what new mods after cai and exhaust? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: what new mods after cai and exhaust?

little leo
09-08-2006, 10:13 PM
hey guys, how is everyone doing? I was wondering, ihave both mopar cai and exhaust, what next? i dont want to void warnt. and im looking for something that i will def. feel the diff in power or pic up. has anyone else just have these two mods? and what times did you get 0-60 or 1/4. i did noitice i was on 280 and a bmw 740i, was ridding my ass, so he try to pass, i drop it and he hit it two, he couldnt pass. and i slow pulled away, but not by much, i really think this truck is great 0-60 but after that not as great as i would thought, but then again, i really dont know much about the 740 it might be very fast also. any feed back . also has anyone notice that in drive you get some hestation almost like it dosnt kick down to the right gear. i ask the dealer and he said alot of srt8 300 say the saym thing its has to do with the esp and trottle. they are supose to come out with a upgrade, but who knows. sorry for so much off topic info, i just trust people with the same truck as me, and since these are very special trucks, we are i think in a differnt class from other people. have the time people dont even know what my jeep is, they think i did the mods my self. and then i tell them its a srt8 and they say what is that. then i have to go in to all the details lol. ooo funny story my brothers neibor has a vipor well did, untill he pop the cluch and tryed to show off, and ran in to a wall lol what a dumb ass. so they tot. the car, he saw my jeep, so i let him drive it, and he was very impressed, he said he going totry to get one in oct. think he said hed want a 07 i told him todo it know if he can find one and safe so much money,the 07 isnt imo worth anything more, you save so much right now. i was the second peperson around my area well from the dealer who sold my deep, i was on the waiting list, everyone orderd them but then when they came in they cancle gess they chicken out cause of the gas. so i got luck a silver one landed on my lap with everything i wanted in it, all but the rear dvd, i have no need for it.plus this was about 4mnts ago and i got him to give me the truck for a 1000off sticker that was sick for that time, i got it at warrnock. i did trade in a 06 hemi charger with very low mils. i own it took a lil beating on that,so it all kinda ballance out, he said he woul do it if i fincace with him,they make money that way, i said shure lol... next day went to my bank cashed out some of my bonds payed the truck off, so thanks for the money off the sticker price lol. i was going to take a loss with the charger anyway, so that didnt bother me, what bother me was how many people were selling for like 5 over. i had on dealer say he had a demo that the owner was using and a new one coming in in a day, so i said ok are u discount the demo,they said know he wasn 5 over sticker for that one two. i just laugh ok im just going on and on, that what ambem dose to you late at night, hope you all dont think im a freek, i like to have fun and i plan on helping anyone who talk to me the best that i can. just kinda get the feeling most dont like me here, i talk to much lol.. o ps.. dont mind the spelling. sorry its rude i know.well if you really read all this crazy post please feel free to give me a line or keep ading to the post. also lets here some kill stories. , i just smoked a stang that had work done really louhd cat back, hated this kid, drove like a ass. almost try to kill bpople. so pull next to him, we both hit it, and i pulled away, rolled down the window and put my pointer finger to my thumb to let him know he is to small, they he got mad and started cuting everyonen off just to get in front of me again, but by then i didnt care.

Untouchable
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
man, give up the ambien and try Hooked on Phonics. That was a nice post and pretty much covered everything that has ever happened in your life, keep it up;)

Black_SRT8
09-08-2006, 11:33 PM
hey guys, how is everyone doing? I was wondering, ihave both mopar cai and exhaust, what next? i dont want to void warnt. and im looking for something that i will def. feel the diff in power or pic up. has anyone else just have these two mods? and what times did you get 0-60 or 1/4. i did noitice i was on 280 and a bmw 740i, was ridding my ass, so he try to pass, i drop it and he hit it two, he couldnt pass. and i slow pulled away, but not by much, i really think this truck is great 0-60 but after that not as great as i would thought, but then again, i really dont know much about the 740 it might be very fast also. any feed back . also has anyone notice that in drive you get some hestation almost like it dosnt kick down to the right gear. i ask the dealer and he said alot of srt8 300 say the saym thing its has to do with the esp and trottle. they are supose to come out with a upgrade, but who knows. sorry for so much off topic info, i just trust people with the same truck as me, and since these are very special trucks, we are i think in a differnt class from other people. have the time people dont even know what my jeep is, they think i did the mods my self. and then i tell them its a srt8 and they say what is that. then i have to go in to all the details lol. ooo funny story my brothers neibor has a vipor well did, untill he pop the cluch and tryed to show off, and ran in to a wall lol what a dumb ass. so they tot. the car, he saw my jeep, so i let him drive it, and he was very impressed, he said he going totry to get one in oct. think he said hed want a 07 i told him todo it know if he can find one and safe so much money,the 07 isnt imo worth anything more, you save so much right now. i was the second peperson around my area well from the dealer who sold my deep, i was on the waiting list, everyone orderd them but then when they came in they cancle gess they chicken out cause of the gas. so i got luck a silver one landed on my lap with everything i wanted in it, all but the rear dvd, i have no need for it.plus this was about 4mnts ago and i got him to give me the truck for a 1000off sticker that was sick for that time, i got it at warrnock. i did trade in a 06 hemi charger with very low mils. i own it took a lil beating on that,so it all kinda ballance out, he said he woul do it if i fincace with him,they make money that way, i said shure lol... next day went to my bank cashed out some of my bonds payed the truck off, so thanks for the money off the sticker price lol. i was going to take a loss with the charger anyway, so that didnt bother me, what bother me was how many people were selling for like 5 over. i had on dealer say he had a demo that the owner was using and a new one coming in in a day, so i said ok are u discount the demo,they said know he wasn 5 over sticker for that one two. i just laugh ok im just going on and on, that what ambem dose to you late at night, hope you all dont think im a freek, i like to have fun and i plan on helping anyone who talk to me the best that i can. just kinda get the feeling most dont like me here, i talk to much lol.. o ps.. dont mind the spelling. sorry its rude i know.well if you really read all this crazy post please feel free to give me a line or keep ading to the post. also lets here some kill stories. , i just smoked a stang that had work done really louhd cat back, hated this kid, drove like a ass. almost try to kill bpople. so pull next to him, we both hit it, and i pulled away, rolled down the window and put my pointer finger to my thumb to let him know he is to small, they he got mad and started cuting everyonen off just to get in front of me again, but by then i didnt care.
I pasted this paragraph in Microsoft Word - I haven't seen so much red and green since Christmas!

Seriously, Leo, if you want to retain your warranty, the only mods I see you making are headers, and maybe a pcm flash.

Our GC already comes with headers, but some members have seen results with Kooks long-tube headers.

Most members agree that in order to see improved gains, the PCM must be unlocked and reprogrammed. However, currently, a bona fide and performance-proven tune is not available. I recommend you save your money and wait for a hand-held tuner. Only a tuner will take full advantage of your modifications, as well as unlock our truck's complete potential.

PS: Dealerships are ambivalent about PCM tunes nullifying the warranty; you better check with them beforehand.

BahnBlastR
09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Congrats on the purchase of the Jeep Dude. You are headed in the right direction with the CAI and cat-backs. Just chill out, enjoy the Jeep and wait for the PCM flash. Now all you need to do is lay off the weed and hit the little spell check button, and there is always that hooked on Phonics thing that Untouchable mentioned.....:rolleyes:

Seriously though! Welcome to the forum and keep writing those novels - fun stuff. Just don't stick your "pointer finger and thumb" at me because I will get mad and cry!

Beltfed
09-09-2006, 08:18 AM

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4223/waters6xx.gif

That aside, I agree with Black_SRT8 .......:)

little leo
09-09-2006, 11:17 PM
i Know i have to lay off the weed, but can anyone really? well at least i made some of you laugh. pass on some more kill stories. and will someone else for gods sake make a ass out of them selves other then me lol.... take care

ps. come on really when was the last time you had a story like that.

just call me little leo aka. spell check lol

Black_SRT8
09-09-2006, 11:37 PM
pass on some more kill stories

Tonight, I killed a new Celica GT.

little leo
09-10-2006, 08:56 PM
nice was it even close black? so if i do the headers what one should i go with? and how much dose it run, i cant do it my self so i would have to have it install. and what dose it really do?

Black_SRT8
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
No, Leo, it was a massacre :)

I know I should choose tougher competition, but beggars can't be choosers.