Turbo Jeep SRT8 Goes 12.2 @ 114 mph [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Turbo Jeep SRT8 Goes 12.2 @ 114 mph

LMP
09-19-2006, 06:47 PM
1.87 60 ft. time. Stock motor and stock heads running 7 psi boost. Video coming later.

Untouchable
09-19-2006, 07:09 PM
nice, I saw JH post on the blue site. Those are good numbers.

El Jefe
09-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Is JH still around? haha. Very nice #'s!!!!

radduc
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Too bad it's one of John Hennessy Jeeps.Wouldn't buy a thing from him.I am sure GSM will have there Jeep in high 11's once they tweak it

El Jefe
09-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Looks like it ran 12.06 but somehow he lost the video...right....

radduc
09-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I saw the Video,it was the 1/8 of a mile and by doing the math he came up with 12.6 and that was before he turned up the boost.Scott will post a full 1/4 run as soon as he get's it.the have nothing to hide.I am betting they get in the high 11's

LMP
09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
You guys will not appear to be too smart when the video gets posted tomorrow.

MatFab
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
You guys will not appear to be too smart when the video gets posted tomorrow.

your not too smart to just post without a video..

El Jefe
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats fine, then Ill retract my statements. But why would I or anyone believe anything JH says???? Were not getting into this again...

GotStroke?
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Too bad it's one of John Hennessy Jeeps.Wouldn't buy a thing from him.I am sure GSM will have there Jeep in high 11's once they tweak it

It's nice to see that someone understands what this man has done in the past should neither be forgotten or forgiven. I posted something similar to this on the blue site but evidently they're blinded by the fact that "someone" put a turbo on a GCSRT8. :confused:

srt8suv
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
did anyone mantioned JH?:p

I thought this post was related to some other company which is making a Turbo kit.. anyway

I would believe what i see !! even till today, GSM kits are not out !! I saw a video of Supercharger and Turbo charger.. but where are those customers who did the thing?
I dont mean to say anything about GSM or JH, but to say the trouth, I dont beleive anything till I see people are buying it and pictures are loaded on our Forum !!
:)

El Jefe
09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
No this is JH's turbo kit

unclgreggy
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
My GSM supercharger is at my mechanic BEING installed. It will have ported intake, heads, headers, exhaust and supercharger. Should be ready next week.

EXTM
09-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I have ordered a kit last June and I didnt get it till today :confused:
when did you order yours?

unclgreggy
09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I would say april or may. can't remember. I do know I was one of the first on the list.

Black_SRT8
09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice numbers, but documentation is needed for validation purposes.

FLSRT
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM
1.87 60 ft. time. Stock motor and stock heads running 7 psi boost. Video coming later.

I thought this was a SRT600. Doesn't that mean built lower and ported heads?

EXTM
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I would say april or may. can't remember. I do know I was one of the first on the list.
they told me the same, but its almost end of Sept. and till today i didnt hear anything from them!
Maybe they dont want to sell me the KIT!!:confused:

mabosc223
09-21-2006, 01:24 PM

I think I was #8 on the list and I still haven't gotten mine. But talked to Mike Q. and he said mine should be coming any day now. Whew. I guess you know the saying, some of the best things in life you have to wait for. D0ah! I hate that damn saying!!! :eek:

srt8suv
09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I read that so many other guys have already got their kits. when i called them in august they said that they have 18 kits on the pre-order system.
if you are no.8, then you should get it by any time now. People are installing theirs at the moment.

srt8suv
09-21-2006, 03:27 PM
My GSM supercharger is at my mechanic BEING installed. It will have ported intake, heads, headers, exhaust and supercharger. Should be ready next week.

Keep us updated :D

El Jefe
09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
theres a video up on the blue site(am I allowed to say that?). Pretty crappy. It looks like JH used a video camera to tape the video while it played on his computer.

El Jefe
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Form your own opinion:

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/garage/47892-jeep-srt8-turbo-12-a.html

MatFab
09-21-2006, 06:05 PM
hey he's honest... hah

auto addictions
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
How much for the kit on the GC
(As much as i can. As the Jeep sits its about $17k. The mail order DIY kit will run around $12k.)

The words of JH.

Hes f...... crazey!!

LMP
09-21-2006, 08:48 PM
What are people spending with the SC? Blower kit costs around $7k, heads are $3k, headers and exhaust another $2k, installation around $3k and you are at $15k if not more.

The SC will not run within a half second and 5 mph of the turbo in the 1/4 mile. I would spend the extra $2k for the turbo.

GotStroke?
09-21-2006, 09:56 PM
For that much $ you could easily have a custom kit built.

mabosc223
09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
What are people spending with the SC? Blower kit costs around $7k, heads are $3k, headers and exhaust another $2k, installation around $3k and you are at $15k if not more.

The SC will not run within a half second and 5 mph of the turbo in the 1/4 mile. I would spend the extra $2k for the turbo.

Dude what the hell are you talking about. The GSM Supercharger can easily hold it's own, especially with P&P Heads and Intake. It's by far the best bang for the buck RIGHT NOW!. JMHO. What do you work for John or something?

Untouchable
09-22-2006, 12:26 PM
maybe he is John, would nt be the first time:eek:

El Jefe
09-22-2006, 12:41 PM

Maybe but were still comparing a JH product vs the GSM product.

GSM > JH

copmagnet
09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Dude what the hell are you talking about. The GSM Supercharger can easily hold it's own, especially with P&P Heads and Intake. It's by far the best bang for the buck RIGHT NOW!. JMHO. What do you work for John or something?

No offense, but there isn't enough real world proof to justify either one of these forced induction choices as "the better one".. Are there any times posted yet.....anywhere of a GSM supercharged Jeep with P&P heads and intake? Let the man have an opinion. There really is no "by far the best bang for buck" at this moment because no one has consistently proved that with any form of forced induction...... It's just too soon to be jumping on anybody's band wagon. Wait till you see 5+ Jeep SRT's with the GSM blower or Hennessey turbo, see what they all consistently run, cost, and how reliable/problematic they are, and then come up with best bang for buck.

srt8suv
09-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Dont be so proud of GSM. I read so many things about them in different forums and even here. They have so many issues with customer service and fullfiling orders. They give promisses and they dont keep it. Am not sayin that JH is better than GSM. but the fact that those companies are serving the industry, and if they dont give a dam about the customers, then let them go to hill..
I have a friend of mine who ordered a supercharger and waited for 4 months!! what the **** (he didnt receive till today)
last time I called GSM and i was going to place an order for a supercahrger kit, they told me its going to take them 2 weeks to ship it out!! what about those who already ordered before myself long time ago and didnt receive it till today!!

Stick with the company that appreciate you, not just fool you

El Jefe
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Well we havent heard any stories of GSM selling parts off of customers cars or charging over $100k for a job that wasnt done. Every company has their flaws.

srt8suv
09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I am trying to say that we are looking for a company that can help us get what we want, not rob our pockets like JH, or store our money like GSM for months !!
There big companies like Vortech, Turbonetics, etc.. and when they say something, they just do it.
Imagine yourself buying a supercharger from GSM and they told you that they will ship it out to you in 2 weeks time, they charge your Card $7k++, and then !! 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4weeks, !! nothin:confused:
i will keep it to you to think about it.:D

El Jefe
09-22-2006, 05:27 PM
very true.

6.1 Turbo
09-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Given those two choices I would go with the turbo from JH because from what I have read he is not using aux injectors like GSM on the LX cars. The intake wasn't designed for fuel and a lot of people using that type of setup have had issues to say the least.

If you want to go to a less expensive turbo buy a universal kit from STS and use a piggyback to controll larger injectors, a FMU or a Boost-a-Pump. I have seen it done already and it works. There is a guy in Florida with twin turbo Cherokee. He bought two universal kits and fabricated his own pipes.

EXTM
09-23-2006, 04:43 AM
They took my money and till today have not delivered the Supercharger to me! its been 4 months !!:confused:
Everyday I call, they say, we will send you the tracking number via e-mail.. that was happening for almost 2 weeks.. and guess what? nothing !!:confused:

My advise to you guys, dont pay a f***ing penny to them till they confirm that they can ship the kit. otherwise, you will be just losing your money by holding it in their account.

Buy a universal turbo kit from some1, and do the rest at any local performance shop. this way you save money time, and EFFORTS!!

AVENGED7FOLD
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
its been 2weeks since my jeep str 8 went to JH for the turbo upgrade no problems yet.

SilverSRT8
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Thats only 2 weeks into a 2 year turbo upgrade....

How much is he charging for everything to be done??

El Jefe
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
how long did he say it would take? Couldnt something like this be done in less than 3 days!?!?

GSM
09-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Extm,

We did a "pre" order back in may on the web site

We are shipping kits as fast as we can pack them, I pm'd you my cell so I can handle your shipment personally

Thanks

Scott
GS Motorsports

GotStroke?
09-24-2006, 08:57 PM
FWIW, we caught JH spamming a GT500/Ford GT site under an assumed user name (he posted as if he were a customer of his) a few days ago. The best part is he is charging two to three times the amount of money that other reputable shops would sell the same amount of power for.

AVENGED7FOLD
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
i'll let yall know when its done..

radduc
09-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Best of luck with the Turbo,I hope you don't run into the problms that so many others have.

AVENGED7FOLD
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM

mabosc223
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I am trying to say that we are looking for a company that can help us get what we want, not rob our pockets like JH, or store our money like GSM for months !!
There big companies like Vortech, Turbonetics, etc.. and when they say something, they just do it.
Imagine yourself buying a supercharger from GSM and they told you that they will ship it out to you in 2 weeks time, they charge your Card $7k++, and then !! 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4weeks, !! nothin:confused:
i will keep it to you to think about it.:D

They have had over $10k of mine for atleast a few months and over a month ago I gave them another $7k roughly (I might be off a couple dollars or something). What pisses me off is that when I call them there is no one there, or if I leave a message no one calls me back. Now I own a business that employs over 100 people. I know the first thing is that the customer comes first. When you have more money then some people make in a year just sitting in Limbo, that could be interest building up for me. not them. They should of just told me, hey your Supercharger will not be ready for 3-4 months down the line. And not given me excuses after excuses. And I still don't have my Supercharger, and it's going to start snowing soon over here. Yes I know they are in California, but I'm not! :(. GSM needs more staff, and WAY better service. I should of been getting a call atleast every other day on the update of my S/C. Or even a simple email. I've been holding in my anger now for some time. This is just getting ridiculous now. Buyer Beware. That's just my Two Cents...................

radduc
09-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Not saying the long wait is ok,But wasn't the whole purpose for preording it guaranteeing you a supercharger.Everyone that did the pre order knew they were not ready and correct me if I am wrong,but didn't you guys get a better price as well?

El Jefe
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
FWIW, we caught JH spamming a GT500/Ford GT site under an assumed user name (he posted as if he were a customer of his) a few days ago. The best part is he is charging two to three times the amount of money that other reputable shops would sell the same amount of power for.
have a link?

srt8suv
09-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Not saying the long wait is ok,But wasn't the whole purpose for preording it guaranteeing you a supercharger.Everyone that did the pre order knew they were not ready and correct me if I am wrong,but didn't you guys get a better price as well?

Waiting is Ok if you know that there is an agreed time of waiting. Plus that when they offered the pre-ordering thing, it was the same price of what is on now. the only added value is that you are secured to get one!

IMO, they shouldnt charge people the full amount, at any time till shipping date. you will never know when they are going to shipped it to you!

when I joined the forum here, I was very intersted to order one, even if you search around, you will find a post to Ryan GSM asking him about time, availability, and cost for the kit, I even called them and ordered a couple of things. But now, I have changed my mind. I might be ONE person, but trust me, you will see MORE. by the way its just my opinion :)

GotStroke?
09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
have a link?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319408

JH posted as "CarmelSVT" in that thread.

The GT forum thread has been deleted.

radduc
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Understood,I thought you got it at a better price as well.

Jerod
09-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Didn't see the vid in the thread but here it is if you guys haven't seen it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/SRT8/0/bc2d421c-b3d9-4418-8a9e-98430102514f.htm

SRTJeep
09-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Those guys have a big plus going for themselves having a JGC to design parts to fit and try them out. A big plus in my book! Gene:D

radduc
09-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Even on JH Jeep you can hear the hesitation going from 3rd to 4th.These things need a trani tune badly!!

mabosc223
09-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Understood,I thought you got it at a better price as well.

Not me. :confused:

All I want is some tracking #'s from GSM. I know the performance their parts will give will speak for themselves. My installer has an AWD Dyno, so as soon as I get my kit, I'll have #'s for a variety of their parts, Ok. I know once GSM gets their customer service together they will dominate the aftermarket for Hemi's. They have good people running the joint, but they need more help. That's all. Good people are hard to find.

GSM
09-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey Mike,

Your S/C Kit has been packed and shipped ,I have PM'd your tracking #'s

I will contact you directly tomorrow on your complete order

Thank you for being patient

Scott

GS Motorsports

jeffom
10-25-2006, 05:33 AM
To bad it's 80k for the Jeep good deal ... rrrriigghhhttt ..

Vinnysrt8
10-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Good time.

Power Ported Performance
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Good time.

Damn, you brought a thread from 2006 back to the top? You were really doing some searching. lol.

freemaSSon
10-17-2008, 08:01 PM
ol monkey baller is DIGGING UP OLD BONES!!!!!!!!!

Vinnysrt8
10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I was bored im going out tonight with a new girl tonight and i got to pick her up at 11

Power Ported Performance
10-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I was bored im going out tonight with a new girl tonight and i got to pick her up at 11

I should be asleep by then. lol.

Vinnysrt8
10-17-2008, 08:24 PM
I should be asleep by then. lol.

Im usally a sleep at 10:30 11 tonight going to be a long night. but a good night:)

navyavi469
10-17-2008, 11:06 PM
WTF is this thread still doing here? I've got something for Hennessey......

FriscoHemi
10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
vid vid vid!!!

statical dood!
please!!