Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Qa1 customers please read!!!

7K views 71 replies 14 participants last post by  silverbullet 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, just got off the phone with QA1. When I first tested the shocks, I was testing an older set. They got bought out, and we got the new sets now. There is a problem with the shocks that they are aware of and they will fix ASAP. It's not a major thing. They said the turn around will be 2-4 days. We need to figure out whose shocks are effected in the first round. I know of 3 so far being Wade's and Ernie's and Tony's. Brian's aka AF_Maineiac's haven't been making the noise. If you guys have access to a vice, out one end in it and pull and push on the other end. If you hear or feel a sound or click or clunk, call 952-985-5675 and they will give you a RA #. If you guys have to end up paying shipping, please let us know the amount and we will fully refund your shipping cost to you.

The second round guys.... we are shipping back the shocks to QA1 today. We are hoping to have them back by beginning of next week. Again, when we receive them, we will be going out to you guys that same day. We have been going through y'alls shipment of shocks and they seem to all be one of the bad one's as well.

We are truly sorry for the 1000th time. We know QA1 will make this right for all parties. It just sucks that this has happened. We have currently suspended new orders until this is sorted out. The new sleeves have been made and we will be picking them up this afternoon. Thanks for you understanding guys. We really appreciate it!!

You can ask for Marshall at QA1 and tell them you are a customer of Stage 6 Motorsports.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes we are Brian. We just got the call about 20mins. ago saying that they are ready.:D

#5 ·
So far..... 3 of 4 have had issues. I think everyone else has held off on installing them. Can your inlaws ship them back to us and we'll take care of it for you? We will handle it for you no prob. ya Canuck.;) PM me and we'll talk more about it.

#8 ·
Just have them ship it to the return addy on the box Fred.

Removing the sleeves is easy, I just used a hammer and a ratchet adapter and tapped them out took like a minute to do. I called and still waiting for them to email my RA return information.
Yeah me too. He said I'll get it shortly.

#7 ·
Removing the sleeves is easy, I just used a hammer and a ratchet adapter and tapped them out took like a minute to do. I called and still waiting for them to email my RA return information.

#9 ·
If you guys have access to a vice, out one end in it and pull and push on the other end. If you hear or feel a sound or click or clunk, call 952-985-5675 and they will give you a RA #.
can you please elaborate on the testing procedure? Thanks

#10 ·
I'll PM you shortly. I'll get a video done for you. We are gonna handle your case a little differently due to you being in Abu.

#20 ·
Thanks for the update HB. I thought about the shocks today and what the status was......you must have felt my energy! haha

#21 ·
Update...

Well it took 100+ miles or so w/the new shocks, but Brad reported late last night that the knocking sound finally surfaced. :(

Harrison - do I need to return anything to you, or do I just wait for the new sleeves to be mailed?

#22 ·
Brian.... It's not the sleeves it's the shocks. You'll need to call QA1 and they'll give you a RA# and they will take care if you. They know everything that's going on. Talk to Marshall or Corey. Or if you want you can ship them back to us and we will take care of it. You'll get them back sooner though if you do it. Sleeve are going out today and tomorrow. Thanks Brian. PM if you've got anymore questions.

#23 ·
Just talked to Marshall at QA1. Got my UR# and shipping my shocks to them today. Here's their address if anyone needs it. Had to ship it on my own though.

QA1 Motorsports
21730 Hanover Avenue
Lakeville, MN 55044

#28 ·
I know what you're saying Wink but I do have to give them credit though. They have been in touch with me very well and are very interested in getting this ordeal in the past. I was a little disappointed that the shocks went out like this but it is what it is. We are trying to do everything on our part to make it right for you guys. Even if it is taking a decent hit out of our bottom line. You guys stepped up for a great product that I tested and it tested perfect.

We installed a set on Chris' Jeep yesterday that we got in and I got to hear the dreaded knocking.:eek: Crazy. Good news is they know the issue with the valving and we will be taken care of. Our last shipment that we got yesterday goes back tomorrow. We sent some customers new sleeves out today and will finish the rest tomorrow. It's just been a crazy two weeks and just can't wait to put this little fiasco behind us and move on.

We got our ram air kits in now and are going to be doing a GB on them starting next week. I've got 2 sold but they bought shocks too. I'm pretty confident our next sale will be much better.:D

#31 ·
New orders will start again when I can have a 100% guarantee that the new ones we receive will be right. We haven't had a chance to do anything with the front. More than likely we will work on it when my Jeep goes down after tuning next weekend. We are more worried about the rears right now than the fronts.;)

#36 ·
Hi Harry.... can't remember but I believe I'm in the second order right? Whats the ETA (not holding you to it)? Your best guess on when I can expect to see the rear shocks?

Thanks
Steve

#37 ·
It's reasons like this I will be choosing Stage6 to do my FI work when I am no longer a broke college grad paying off loans... :D

It's great to see a company that stands up and takes responsibility for a product, even when it wasn't their product that had an issue! Stage6 FTW :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.