Hi-flow cats or off road mids? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member

Question Hi-flow cats or off road mids?

I am looking at getting Kooks headers but can't decide if I should get hi flow cats or go with the off road package. For all of you that have done this which offers more power and the best sound?

-Adam
URGENT-California gun owners and 2A supporters your help is needed! There are 2 bills on the govanator's desk that need to be vetoed. Calls, emails,faxes and letters are needed! Click link for more info-http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=221473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

Re: Hi-flow cats or off road mids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT'sGCSRT8
I am looking at getting Kooks headers but can't decide if I should get hi flow cats or go with the off road package. For all of you that have done this which offers more power and the best sound?
I opted for the off road version, but had to add cats or my installer wouldn't finish the job. My point is to make sure your installer will do the work before hand so you don't feel cornered.

As for power, the straight pipes should deliver a few more, but you will definately get the dreaded CEL. With the good comes the bad.

Anthony

Anthony

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 AM

Catless is the way to go.With my B&B the sound is awesome
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

With metallic substrate cats with the correct cell count, there's really no need to go off road, you won't lose any power at the levels we're talking about.
This is coming from someone who's always run O/R pipes until now. It's also nice not to stink like gas everytime you have to go somewhere.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDLOSE
Catless is the way to go.With my B&B the sound is awesome
Only problem is law enforcement cracking down on cars with illegal/faulty emissions equipment.

I've been to a couple of meets where state troopers waited for us to leave a crowded parking lot and stopped EVERY vehicle and actually crawled under them looking for violators.....

That's why i'll compromise some sound/performance to keep mine legal.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Hmm

I run the Metallic substrat cats on my 03COBRA and the car puts down over 750 at the wheels. On a 400-500 hp car normal high flows will work fine as long as the rest of the exhaust is good..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow91
Only problem is law enforcement cracking down on cars with illegal/faulty emissions equipment.

I've been to a couple of meets where state troopers waited for us to leave a crowded parking lot and stopped EVERY vehicle and actually crawled under them looking for violators.....

That's why i'll compromise some sound/performance to keep mine legal.
Talk about ridiculous. Your tax dollars at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode