Great News: Stainless Works Longtubes/Complete exhaust for GCG SRT8 coming! [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Great News: Stainless Works Longtubes/Complete exhaust for GCG SRT8 coming!

GotStroke?
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
I just got off the phone with Al, owner of Stainless Works in Chagrin Falls, OH (www.stainlessworks.net) and am extremely excited about the fact that my JGC will be the donor vehicle for fitment of their new full exhaust.
SW is well known in both Ford/GM camps for building some of the finest exhaust products money can buy. Another large benefit that SW provides is the use of non restrictive metallic substrate cats.
As soon as SCT releases a tuning solution to our engine management I'll drop my Jeep off. The prototyping should take around 2-3 weeks tops and there will be before/after dynos for all to see.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the good news. Another exhaust option, made by a tier one builder, is always a good thing. :)
I'm driving up next week to do a story on their new GT500 full exhaust and will post some pics of their work on this forum to give everyone an idea of what they can expect.
Just to clarify, we're waiting for tuning software because they tune before and after install to ensure we know exactly what gains the exhaust netted. They've already done a magnum SRT8 and found the A/F to be pig rich (killing power) after 4500rpm.

Thanks

srt8suv
09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Thats nice.. good luck with your system, I hope they can come up with something different than others, something that can be special in all terms from bends, mufflers, to Tips.:)

GotStroke?
09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Thats nice.. good luck with your system, I hope they can come up with something different than others, something that can be special in all terms from bends, mufflers, to Tips.:)

Thanks, and rest assured it will be a 100% custom designed system. :)

BBLV
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Crossing my fingers that its less than the insane pricing of the "other" headers at $1700.

srt8suv
09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks, and rest assured it will be a 100% custom designed system. :)

let me know dude, if you like it, i will buy one. I have swapped my SRT8 with my brother new SRT8 since he moved to the west cost. Now i want to try something different from Magnaflow and Kooks.
plz keep me updated:)

goldsgym
09-22-2006, 10:07 PM
let me know dude, if you like it, i will buy one. I have swapped my SRT8 with my brother new SRT8 since he moved to the west cost. Now i want to try something different from Magnaflow and Kooks.
plz keep me updated:)
swapped?
Elaborate????

09-24-2006, 07:52 AM
They do have a pretty good rep. on Ford sites, however, I have seen a thread recently of a bunch of guys complaining about the quality of the headers they received...fit and finish items.

Oh yeah...they ain't cheap eiter...so I would expect pricing to be similar to Kooks.

GotStroke?
09-24-2006, 12:16 PM
They do have a pretty good rep. on Ford sites, however, I have seen a thread recently of a bunch of guys complaining about the quality of the headers they received...fit and finish items.

Oh yeah...they ain't cheap eiter...so I would expect pricing to be similar to Kooks.

Interesting. I've never heard anything bad reg. SW, but everyone I know in the Mustang world with Kooks or Hookers hates them. :confused:

09-24-2006, 02:23 PM
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/stainless-works-headers-w-pics-62923.html?highlight=stainless+works

srt8suv
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
swapped?
Elaborate????

He wanted to have a silver one, which i have already.my car was moded with many things. so, we made a deal that he will give me his black one and i will give him my moded silver :p i was always looking for a black one.
in fact, i placed an order with Power ported performance for a set of ported heads and intake :D
its nice when everyone in the family rides an SRT-8 ;)

GotStroke?
09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/stainless-works-headers-w-pics-62923.html?highlight=stainless+works

Looks to be a random quality control issue to me. Every set I've seen has been perfect as far as fit and finish go. BTW, I've never seen an X that didn't have slag or another flow impediment in the crossover (Bassani, Dr. Gas, UPR, etc.)
LOL, there's actually a few endorsements for MAC Longtubes in that thread. Evidently they haven't heard about the 50+ cases (search the corral) of MAC LTs causing cylinder wall scoring/destroyed engines. ;)

09-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Looks to be a random quality control issue to me. Every set I've seen has been perfect as far as fit and finish go. BTW, I've never seen an X that didn't have slag or another flow impediment in the crossover (Bassani, Dr. Gas, UPR, etc.)
LOL, there's actually a few endorsements for MAC Longtubes in that thread. Evidently they haven't heard about the 50+ cases (search the corral) of MAC LTs causing cylinder wall scoring/destroyed engines. ;)

Yeah, I chuckled a little myself when I saw the comments on MAC. I would love to get some stainless works....

El Calor
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I have SW Headers on my Z06. I know that they are some of the best headers for Corvettes!