Need advice about exhaust upgrade? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Need advice about exhaust upgrade?

F360
09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I was planning to install LT headers with off road pipes and B&B exhaust, but after driving my truck for almost 1k, I just loved the quietness of the factory system for daily drivability and for days with a bad migraine.

I thought of the following options:
1- LT headers with off road pipes + electrical cutout
2- LT headers with off road pipes + Corsa exhaust
3- LT headers with off road pipes + B&B exhaust
4- LT headers with off road pipes only

My goal is to get the highest possible gain from the upgrade, loud at WOT and quit for daily use.
I would appreciate your input and suggestions.

radduc
09-08-2006, 07:15 AM
If you want performance get the KooK's headers and the GSM CAI.Thats all you will need.

F360
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
If you want performance get the KooK's headers and the GSM CAI.Thats all you will need.

Thanks radduc for your help

I have ordered the CAI. I will start with the LT headers for now and I may add Corsa later.
Any experience with the electrical cutouts? Having free flowing exhaust when needed is wonderful

MatFab
09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks radduc for your help

I have ordered the CAI. I will start with the LT headers for now and I may add Corsa later.
Any experience with the electrical cutouts? Having free flowing exhaust when needed is wonderful

i have cutouts on my 72 chevelle. they are from quiktimeperformance.com. They work well and seal very nicely. definently could be cool

srt8suv
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
KOOKS are fine, but i had a problem with the offroad pipe alignment with the CAT-back and the Headers itself. I had to do some Cutting/weldings.
but its really powerful and i like it.

Magna flow is really cool. i have it on my car and its not that noisy..