go make another video of your Jeep with that cheesy Music you listen to. :fight:

nighthawk306
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
i agree that magnaflow is going to be one of, if not the best for gains and ease of install. the tips really are not as bad as people are making them out to be. much nicer than the borlas. well designed resonated, double walled 5.5in tip is nice. the only issue i had was the quietness of it...

so, i took the rear resonators off and had 3" straight pipe added to the exhaust and have some 5" double walled tips on order. should be here next weekend.

LASRT
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Have slp lm1's with 5pm tips and res delete.

viciousone
12-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Yup magnaflows...cuz if one usually needs to upgrade to a y and cats it'll probably me a magnaflow anyways...

PureEvilSrt8
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
corsa exhaust with resonators after the x-pipe removed, everything else corsa left as is. sounds like a monster, enjoy

http://youtu.be/l6TPz-GHIgY

Harrison@Stage6
11-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Have slp lm1's with 5pm tips and res delete.

And it's LOUD AS HELL!!!

AROD
11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
The best muffler is no muffler :rolleyes: