max rpm? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: max rpm?

jaybruce
09-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Is it possible to pull the max rpm an engine has seen from the computer? If so, is it possible to reset this?

What I would like is a way to check and see what the max my engine has seen when I recieve it and be able to reset and check this again in the future.

basicly like a tach with memory but without having to actually add one.

srt8suv
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM
to my knowledge, you cant!
sorry

GINTER
09-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Is it possible to pull the max rpm an engine has seen from the computer? If so, is it possible to reset this?

What I would like is a way to check and see what the max my engine has seen when I recieve it and be able to reset and check this again in the future.

basicly like a tach with memory but without having to actually add one.

When it hits fuel cut-off, it's at 6000. Why would you want more data? There's a mod to raise the fuel cut-off to 6800, which I think, is a blessing. Too bad it acts weird when you overrrev (shutting down the engine, or something ridiculous like that). Current setup just sits there at 6000, providing fuel just enough to keep it at 6K, until you shift (if in manual mode). For best results, at WOT, keep it in auto.

jaybruce
09-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Why would you want more data?

To see if some nut job at a port took a little joy ride while loading/unloading my truck for delivery. I want to follow a very specific break-in and just wanted a way to check that it hasn't already 'violated' before I recieve it.

radduc
09-18-2006, 07:49 AM
I think you might be a bit anal or paranoid

jaybruce
09-18-2006, 08:58 AM
I think you might be a bit anal or paranoid
LOL!!
quite possibly!!

srt8suv
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM
When it hits fuel cut-off, it's at 6000. Why would you want more data? There's a mod to raise the fuel cut-off to 6800, which I think, is a blessing. Too bad it acts weird when you overrrev (shutting down the engine, or something ridiculous like that). Current setup just sits there at 6000, providing fuel just enough to keep it at 6K, until you shift (if in manual mode). For best results, at WOT, keep it in auto.

mind you. but i feel the car is faster when you are in the Manual mode.. just make sure to shift at the point befor the car gets into the red line and then ..boom
i had to do so many tests to make it, and now.. wow i can shift like auto with no single drop of power.. try it :)