throtle body spacer [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: throtle body spacer

kwoody87
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
what are your opinions on throtle body spacers(TBS)

lincoln
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
They do something on wet system but they do nothing for a dry system. I'm 99% sure our Jeeps are a dry system. What I mean by wet and dry (and I don't know the correct terminology to describe this but it's a common topic on my Chevy truck forum) IS for example, the older Chevy TBI engines are a wet system which I believe means the thing is fueled thru the throttle body were the later Vortec engine (like I have on mine) is dry, gas goes in after the TB. Does that make any sense??? In the later Chevys they do nothing for power or economy but the have an annoying whistling sound.

kwoody87
09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
ya i just put one on not to long ago and i just thought id post something about it, i have noticed the whistlingsound and it is quite annoying but i havent really noticed to much performance gain at all, it wasnt an expensive peice so im not to worried about it

SRTJeep
09-30-2006, 05:11 AM
At least one Charger at the Nats ran one, quote:"no performance gain but a different throttle response" Your choice though. HTH Gene

generalconfusion
10-03-2006, 12:46 AM
what are your opinions on throtle body spacers(TBS)

They dont work.......you might as well put 100 octane in your tank.....another waste of money and time. Spacers were designed for carbs to change the manifold signal to the venturis......needless to say......you dont have a carb!!!

kwoody87
10-03-2006, 01:26 AM
ya i know....but its to late now i was just cerious if anyone else had one in and actually saw performance gain and wasnt annoyed by the f****** whistling sound they make