GSM ESP Mode switch problem [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM ESP Mode switch problem

srt8suv
09-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Guys,
I had my ESP mode switch installed and it was working perfect till some problems came up.
Whenever I switch the ESP mode, and floor it, a strange sound comes from the rear diff, plus you feel a hesitation in the power delivery, like something is holding the car back!!:mad:
when i turn it off, and re-start the engine, it disappears!!
NOW, even when i turn off the Factory traction, this problem happens again!
Can anyone help?:confused:

slickrich555
09-24-2006, 12:10 PM
sorry to say but if it is a winny type noise then you goin to have to take to jeep dealer because its your rear diff doin that.. its under warranty but i know your going to have to change it ...it deff the bearings in the rear diff....trust me ...have it check out and let us know what they say ....

aoeart
09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I am having the same problem with my esp-fan mod. The whine sounds like the transfer case to me. The problem goes away when you restart with the switch off. It's definitely not the rear differential or the noise wouldn't go away after restart.

aoeart
09-25-2006, 03:54 PM
The mod also doesn't fully remove the slight lag between shifts.

srt8suv
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I dont think its a problem in the diff itself, like bearings or so.

When its normal, there is Nothing! if i switch any traction switch (Stock or ESP mode) the problems comes on.
Some times i feel there is some slipping going in, power goes down, its like you are pulling something from behind.
I am going to the dealer tomorrow, I need to remove the ESP first.
Man i hate this:mad:

aschuh
07-03-2008, 03:55 AM
i had the same sound in mine new when i hit about 900 miles button was on no mods(all factory) , meaning esp not off i gave it about 70% of gas peddle and bam it felt like the rear end feel out. what happend was the axle was to short from factory and axle striped and spider gears all snaped thay said it was commen. so that be some thing to look for. and the sound was a winding sound
hope i could help