GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP!

Am I missing something? I am trying to install the black housing, but only see one long bolt, without a nut for the back. How do you install the bolt through the big rubber grommet in the center of the housing? I do have the small bolt in, but have no idea how to add the second bolt?

Thanks,
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM
ge2
Major Contributing Member

Re: GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP!

So it sounds like they STILL have not fixed the problem! (see: READ HERE)

I ended up using all of my own hardware. I used a large nut, bolt and washer through the bottom rubber grommet. I used a nut and bolt through the single hole on the back of the airbox, and then I used a wingnut and bolt to attach the tube arm mount to the hole in airbox. I was assured that fixed their hardware issue. Doesn't sound like it. Too too too bad. I feel for you man.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2
So it sounds like they STILL have not fixed the problem! (see: READ HERE)

I ended up using all of my own hardware. I used a large nut, bolt and washer through the bottom rubber grommet. I used a nut and bolt through the single hole on the back of the airbox, and then I used a wingnut and bolt to attach the tube arm mount to the hole in airbox. I was assured that fixed their hardware issue. Doesn't sound like it. Too too too bad. I feel for you man.

Yes, that is what happened to me. Thanks for the info!

I ended up using my own stuff, but I am missing 3 of those black plastic snaps which hold the top plate down, along with nuts for the bolts. I am also missing the weather shield.

GSM, please send me the missing parts ASAP as the top cover looks like crap without the black plastic snaps. I also need the weather shield.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM
ge2

I had all the snaps, but no nuts at all. Also came with 3 heat shields, but no rain shield. The rain shield finally got here. I had the whole thing apart yesterday (swapping in the silver tube to replace the chrome one they originally sent me) but decided to not put the rain shield on quite yet. I will say, after driving with this intake on for a month, the filter was still very clean. There were a few bugs on it, but that's about it.

Good luck. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems. I was told that the hardware and fitting issues, and lousy instruction sheets had been fixed.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2
I had all the snaps, but no nuts at all. Also came with 3 heat shields, but no rain shield. The rain shield finally got here. I had the whole thing apart yesterday (swapping in the silver tube to replace the chrome one they originally sent me) but decided to not put the rain shield on quite yet. I will say, after driving with this intake on for a month, the filter was still very clean. There were a few bugs on it, but that's about it.

Good luck. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems. I was told that the hardware and fitting issues, and lousy instruction sheets had been fixed.
Thanks again ge2!

You would think for the $300 price tag you would not have these kind of issues...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 08:56 AM
ge2

Agreed. I did email GSM about this thread, so hopefully Scott or Ryan will be along shortly to address the issues.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM

Angry Re: GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP!

Guys, I'm very sorry you're having problems with (missing hardware). Embarassed by it, I ask that you e-mail (not PM) me your exact needs and I will take care of it. I'll also be out back checking to see whay things are NOT BEING PROPERLY PACKED. I'm very sorry and I look forward to your e-mails so I can get you what you need and paid for...no excuse and our mistake.

ryan@gsmotorsports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2
Agreed. I did email GSM about this thread, so hopefully Scott or Ryan will be along shortly to address the issues.

Ryan
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMSales
Guys, I'm very sorry you're having problems with (missing hardware). Embarassed by it, I ask that you e-mail (not PM) me your exact needs and I will take care of it. I'll also be out back checking to see whay things are NOT BEING PROPERLY PACKED. I'm very sorry and I look forward to your e-mails so I can get you what you need and paid for...no excuse and our mistake.

ryan@gsmotorsports.com
Ryan, I shot you an email last night and waited about an hour before posting a thread. I had my intake off so I needed answers quick.

I will send you another email with missing parts and my address info.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:50 AM

i got it installed by them at their shop....so i was free of any worries!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by split2112
i got it installed by them at their shop....so i was free of any worries!
Well "Web" your problem is solved. Drive 2 days non-stop from Savannah to LA & have them install it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode