Phenolic Redemption - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Exclamation Phenolic Spacer Update

I dont want to beat this to death, and in order to keep things civil and not be accused of thread crapping when discussing the very subject the thread was opened about.........I would like you to take a look at what the LX forum is NOW stating as to why the subject engines had oil leak problems. It is clearly stated that these phenolic spacers have been used by some members, such as 1bd4dr for some time without incident. It seems that the engines in question had milled heads, therefore causing some sealing problems and some of the senior members have also verified that the 5.7 and 6.1 are in fact different.....AND as I have suspected for some time since, on ocassions 06 Jeep members have noticed a "puff" of smoke on start up......the PCV valve and crankcase system should be checked.

Read pages 9 and 10. Even go back to page 8 where 1bad4dr states he has had them on for 3,000 miles and run up to 140mph with no problem.

What a difference a few days makes when the facts start to surface and people arent shooting their guns BEFORE there out of the holster!!!!.

Hey.......but what do I know??

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...t=60968&page=9

Last edited by generalconfusion; 04-15-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,362 Posts
Garage
Re: Phenolic Redemption

It also seems that the 5.7 uses O-rings and not a gasket like the 6.1.

Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Phenolic Redemption

Today Running 9's and I met up at GSM to dyno the B&G vs stock ECU...thats another thread but while there Running 9's (Phil) decided to go with the phenolic spacers. Scott pulled his manifold and sure enough it has oil around the entire manifold. We cleaned it up and reinstalled his manifold with the spacers and two gaskets.

We drove back to my house which is about 9 miles from GSM the truck sat for about 2 minutes while we hooked up a scanner......we popped the hood and the manifold was at best warm and no comparison near the heat being radiated by the heads......this will work nicely with that Nitrous set on his truck! Thursday @ Irwindale.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode