Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Viking vs Conqueror or Proseries

15K views 69 replies 21 participants last post by  jntdysf 
#1 ·
I need to decide on a transmission soon. I can feel my shifts getting sloppy especially from 2nd to 3rd gear. I plan on running Mid 9s so I want to buy the right transmission the first time around. Are the paramount transmission worth the extra $1k-2k. Need help deciding.

#52 ·
SHR is nothing but Smoke and Mirrors.
IE sure talks a good game.
I have seen first hand SHR War Vikings DOA and some smoke after 1-2 runs on the drag strip first hand.

CP

#56 ·
Serious question. How many different ways can you build a nag1? How many upgradable parts are out there for a nag1 besides the options that both builders mentioned use?

#67 ·
we did a group buy with them. good transmission and customer service. i had some unfortunate luck with mine because of installation issues/errors due to the output flange being from a 2012 WK2. Nothing at fault with the trans, but they rebuilt it from the ground up at no charge to me. The other trans in the group buy are running well. I just did a trans flush on one that was heavily used. Still running well and running it through its paces. These trans do have their limitations just like the others, but a good quality piece IMO if you are looking for something to support the average build.

.....but why settle on anything other than the Super Pro. Hands down the best trans and money spent. It is a beast that will knock your fillings out of your teeth!!!

#64 ·
I had the conqueror trans. for about 5 years with absolutely no complaints. It lasted 3 years plus the first event of this year before finally letting go. In my opinion paramount transmissions are second to none and Builder Bills customer service is top notch.

Reactions: 2grand
#68 ·
I have a Gearstar trans and it's been in my rig for over a year now and running like a champ. Just did a flush in it a few months ago and I am very happy with it. Customer service has been great as well and the guy who built the trans has over 30 years of experience building transmissions.

Reactions: Passmg2 and mondo
#70 ·
Anyone have any input on Russell Drake's transmission work? It looks like he has a new transbrake-valvebody option on his facebook page. What's going on with tuning the TCM these days? It looks like TCM tuning is being offered with some of the transmissions being offered out there through HPT tuners. I'll be needing a transmission in the future. I want to make an informed decision. :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.