Borla Exhaust - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Borla Exhaust

Ive just contacted Borla and they are just perfecting an exhaust for the gcsrt8. they said it should be finished in 4-6 weeks! i think i might hold off and go with the borla.
what do you guys think? wait for borla or go with an already manufactured one??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Re: Borla Exhaust

I have the corsa/mopar. I had borla on other vehicles and loved it. I would wait to at least compare gains and pricing. Minimal gain from the corsa although some members reported dyno increases of 10 to 20hp. At most I picked up a 10th in the 1/4. I invested 1300.00 bucks for a 10th and some sound. I am actually considering selling my corsa. Anyways, good luck!!!
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage

If you expected anymore from a cat-back, then I could have told you to to save your money. Cat-backs by themselves don't do much. They just free up pressure to help other mods.

Steve
'15 Black over Red Vapor WK2 SRT-8 (It's got a trunk mat!)
SOLD '06 Silver WK1 SRT-8 (Borla Type-S, Predator, K&N, Eibachs, S6M Shocks, JBA A-arms, 275/315)
'06 White E55 (STAR dropped, iForged Imolas, Eurocharge tune, HE - 483whp)
'94 Black Mustang GT (cam bearings spun/scored...new HCI 331 stroker coming soon)

PITTZ said I am special
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigmang
Ive just contacted Borla and they are just perfecting an exhaust for the gcsrt8. they said it should be finished in 4-6 weeks! i think i might hold off and go with the borla.
what do you guys think? wait for borla or go with an already manufactured one??
Just as Corsa is the maker of the Mopar Exhaust for our GCSRT8,Borla is the maker of the Mopar exhaust for the Dodge Charger,Magnum, and Chrysler 300.
As far as expecting more than a tenth or so in the quarter mile,lets face it most of us that change out the exhaust do it for the sound.I had the borla on my Charger and I have looked at the Corsa for my GC.As far as quality and design they are equal.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSRT8
Just as Corsa is the maker of the Mopar Exhaust for our GCSRT8,Borla is the maker of the Mopar exhaust for the Dodge Charger,Magnum, and Chrysler 300.
As far as expecting more than a tenth or so in the quarter mile,lets face it most of us that change out the exhaust do it for the sound.I had the borla on my Charger and I have looked at the Corsa for my GC.As far as quality and design they are equal.
I love the Mopar catback,but if it gained me anything it was more likely a hundredth not a tenth!! Blackstallion has an '06 with the same mods (CAI, fan mod and 170 thermostat) but without the catback and we both run 12.8 at the same strip same day. I just did not care for the sound in the stock mufflers. Thought it had a "cackle" (shrilly) sound to it. Hell, I don't know the right word to describe the original sound that I did not care for.
Bill
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

i was leaning towards a magnaflow. but now i might wait to see how the borla turns out. borla seems to have the best reputation of all aftermarket exhausts.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Ive been curious if anybody has even just taken it in and had some borla mufflers just welded in, in place of the originals to get some kind of a sound example? Im betting that something like the stingers would just be off the hook with this 6.1....!
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrCarNut
Ive been curious if anybody has even just taken it in and had some borla mufflers just welded in, in place of the originals to get some kind of a sound example? Im betting that something like the stingers would just be off the hook with this 6.1....!
That was my original idea for the Jeep quite some time ago, as I've done this to trucks in the past, but it turned out that none of Borla's off the shelf mufflers would fit in the stock muffler location, especially since they don't offer a dual-in dual-out. The only place a pair of cans could go is in the back, replacing the factory resonators. Then all you need to do is replace the factory muffler with straightpipes.

I love the Borla sound more than any other exhaust so I'm sure their catback will be quite nice. I installed a Borla catback on a friends 5.7 Limited (it seems he got muffler envy after seeing my SRT) unfortunately it didn't sound quite the same as the 6.1
________
RubieROSE

Last edited by idealrides; 08-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 AM

I've got a Borla stinger cat-back on my Cobra. Sounds awesome. Hopefully the one for the GC will sound just as good.

2007 Silver GC SRT8 Nav, DVD---Corsa cat-back, Jet stat, BWoody CAI, Johan tune, BWoody links, R1 rotors w/zech pads, Eibachs, STII's
2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
2003 Cobra 460rwhp/470 rwtq
2013 Ford Raptor
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 PM

If it has the XR mufflers, Ill buy it...otherwise, I pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotStroked View Post
No kids, don't have the patience...Notice a recurring theme? Hey just saw your wife at Big Lots, she thinks you're an idiot as well.
The Fastest Realtor in Houston!
Have-08 Titan, 06 GCSRT, more to come.

H2 gone, but not forgotten!

Had-5 T/As, 4 CobraStangs, 2 Expys, 1 Navi, 4 Camaros, Taurus, T-Bird,and other stuff i can't remember...

Want: Syclone, Viper, Ubbercaddy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode